GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
Now, I was a little annoyed with SR getting rid of the gaming threads.

So please share your Championship Manger experiences in here.

Currently i am Sheffield Wednesday in the year 2030. This is the furthest I have ever got in any champ man game! THe other ones used to stop after 2026. Anyone know when it does end? If ever?

Anyways, whats the most you have sold someone for? Mine is £88M. Well chuffed with that sale. It was one of my home grown players as well. Came through the reserves and was a great hit.
Page:
Wed 13/03/02 at 19:17
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've done 7 seasons with Moreirarense in Portugal Second Division B. I spent 5 seasons stuck there because only one team gets promoted. Finally, I had built a team worthy of promotion and I got promoted. 8 games played in the Second Division and I was top. End of the season and I was 16th out of 18 and relegated. Current season, I'm 4th, 3 points behind the leaders. Unfortunately, I lost my goalkeeper and attacking winger to big clubs and my best defender won't sign a new deal. Seems like a bit of rebuilding is required.
Wed 13/03/02 at 18:05
Regular
Im not very god at this game, Im in 4th place near the end of my second season at man Utd.
Wed 13/03/02 at 14:17
Regular
"not dead"
Hehe!

Remember I said that I won the Intertoto cup ealrier in the season?

Well I got all the way to the Semi of the UEFA cup, before eventual winners Fioretina put me out. Also got to the semi final of the FA Cup, won the League Cup, and won the league, but only by 2 points, with a total of 81, it was very close.

I'm starting to get good at this. AMybe because I started with a decent team, rather than a rubbish one?
Wed 13/03/02 at 11:13
Regular
Damn crashes, most I have lost is 2 months worth. I try and save as often as possible these days though. You really never know when it might crash...
Tue 12/03/02 at 09:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've just finished my season as Real Madrid, and I was ahead by over 10 points at the end, beating Valencia (who were my nearest rivals) 4 - 0, which capped off 5 losses in a row for the end of their season... but remarkably, they still finished 2nd. :S

Vieri won the Best Striker of the Year award, which was nice too.
Tue 12/03/02 at 09:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That happened to me once.

It crashed when I had been playing for quite a while, and I lost quite a lot of un-saved data.
Mon 11/03/02 at 20:04
Regular
"Long time no see!"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!
Saturday night I was playing CM 01-02 for about 4 hours, as Man United, and I managed to complete about 2 months of decent form. Then, it suddenly crashes!! And I hadn't saved it!! It's really annoyed me as it's never crashed before!

And now I have to spend all that time doing it all again, with a last second winner against Leeds from a Tom Doherty header! But that's unlikely, just like my chances of catching Arsenal and their almost 20 point lead in an un-beaten run!!

Sometimes I really hate this game!
Mon 11/03/02 at 18:50
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Grandprix wrote:
> You don't rule at this game. You got sacked at Celtic!

----

Yeah, but I rule anyway.

I got sacked after 3 seasons, just like every manager.
Mon 11/03/02 at 16:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You don't rule at this game. You got sacked at Celtic!
Mon 11/03/02 at 16:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I just got sacked from Celtic as manager, and I got offered a job at Brechin City (some lower division Scottish club), and I've got them up 2 divisions in 2 seasons. My next step is to get them into the Premier.

I rule at this game!

:-)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.