GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
Now, I was a little annoyed with SR getting rid of the gaming threads.

So please share your Championship Manger experiences in here.

Currently i am Sheffield Wednesday in the year 2030. This is the furthest I have ever got in any champ man game! THe other ones used to stop after 2026. Anyone know when it does end? If ever?

Anyways, whats the most you have sold someone for? Mine is £88M. Well chuffed with that sale. It was one of my home grown players as well. Came through the reserves and was a great hit.
Page:
Mon 18/03/02 at 23:23
Regular
I just lost in the FA cup final and The champions leage final both on penalties :(

I cleared the league by about 25 points by that was the only trophy i took home this season...I was just about to equal Milan's 9 time record champions league winners as well...

Oh well, always next season!
Mon 18/03/02 at 17:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've not had a goal scored against me in the Champions League...... and I'm in the Quarter Finals.

I know it's weird, but it's true.

6-1 against Milan was my best score, though 3-0 over Man U was good.
Mon 18/03/02 at 17:08
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I hate Arsenal!!!!
Still in my first season with Man United, it's at the start of February, and the gunners are somehow almost 20 points clear, one place above me!! :(

My Champions' League forms is going well, but I was knoecked out of the FA Cup 1-0 by Man City with my strong team, and I never got passed the 3rd Round in the League Cup. :(

And i've sent my scouts out to watch Hasselbaink a few times, and Anelka's agreed to sign on a bosman this summer!
But thanks to the rumours, Andy Cole (who I intend to sell this summer) is unhappy and reckons Hasselbaink will relace him now!

So maybe footballers aren't as dumb as they look!
But I won't complete any more transfers untill the summer.
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Champions League is a wierd one. I think it works on previous results and not goal difference.

My Moreirense team has collapsed. Three influencial players left on Bosmans because I was losing money. Three players then retired leaving me with a bare minimum team and no money to bring any players in. All the free tranfer players suck. I think I had better leave that sinking ship before it pulls me down.
Sun 17/03/02 at 20:05
Regular
Jimmy Floyd HassleBaink waste of £15m, top scorer for the prem for Chelsea scored 5 in one season for me, now he cant even score in the reserves.

I didnt get through to the second stage of the champs leauge, I had equal points with schakle 04 and a better goal diference but it let schalke 04 go through. very weird, Im in the UEFA now anyway, it'll be easier.

My brother was fired from Wimbledon today.
Sun 17/03/02 at 19:39
Regular
i hate being the big teams on championship manager. im normally one of the relegation threatened teams. the best team i have ever been is bolton.
Sun 17/03/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Mole Hole"
Champ Manager is such a good game!

I played as Roma, but I am currently 5th. I still think it rules, and I have been hooked since I got it a few weeks a go.
Sat 16/03/02 at 23:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I got offered 75 million for Vieri from Inter, who wanted him back, but I said no.

Right now he's on 100,000 a week, but scoring nearly every game, and he's made me 15th in the best manager list ever.

Raul is playing better than him in the league this year though.
Sat 16/03/02 at 23:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Vieri
Raul
Morientes

3 best strikers I've ever seen.

In my season, all of them have played about 30-35 games, all with over 25 goals.

If that isn't good I don't know what is.
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:58
Regular
Heh, Too easy with Man Utd. My first season with them I Won 35/38 league games and drew the other 3. I got the sack at the end of the season though..asking for too much cash and gave the board an ultimatum.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.