GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 16:53
Regular
Now, I was a little annoyed with SR getting rid of the gaming threads.

So please share your Championship Manger experiences in here.

Currently i am Sheffield Wednesday in the year 2030. This is the furthest I have ever got in any champ man game! THe other ones used to stop after 2026. Anyone know when it does end? If ever?

Anyways, whats the most you have sold someone for? Mine is £88M. Well chuffed with that sale. It was one of my home grown players as well. Came through the reserves and was a great hit.
Page:
Thu 07/03/02 at 16:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
This is the 1st topic to get 100 posts in this Forum since it started.

AND I GOT IT!!

Whooooo!
Thu 07/03/02 at 16:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think my best list for going without a loss is for January the 3rd to June the 15th.

That was as Celtic.
Thu 07/03/02 at 16:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Were you ever sacked in that Sheff Wednesday game?
Thu 07/03/02 at 00:01
Regular
Here are a few stats from my Sheff Wed season...In year 2030...

Most games won in a row: 21
Most games without losing: 43
Top Goalscorer: 37 goals
Average age 24.47

Total money spent on players: £690M
Total money recieved from Tranfers: £796M

I did go into Billions with my old Barcalona season..

Biggest tranfer sum recieved: £88M for Paul Skinner (coudnt believe that one!) That was to deportivo.

I'm really pleased with some of the youngsters coming though my reserves. One player has only spent two seasons in my first team squad is already worth £18.75M.

I sold one of my home grown talents for £22M when he was still only 19. And he was a defender! It was only his third season of playing professional football!
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:32
well champ manager is THE game for the PC. most pc gamers will have at least one of the series in their collection.

just gained promotion with wolves. to madeira winning golden boot with 38 goals. him and muslimovic make a great partnership.
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
This thread rellay does keep this forum going.
Wed 06/03/02 at 19:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
What a brilliant player Christian Vieri is.

25 goals in 31 games for me, and 11 Man of Match awards.

I'm top of the league thanks to his partnership with Morientes. They have scored more goals together than most teams in the league have. I'm Real Madrid by the way.

I dumped Figo, and Congo and some other guy. I think Figo plays crap. So I bundled him off to Bayern Munchen for £26 million.

Raul is on the bench.

Vieri rules though!
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:35
Regular
I'f I'm losing after 2-0 after 30 mins I just go all out attack. 3 Strikers, one in support just behind them. Two attacking central midfielders, one defensive midfielder and 3 defenders.

This usually results in you making a wicked come back or getting totally thrashed...
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:21
Regular
"not dead"
I haven't lost a game for ages.

Like 10 matches or something.

After playing 5 league matches I'm 3rd having won 4 and drawn 1, I have a 2-0 advantage after the 1st leg in the League Cup, and I'm into the second round of the EUFA Cup.

Signed Gudjohnson from Chelsea, and he's playing well, though my team don't score a great deal of goals. Haven't conceded any in the league yet though.

I could use some advice though, what's the best way to turn around a result during a match? Say you go 2-0 down in the first 30 minutes, what would you do about it?
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Oh no! If you can actually watch the matches in CM4, then it could mean that my game's even slower on my PC!!
Unless I get/win a new one - very unlikely though!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.