GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell: I'm stuck.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/12/02 at 22:15
Regular
I've had it a whole 25 hours and I'm stuck already.

Ok, so in the Defence Ministry (I know, how crap am i..) after doing the glass lift microphone bit, i've entered a building through the window, and gone upstairs in a lift. Upstairs there are 2 glass doors with keypads, 1 covered by a camera, and a normal locked door leading into an office (been in, nothing interesting). So, where now? I can't find the codes for the doors, and there doesnt appear to be anywhere else to go...

Anyone?
Fri 03/01/03 at 22:50
Regular
Just look at Devil May Cry and you can see that the PS2 can patch out awesome graphics however I still can't understand why it ruins other games. Look at Max Payne (sorry Wookie but it is the best example), Ghost Recon, Rocky (amongst others) and you can't understand what happened! The games look great on other platforms but on the PS2 they are ruined by slowdown, lazy programming and poor attention to detail. Its not a question of whether the PS2 can handle it it is a question on whether or not developers will spend more time on the PS2 version trying to make it as good as the other versions.

Shenmue and Shenmue 2 are great examples of less powerful consoles creating games that look as good as release today on consoles 2-3 times as powerful and 4 times faster. It will always be a mystery to me why developers would rather patch out a half complete game rather than spending the time making it a Bench Mark title! I know funding and sales play a HUGE part but it goes to show (with games like Splinter Cell, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry etc) that time spent on making the games better will make games sell more, this isn't always the case *coughTheGetawaycough* but more often than not it is.
Fri 03/01/03 at 22:30
Regular
I'm thinking probably. Seen the Silent Hill 3 graphics? And that's real time too..
Fri 03/01/03 at 22:02
Regular
Yes it is, it will appear on the PS2 at the same time as it does on the PC. Whether it can handle it is a totally different question...
Fri 03/01/03 at 21:40
Regular
Smiling Demon wrote:
> I dint' have the game of even an Xbox, but I've played it at my mates
> house. It's brilliant! I loved the way you can climb between walls and
> hang and crawl along pipes. And I only played the training bit and the
> some of the first mission!
>
> I can't wait for this to be released on PS2

it's not gonna be released onto ps2
Fri 03/01/03 at 21:39
Regular
it's not gonna be released on ps2, soz
Fri 03/01/03 at 21:38
Regular
this ite has some good walkthru's, i got mine from ere...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/0,10850,6019665,00.html
Mon 30/12/02 at 08:56
Regular
Whooo! wrote:
> I'm stuck again, Chinese Embassy where you have to use thermal goggles
> on the keypad, for the life of me i cant work it out, i do it, but
> only two buttons are glowing, how am i meant to work out the code?

I thought this was a little unfair, as only 3 keys seemed to show up when I used the thermal goggles.
I must admit I cheated.

*SPOILER*

Here are the codes in order you need them:

Mon 30/12/02 at 02:06
Regular
"How Handy."
I'm stuck again, Chinese Embassy where you have to use thermal goggles on the keypad, for the life of me i cant work it out, i do it, but only two buttons are glowing, how am i meant to work out the code?
Sun 29/12/02 at 20:03
Regular
I dint' have the game of even an Xbox, but I've played it at my mates house. It's brilliant! I loved the way you can climb between walls and hang and crawl along pipes. And I only played the training bit and the some of the first mission!

I can't wait for this to be released on PS2
Sun 29/12/02 at 11:34
Regular
*Go onto the balcony and turn left, not right.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.