GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell: I'm stuck.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/12/02 at 22:15
Regular
I've had it a whole 25 hours and I'm stuck already.

Ok, so in the Defence Ministry (I know, how crap am i..) after doing the glass lift microphone bit, i've entered a building through the window, and gone upstairs in a lift. Upstairs there are 2 glass doors with keypads, 1 covered by a camera, and a normal locked door leading into an office (been in, nothing interesting). So, where now? I can't find the codes for the doors, and there doesnt appear to be anywhere else to go...

Anyone?
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:58
Regular
it seems you gotta take a close look at the colours......they show the sequence of the numbers pressed, i think that its darkest blue (first button pressed) through to red (last button pressed), if you cant manage this then i think they go summat like :
1436 this opens the door with the two gaurds into the main hall
1456 opens the door into the lift
1834 opens the door at the end of the corridor (quick for this one!!lol)
7921 opens the door in the room you landed in earlier and the door has a mop and bucket against it.

I'm not sure of these codes...but your welcome to try.

BTW, finally got the surround sound sorted.....Halo ROCKS and Splinter Cell, well, AWESOME. If you aint got it....GET IT :))
Thu 09/01/03 at 15:39
Regular
"BOSE"
man, i was stuck on that bit for about...2 days! i tell you, you have to have patience for this game.

but now i'm stuck on the second Chinese Embessy level...where you're in the hallway and the block stops and talks to his mate about the general trying to kill himself. he runs off and you have to use your goggles to see the heat-signatures on the keypads. i don't get it! which numbers do i press?!! or could anyone who's done this level tell me the codes to the doors in order please??? :-)
Wed 08/01/03 at 12:40
Regular
yeh.....you only need to set the turret covering the americans (do we really need to cover the chinese?? j/k) then stand in the middle and blast away, you'll need to watch though....sometimes you get a terrorist on the right who will lob in a grenade toward the american hostages, take him out with a headshot before he throws it :)
After all that the main man arrives and you gotta pop a cap in his behind too....he'll keep dodging behind the arches at the back......throw a couple of grenades at him or a head shot if your quick, and your sorted!!!
Wed 08/01/03 at 11:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I just set the turrets to take out anyone that crosses in front, then stood in the middle and lobbed occasional grenades.

Whereas the stupid thermal keypad bits made me scream in angry
Wed 08/01/03 at 11:02
Regular
Easy guys.....anybody got any ideas about how to get past the end of the abbatoir level?....its quite difficult isnt it!!! I've managed to kill the first three guards a few times but the next ones always get the hostages!!! I've had to stop playing it cause it was stressing me out...but id really like to finish the game and put it to bed..any tips, ideas or just plain assistance would be nice cheers.
ps Tony Hawks rocks....i've been converted!!!
Sun 05/01/03 at 14:10
Regular
Is the second turret the one that is just around the corner of one of the flaps to the opeining? If you go further back you can jump up onto the pipe above and crawl right through into the next area. From here you can sneak up behind it and disable it. I am unsure whether this is the second, if I am wrong tell me which one you are talking about and I will help you with it.
Sun 05/01/03 at 13:39
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> On a less arguementative note, How the hell do I get past that 2nd
> turret?

Try using a flare (if you've got any) - throw it in the opposite direction. The turret guns are supposedly attracted to heat sources.
Sun 05/01/03 at 13:36
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> How the hell do I get past that 2nd turret?

Are you speaking about Alistair, or Wookie Monster?
Sun 05/01/03 at 13:33
Regular
Ow!

To be honest non of them games intrest me though! Stuntman all the way!
Sun 05/01/03 at 13:23
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> There is quite a few good games on the PS2, The best game on the
> console has to be Stuntman, Best PS2 game ever.

[Hits gamezfreak]

Go and play Deus Ex. Or GTA3. Or GTA: Vice City. Or Metal Gear Solid 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.