GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell: I'm stuck.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/12/02 at 22:15
Regular
I've had it a whole 25 hours and I'm stuck already.

Ok, so in the Defence Ministry (I know, how crap am i..) after doing the glass lift microphone bit, i've entered a building through the window, and gone upstairs in a lift. Upstairs there are 2 glass doors with keypads, 1 covered by a camera, and a normal locked door leading into an office (been in, nothing interesting). So, where now? I can't find the codes for the doors, and there doesnt appear to be anywhere else to go...

Anyone?
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:24
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> And so you should. It's a great game.

Not really. It's about a 7/10 game. At the most. I was expecting at least nine.

> Good luck getting a copy, though - sold out everywhere here where I
> live, since a week before Xmas.

I have one. I was disappointed.
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:21
Regular
One of the two fanboys? Who would they be then? To be honest I think the biggest fanboy is the accuser especailly when it comes down to Sony and the PS2, they can't do a thing wrong ;)
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:14
Regular
When you make the bloke get out of the car....Remember Driver 2? When you got out of the car on that? That graphics were appalling.

He walks dodgey, The animation is'nt fluent and i've "fell" through the ground on numerous occasions. Ok, i've only played the first few missions on the game but still I found it highly medicore, Getting in a Nissan Sunny (Yes I know, a granny car) and attempting to speed down the road is so slow, The game just does'nt give any sense of speed.

Give me GTA3:VC anyday. Even though thats not brilliant, Its better then the Getaway.
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:04
"High polygon count"
gamezfreak wrote:
> The cars move so slow

The cars are realistic. These are supposed to be real cars in real traffic - it isn't a racing game. When's the last time you saw a Fiesta do 0-60 in 2 seconds? Get the better cars (Lexus, Lotus, TVR etc.) and you get better speed. Any quicker would render the game unplayable.

> There is so many graphical flaws its unbeleiveable

That's nonsense. The graphics are solid. The real let-down is the camera system, but it's at least consistent - when you get used to it, it's perfectly manageable.

> especially when you get out of a car.

Explain please, because I've no problem with it.

But of course, I expect to be told my opinion is wrong in this forum, at least by one of the two fanboys.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:57
Regular
LOL!

Yeah, Gamecubes suck compared to surround sound keyboards!

*buys extra keyboards*
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:35
Regular
It looks like Gamezfreak gas thrown out the idea of getting a Cube and instead decided to get a Surround Sound Keyboard ;)
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:14
Regular
Thats you opinion Wookie, I've played it and it sucks donkey testicles. The cars move so slow, There is so many graphical flaws its unbeleiveable, especially when you get out of a car.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:14
Regular
Thats you opinion Wookie, I've played it and it sucks donkey testicles. The cars move so slow, There is so many graphical flaws its unbeleiveable, especially when you get out of a car.
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:59
"High polygon count"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Curse that cunning Team Soho. I was looking forward to The Getaway,
> too.

And so you should. It's a great game.

Good luck getting a copy, though - sold out everywhere here where I live, since a week before Xmas.
Sat 04/01/03 at 12:59
Regular
Curse that cunning Team Soho. I was looking forward to The Getaway, too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.