GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I NEED to be Persuaded..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
After a lot of thinking I have decided to get a GAMECUBE and with a bit of luck I will have it before this weekend :) However before I decide to jump in and make the purchase I need some help. Please would you try to answer the questions below and explain to me about each one, thanks!

1. I have a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound system which currently is home to my Xbox but I need information on the GameCube's sound qualitys. I know that it doesn't support Dolby Digital but I am aware that it does support PRO LOGIC and PRO LOGIC 2. However, does anyone know what I will need to purchase to get that up and running? Do I just need an advanced scart cable with OPTICAL INPUT or do I need something else to connect it to my 5.1 AMP? (It supports DTS, PRO LOGIC, PRO LOGIC 2 as well)

2. I am planning to get Residnet Evil with it but as of yet that is all I am planning. I have heard about Eternal Darkness and Rougue Leader etc but what other game in that genre will cater for my gameing needs? I like FPS game, Action/Adventure and Shooting games. Any game listed with a bit of information would be appraciated.

3. What up and coming games should I be looking out for (besides Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda)?

4. I like the Xbox controller and I was wondering if there were any 3rd Party controllers that were like it?

5. Is DIE HARD VENDETTA any good as I am a HUGE Die Hard fan and the review I have read haven't impressed me, but what do you think?

Any additional information would be greatfull appreciated as I am unaware of the Capabilities as of yet!

Thanks
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:01
Regular
I thought that about the GameCube and Metroid Prime but now I have one there are loads of games that I want :) Believe me there are some excellent exclusives on the Xbox this year, being able to afford them all as well as my Cube games I need to raid a bank ;) Anyone want to help?
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Having a perfect set up for FPSs and ruining it by using a gamepad. Absolute madness.
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:58
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Mav, are you getting an Xbox for DEUS EX 2 or are you getting it on
> PC?

I'll probably be getting a controller for my PC, and getting Deus Ex 2 on that, seeing as I can only see one X-Box exclusive I want (Fable). And that's not enough for me, unfortunately.
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:55
Regular
StarFox Adventures is an action/adventure game that is very much like The Legend Of Zelda but with perhaps simpler puzzles. Nevertheless, it's an addictive and varied game that you won't get bored of thanks to the imagination of the scenes and tasks you undertake. There's also a good few flying levels too. Casual or thorough gamers will finish this in around twenty-five hours, while the experienced will have it licked within fifteen. Oh, and it's Fox McCloud :D.

StarFox Armada is (obviously) not going to be made by Rare, but Namco. Instead of staying with the adventure genre, they're taking the StarFox team back to it's roots, with a dedicated flying game. Information is scarce, but if you enjoyed Lylat Wars and Rogue Leader then I think this'll have to go down on your must-buy list for next year.
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> A little game called HALO is just a teeny weeny bit better than
> Serious Sam amongst others ;) Deus EX as well makes Turok look very
> dated :)

To tell you the truth I prefer Serious Sam to HALO, as it is far more interesting and fun. And Turok is still a great game, no matter how many other FPSs have come out after it.
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:52
Regular
Ahhhh you where talking about Adventures, wait for Armada. Adventures is a pile of reconditioned crap.
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Starfox Adventures is an adventure game, much like a poor man's zelda, which uses the characters from Lylat Wars on the N64, which was the sequel to Starwing on the SNES.
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:50
Regular
SNES even
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
(Starfox Mcloud, correct me if I am wrong
> but I used to own the original for the snez, is this the space shooter
> game with classic boss battles?)

Yup sequel to NES original, being made by Namco it's gonna rock so much.

Not too much knows about it yet but apparently it's gonna feature lots of full on dog fights and stuff. Should hopefully be out by the end of the year.
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, MOHAA, Project IGI, Turok/2, Operation
> Flashpoint, Serious Sam, Half-Life, NOLF 2 the list goes on.

A little game called HALO is just a teeny weeny bit better than Serious Sam amongst others ;) Deus EX as well makes Turok look very dated :)

Mav, are you getting an Xbox for DEUS EX 2 or are you getting it on PC?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.