GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I NEED to be Persuaded..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
After a lot of thinking I have decided to get a GAMECUBE and with a bit of luck I will have it before this weekend :) However before I decide to jump in and make the purchase I need some help. Please would you try to answer the questions below and explain to me about each one, thanks!

1. I have a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound system which currently is home to my Xbox but I need information on the GameCube's sound qualitys. I know that it doesn't support Dolby Digital but I am aware that it does support PRO LOGIC and PRO LOGIC 2. However, does anyone know what I will need to purchase to get that up and running? Do I just need an advanced scart cable with OPTICAL INPUT or do I need something else to connect it to my 5.1 AMP? (It supports DTS, PRO LOGIC, PRO LOGIC 2 as well)

2. I am planning to get Residnet Evil with it but as of yet that is all I am planning. I have heard about Eternal Darkness and Rougue Leader etc but what other game in that genre will cater for my gameing needs? I like FPS game, Action/Adventure and Shooting games. Any game listed with a bit of information would be appraciated.

3. What up and coming games should I be looking out for (besides Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda)?

4. I like the Xbox controller and I was wondering if there were any 3rd Party controllers that were like it?

5. Is DIE HARD VENDETTA any good as I am a HUGE Die Hard fan and the review I have read haven't impressed me, but what do you think?

Any additional information would be greatfull appreciated as I am unaware of the Capabilities as of yet!

Thanks
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
For the 'great' ending?
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:35
Regular
I think Starfox is definately worth playing all the way through
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:22
Regular
Rent sounds best.

Tilt was blown away by it during the first hour or so.
Unfortunately, despite the awesome graphics, it apparently has the depth of a paddling pool.

Pity really, with a few tweaks in the design department it could've been a classic.

I'm basing on this on opinions by the by, not actually played it properly yet.

As for Smash Brothers, the single player is a laugh, but possibly not worth it unless you're going to be playing the multiplayer as well.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:13
Regular
I will rent Starfox and see for myself what it is like.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And I prefer to kill things on my own merits rather than relying on an auto aim.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Touched!"
Although i don't own starfox i an willing to give it a try, from what i've been reading since its release its one of these games that you will either love or hate, so i'd rent it first, decide whether or not its for you.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Oh yes. Gerrid. The mouse and directional buttons preferrer.
> Madness.

Yes I prefer to be able to aim with ease and move at the same time. I also like to be able to run AND aim AND change weapons ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Yes! Wow! I can do it all with a mouse and keyboard.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Nevertheless,
> it's an addictive and varied game that you won't get bored of thanks
> to the imagination of the scenes and tasks you undertake.

You will get bored the constant button mashing and puzzle solving. Most of the puzzles consist of "get this explosive barrel to this cracked wall", or "shoot this switch", and the rest of the game simply involves running through the same areas over and over again.

>There's also
> a good few flying levels too.

Which are all ridiculously easy, repetetive and monotonous

>Casual or thorough gamers will finish
> this in around twenty-five hours, while the experienced will have it
> licked within fifteen.

If it takes you more than 18 hours, you should find another hobby, and if you're not absolutely rubbish, you should be able to complete it in under 16 hours easily. And you will never play it again.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:02
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
Nevertheless,
> it's an addictive and varied game that you won't get bored of thanks
> to the imagination of the scenes and tasks you undertake.

That's a sick joke....right?

Starfox is about as a imaginative as a pair of water proof swimming trunks.

It's just a case of lazy Rare fobbing us off with another text book adventure game, it wouldn't be so bad it if it actually played well but it's just so damn boring and repetetive to play. The puzzles are patronising and the space shooting levels are rubbish and it's so feckin linear.

I'd stear well clear of this game Garbe (can't remember ya new name)
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:01
Regular
Oh yes. Gerrid. The mouse and directional buttons preferrer.
Madness.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.