GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I NEED to be Persuaded..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/01/03 at 14:52
Regular
After a lot of thinking I have decided to get a GAMECUBE and with a bit of luck I will have it before this weekend :) However before I decide to jump in and make the purchase I need some help. Please would you try to answer the questions below and explain to me about each one, thanks!

1. I have a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound system which currently is home to my Xbox but I need information on the GameCube's sound qualitys. I know that it doesn't support Dolby Digital but I am aware that it does support PRO LOGIC and PRO LOGIC 2. However, does anyone know what I will need to purchase to get that up and running? Do I just need an advanced scart cable with OPTICAL INPUT or do I need something else to connect it to my 5.1 AMP? (It supports DTS, PRO LOGIC, PRO LOGIC 2 as well)

2. I am planning to get Residnet Evil with it but as of yet that is all I am planning. I have heard about Eternal Darkness and Rougue Leader etc but what other game in that genre will cater for my gameing needs? I like FPS game, Action/Adventure and Shooting games. Any game listed with a bit of information would be appraciated.

3. What up and coming games should I be looking out for (besides Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda)?

4. I like the Xbox controller and I was wondering if there were any 3rd Party controllers that were like it?

5. Is DIE HARD VENDETTA any good as I am a HUGE Die Hard fan and the review I have read haven't impressed me, but what do you think?

Any additional information would be greatfull appreciated as I am unaware of the Capabilities as of yet!

Thanks
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:59
Regular
KIREBA wrote:
> Dolby Pro Logic 2 is an anologue format which can give all the effect
> of ordinary Pro Logic but through a phono connection (Red &
> white).

Pro Logic runs from Phono though. I have sent off for some Phono to Jack connections so that I can attatch these to my Analog sockets and then attatch the Right and Left Phono connections to my AMP. The only difference is the connections are not colour coded but they are labelled left and right so It should be OK. Thanks for the information though.
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:26
Regular
Dolby Pro Logic 2 is an anologue format which can give all the effect of ordinary Pro Logic but through a phono connection (Red & white).
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:14
Regular
"the burning sky"
Is it not currywurst?, but really fiddling with a sausage in bed, get a life!
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ich habe ein sehr großes currivorst in meinem Schlafsack
Sat 04/01/03 at 16:08
"+ suspicious minds"
I an see why THIS thread is so popular.
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:55
Regular
You want some pins Dave?
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:54
Regular
You're my wife now.

Is Dave there?

Who's Dave?
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:52
Regular
But you are a miserable git Dave
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:50
Regular
The experience of being bored?
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:49
Regular
for the expirence

It's not like it will take long..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.