GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XI is DOOMED to fail"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/02/02 at 18:02
Regular
Why?

Well, assuming you want to play this game, and you already have PS2, you HAVE to buy the following:

GAME
MODEM
HARD DRIVE
KEYBOARD
SUBSCRIPTION to PlayOnline.

How many people outside Japan perhaps will bother. I was slightly annoyed I have to buy an expansion pack for some 64 game, but this game's requirments are obscene!

Sonic
Tue 26/02/02 at 16:19
"High polygon count"
FYI:

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1536
Fri 08/02/02 at 23:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Triple_H wrote:
> £100?How does that work. I though that the modem is going to cost in
> excess of £100, the modem another £30 and the game obviously
> £40. So thats about £200 already....

well, I was giving Sony the benefit of the doubt... a modem DOES NOT cost £100!

Sonic
Fri 08/02/02 at 23:08
Regular
FFX has a RRP of £49.99.

IT will be sold for £45 on most websites but you will have to pay an "N64 Game" price if you buy it in the high street.
Fri 08/02/02 at 23:01
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I meant game obviously £50
Fri 08/02/02 at 22:52
Regular
"You Bum!!"
£100?How does that work. I though that the modem is going to cost in excess of £100, the modem another £30 and the game obviously £40. So thats about £200 already....
Fri 08/02/02 at 22:44
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Or†ega wrote:
> Oh yeh, after you've paid for all these goodies, dont forget FFX has a RRP of
> £49.99....

errr... please say you're joking?

So, for the game, HDD (which has almost no toher use) and the Modem (which will be useful), you're looking at about £100... I see loads of casual gamers doing that!

The only way it could be worse is if you needed to get a new memory card too!

sonic
Fri 08/02/02 at 12:56
Regular
Oh yeh, after you've paid for all these goodies, dont forget FFX has a RRP of £49.99....
Wed 06/02/02 at 21:28
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
U might not need to pre-order your xbox. Ive been talking to several console importers who have found several pre release uk xbox games that play on us and jap machines, it seems that rumours before its release may well be true and that xbox can play games from all regions. I will post more on the xbox forum when i find more out.
Wed 06/02/02 at 21:18
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sony's customer service, like most big company's, is so variable that it's not worth the time.

Sonic
Wed 06/02/02 at 19:40
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Sonic, you're right about the DVD thing, it is a cheap add on that most people would want whether it was essential to the X Box or not. However...and going off topic...I've spent another hour or so today being passed around various parts of Sony's customer service (an oxymoron there, in Sony's case anyway, kinda like military intelligence) and after making as much fuss as possible - concerning my still dead playstation 2 - only managed to get htem to offer me another "refurbished" console. I refused, I'm hoping that the shop where I brought it from, and work, has more this week. That way I can exchange it and finally do something positive !

Yup, I have the advert all ready for the paper;
"Playstation 2 Console For Sale, as new, never opened, with receipt £150"

I've had it with Sony, and whilst me not buying their stuff is unlikely to make a single bit of difference, I just don't care. All I have left to do now is a)sell all my PS2 stuff rapidly b)decide where to pre order the X Box from c)dread the phone bill coming with all these long calls to Sony d)liven up the X Box forum, its sooooooo dead in there, but it won't be after March 14th I'm guessing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.