GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XI is DOOMED to fail"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/02/02 at 18:02
Regular
Why?

Well, assuming you want to play this game, and you already have PS2, you HAVE to buy the following:

GAME
MODEM
HARD DRIVE
KEYBOARD
SUBSCRIPTION to PlayOnline.

How many people outside Japan perhaps will bother. I was slightly annoyed I have to buy an expansion pack for some 64 game, but this game's requirments are obscene!

Sonic
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:02
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Why?

Well, assuming you want to play this game, and you already have PS2, you HAVE to buy the following:

GAME
MODEM
HARD DRIVE
KEYBOARD
SUBSCRIPTION to PlayOnline.

How many people outside Japan perhaps will bother. I was slightly annoyed I have to buy an expansion pack for some 64 game, but this game's requirments are obscene!

Sonic
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:06
Regular
"Whatever!"
I dont think I'll bother!!
Sat 02/02/02 at 18:52
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Why will you need a keyboard? Or a hard drive?

You didn't need a key board for Phantasy Star Online since there was already an on-screen keyboard built in. Surely, they will do something similar with FF10?
Sat 02/02/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Back For Good"
you only need the modem, the price of subscription is still a question mark however they are offering several months free.
Sat 02/02/02 at 21:33
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Resevilfan wrote:
> you only need the modem, the price of subscription is still a question mark
> however they are offering several months free.

I'm talking about in Japan... whether you need a subscription outside Japan is still in doubt.

However, you DO need all the other things- Modem, HDD, Keyboard and the game. Check out the previews in EDGE and elsewhere.

Sonic
Sat 02/02/02 at 22:07
edge magazine hates the ps2
Sat 02/02/02 at 22:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I would have to say that Edge are quite big Ninty fans, but they rate Ninty games terrible too.

Idiots!
Sat 02/02/02 at 22:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Silent85 wrote:
> edge magazine hates the ps2

this is pure rubbish... only people who can't open their eyes and realise that the PS2 ISN'T actually perfect, and that there were far more problems with it then there should have been say this.

Sonic
Sat 02/02/02 at 22:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
AfroJoe wrote:
> I would have to say that Edge are quite big Ninty fans, but they rate Ninty
> games terrible too.

Idiots!

like what? They usually give ninty games great marks, like 8 out of 10... if you think that's bad, you just don't understand their scoring system...

10/10 is PERFECTION in todays gaming. Only 4 games have got this

9/10 is MUST HAVE worthy of being a classic.

5/10 is AVERAGE- not bad, not great.

Sonic
Sat 02/02/02 at 22:53
Regular
"WWJD"
i never really liked the Final Fantasy series so i won't be getting it, But it does seem abit much. I want to get a modem for my PS2 but will you be able to dial up on your normal internet No.? i would think you could

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.