GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Xbox Live question- bit different tho"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/01/03 at 00:33
Regular
Might just be a load of bull, but my dad says it was on TV that a piece of software has been developed that allows any modem to work 5 times faster than was currently thought possible. So 56 K modems with the software can reach around 250K.

Would that be fast enough to work on Xbox live? And if not should Ms not allows people witht he software to use Xbox Live? I mean, it would be alot less hastle to get the software than getting Broadband and the increased costs.

That is- if the software exists. Anyone know anymore about it?

PS- Its getting way to quiet in here.
Sun 12/01/03 at 01:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
A trailer from my forthcoming full motion picture:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/phillip.hudson23/vids/dg.avi

It's 399kb and pretty good quality too!
Sun 12/01/03 at 01:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
As the unveiling of the super cool GBASP still lingers in our minds I can’t help but feel renewed confidence in the intentions of Nintendo to battle out second place with Microsoft. Microsoft and Sony seem to be really overshadowing Nintendo by shamelessly overexposing their products to the masses. And matching each other’s tactics in a suitably cut-throat way.

Meanwhile Nintendo beavers away as always, working on its secret plans. Which, whilst sounding intriguing works against Nintendo, since the secret plans are so well kept secret. If nobody is aware of your market intentions, then all but those in the know are going to be oblivious as to where the console is going.

Now it seems that Nintendo has realised that it needs to be a little more open about its plans, and all for the better.

The unveiling of the GBA SP is a stroke of marketing genius. They have taken the GBA and totally revamped it to fit in with the lifestyles of a wider demographic. Whether it be an office executive commuting to work, or a student in a lecture, you can see the new design “Fitting in”. Furthermore the presence of the backlight and the rechargeable battery not only improve the experience for the player, but they show that Nintendo is listening, and that they care.

The revelation that Capcom will be producing 5 brand new exclusive games for the cube is another ace in the hole. When the company that are responsible for Street fighter, Devil May Cry and Metal gear solid commit so heavily to a system it will raise eyebrows and turn heads. It’s exactly the kind of exposure that Nintendo needs in these crucial stages.

The inclusion of The Ocarina of Time and Ura Zelda with pre-ordered copies of The Wind Waker has also been a strategic move on Nintendo’s part. Selling half a million copies in just 2 and a half weeks is phenomenal. And no doubt that people who were apprehensive were persuaded by the chance to play OOT again and experience Ura Zelda.

The production of the GBA player is also quite inspiring. Not only does the game allow you to play GBA games through your cube, but also I have no doubt that there will be a deeper surprise in store. Perhaps playing on the GBA GC connectivity to introduce a new playing experience. If this was sold at a price lower than the GBA then it could really take off, after all, the main attraction of the GBA is in its portability. Consumers shouldn’t have to pay more for something that is less portable.

And lastly we come to the confirmation of GC Pokémon, another Mario game, and Pikmin 2. Whilst it is unlike Nintendo to be so forthcoming with sequels, these games will no doubt be system sellers in their own rights. Both Pikmin and Mario sunshine were very accomplished games, and making sequels can only help to cement the success of the Gamecube. Not to mention the fact that Pokémon is still a phenomenon in Japan, and will no doubt sell a few million at least.

Nintendo have never been an easy company to predict, and I have no doubt that won’t change. But I feel they have become more dependable, since that “washed up” feeling from the N64, there can still be a few moments of anguish when I read some of the gaming news. Now Nintendo have their sights set high, I think this will be a very interesting year.

Thanks for reading. CM :)
Sun 12/01/03 at 01:34
Regular
Why did you just write that here?
Sun 12/01/03 at 01:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
This is the post i posted in prime.

Sr is REALLY screwed up.
Sun 12/01/03 at 01:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*scratches head*

This seems to have become the dumping ground for lost posts.
Sun 12/01/03 at 01:45
Regular
Well I spot your prime topic, hallohowartthou's (I think) 'Lost Posts' topic and phils one about his car.

hmm
Sun 12/01/03 at 01:51
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
This thread is hilarious!

Classic!
Sun 12/01/03 at 01:53
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ah, the XBOX forum returning to it's age old tradition of mindless SPAM...

:c)
Sun 12/01/03 at 02:14
"Why Drunk Cow?"
Will Zelda ever be changed to some company besides Nintendo!!?? Imean c'mon theve been with Nintendo for the longest time!! Ever since Super Nintendo to Gamecube. But i doubt the legend of Zelda will ever be broken and they will always remain loyal to the Nintendo company. But i think sony should reach an agreement with them and see if they could make Zelda even better than now(even though they really don't need help) but it would be fun to see sony try.
Sun 12/01/03 at 02:15
"Why Drunk Cow?"
Will Zelda ever be changed to some company besides Nintendo!!?? I mean c'mon theve been with Nintendo for the longest time!! Ever since Super Nintendo to Gamecube. But i doubt the legend of Zelda will ever be broken and they will always remain loyal to the Nintendo company. But i think sony should reach an agreement with them and see if they could make Zelda even better than now(even though they really don't need help) but it would be fun to see sony try.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.