GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Xbox Live question- bit different tho"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/01/03 at 00:33
Regular
Might just be a load of bull, but my dad says it was on TV that a piece of software has been developed that allows any modem to work 5 times faster than was currently thought possible. So 56 K modems with the software can reach around 250K.

Would that be fast enough to work on Xbox live? And if not should Ms not allows people witht he software to use Xbox Live? I mean, it would be alot less hastle to get the software than getting Broadband and the increased costs.

That is- if the software exists. Anyone know anymore about it?

PS- Its getting way to quiet in here.
Mon 13/01/03 at 19:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
~X The Master X~ wrote:
> dunno what the other replys said (i can't be bother to clikc back and
> look) but anyway it's rubbish 56k can only do 56k. i won't bore you as
> into why but it just can't do it.
>
> and even if it could do 256kbp (which it can) it still aint fast
> enough as you need a 512k connection for x box live.#

No you dont, minimum requirment is a 256K/128K, meaning 256 Download and 128 upload. In America there lowest form of DSL is 384/128. If you have a 512/256 connection which is standard here then you will have more than enough speed to play lag free.
Mon 13/01/03 at 15:28
"Lemon eyewash"
dunno what the other replys said (i can't be bother to clikc back and look) but anyway it's rubbish 56k can only do 56k. i won't bore you as into why but it just can't do it.

and even if it could do 256kbp (which it can) it still aint fast enough as you need a 512k connection for x box live.
Sun 12/01/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/httpd/html/discussions/display_messages.php on line 163

There aren't any discussion message!

This is what I see when I click on any topic. Maybe its just my pc that sucks or is it happeneing/happened to anyone else?
Sun 12/01/03 at 13:49
Regular
Hmmm...
Sun 12/01/03 at 13:48
Regular
lad de da 123
Sun 12/01/03 at 13:45
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
Its about 15 minutes to kick, what you think about this game, and will it end.
Sun 12/01/03 at 13:43
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
i am going to rent it first to see if i like it. the graphics look pucka on the game. i have just saved some pics of the game.

what rating would you give the game???
Sun 12/01/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Would anyone like to swap one (or more) of their cube games for any of the following GC titles:-

Die Hard: Vendetta

Starfox Adventures

Let me know if you do because I dont want to end up trading them in at Game and been ripped off. Thanks.

(and yes this is posted in the Ninty forum aswell)
Sun 12/01/03 at 13:42
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
i am going to rent it first to see if i like it. the graphics look pucka on the game. i have just saved some pics of the game.

what rating would you give the game???
Sun 12/01/03 at 13:42
Regular
"anime freak"
Ok lets have some history first:

I think final fantasy I-VI were on Nes or Super nes (correct me if i'm wrong). Then things went sour between Nintendo and Square soft, so all subsequent games were for a sony console. Only last year did they make up so now brand new final fantasy is comming to gba and gc.

I think now that ninty and square soft are great friends at least some of the old final fantasy games should come to gba. It worked with the breath of fire series so why couldn't it work with final fantasy?

I want anyones views on weather or not it would work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.