GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WRC Challenge Weekend 1"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/01/02 at 12:56
Regular
Only 24 hours to the first code is released, have you registered @ wrc.com (follow the PS2 link etc).

Contest 1 closes at midnight Monday (Monday night), it would be nice to get as many people involved on this thread as possible.

I'm sure some smart German/Swede/.... will beat us all by thirty seconds but hey who cares, it's the taking part that counts.

There is still the chance of being the best in the UK.

Perhaps SR will use WRC as one of their Gamer of the Month challenges later in the year.

Post our times here once we get the code, by the way have you all registered with the same username you use here ?, I have.
Wed 23/01/02 at 14:04
Tell me about it.

I just can't see how to knock even a few seconds off never mind 20!!
Wed 23/01/02 at 14:01
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I just tried logging onto site and no joy, haven't been able to log on since Monday I think.
New code should be up tomorrow at midday.
Have found best/quickest url to use is http://217.158.61.220/chal.asp?lang=en

Might help, might not.
I wish I could see someone under 6 minutes replay to see where I am going oh so wrong.
Wed 23/01/02 at 13:32
Not a problem - the code is actually available on www.wrc.com and I believe it's on a page that anyone can view.

But yes, the code's bound to be put on here so no problem either way.

Decent times you've got there too, should be able to get under 6:10 if you've been reducing them that much.
I've just hit a stagnant 6:14 every time - I may well have a go again every now and then - I'm sure g1nger isn't playing it by the same rules as the champ.

By that I mean no more times can be posted with him either.
It would be interesting to see if any of us can get under 6 mins - although it would all be trust of course.
Wed 23/01/02 at 13:04
Regular
"size does matter"
Well, here goes:

I took three shots at it over the lunch break and the results are as follows:

1. 01.57.50 + 01.19.38 + 03.04.82 6.21.70
2. was something 6.18.--
3. 01.54.40 + 01.19.00 + 03.00.70 6.14.10

I hope you don't think that I'm lying. Maybe it helps if I honestly admit that I knew the last stage by heart and my best time there (in time trial mode) is 02.56.--. So I'm really not new to this game. However, I think I did quite well and despite some mistakes it will be very difficult to get much better.

But thank a lot for the code, now I know what I'm worth;)
Btw, can I still register in order to participate in the upcoming events? If not, I'd be happy if you could always post the code, so I can participate at least here.

Thanks in advance
Wed 23/01/02 at 11:35
Regular
"size does matter"
Thanks, don't worry about lying, I'm not into that. Since I haven't played for a long time, I can even give you a wild guess that in the beginning I'll be like 30-40 seconds short of your times. Consider me lying if I'll say that beat your time in one day or so:)

thanks again.
Wed 23/01/02 at 11:27
Just go to the challenge mode and enter the code:

L5020K

This will give you Tommi Makinen's Evo with three stages.

Simply get the best time. I think that g1nger's 6:11 is the one to beat, mine is 6:14.

Check over at www.g1nger.net for the top times via the WRC logo.

You won't be able to do anything with the code that you'll be given but it will say how you've done on each stage and overall time.

We'll just have to trust that you're not lying.
Wed 23/01/02 at 10:48
Regular
"size does matter"
Well, sadly enough I didn't have a chance to participate in the challenge. I haven't even registered. Oh well.

Anyway, I was thinking that maybe someone would not consider it too much trouble posting the required stages, car and settings for the past weekends challenge, so I could see how well I would've done? I would let you know too how lousy I was:)

Since I'm not UK based, you don't have to worry about me taking up any places on the UK scoreboard, should I decide to register...
Tue 22/01/02 at 22:34
Nope, just can't get below 6:14 - no matter what.

Never mind, I'm quite happy with the time. Not too far behind you g1nger.
Tue 22/01/02 at 21:49
Hi g1nger and the rest,

Yes! Just crushed my earlier time!

1.49.38 + 1.16.04 + 2.56.86 = 6.02.28!

Not the best in Sweden, but I really didn't think I could break 6.03.

The trick I'm using is a combination of full throttle turns, handbreak hairpins, 2 light "foot break" turns and 3-6 "bounce" hairpins.... and never EVER drive on the snow, it really "eats your speed". I think using a wheel gives you more control in any driving game. (I couldn't keep the car straight with the dual shock 2.

By accident I crashed in to a hairpin "wall" with the rear right side of the car and it "felt" as if I kept quite much speed through the crash which lets the car accellerate faster to the next turn.

It really is what I would call "cheating" but I really think that some, if not all of the top drivers are using this "trick".

You have a couple of hors left on this stage. I hope you'll cut some seconds off your times folks!

Also, the car does not seem to take damage if you crash with the rear side, so "bouncing" should be pretty safe.
Tue 22/01/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
El Mariachi, welcome, how on earth did you get that time with auto gears, can you let us know the three stage times, that might shed some light ???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.