GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driving Lesson"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 14:18
Regular
My first in about an hour

I'ma bit nervous
Fri 01/08/03 at 02:24
Yeah, BSM do 2 hour (120min) ones. In fact, I have a 150 minute one next Wednesday as my instructor had to finish early for some reason. Better go to the toilet before, as holding it might prompt a sudden jerk on the gas pedal...
Thu 31/07/03 at 21:39
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Mine were 120mins long, first few were hard, but then I started to enjoy it.
Thu 31/07/03 at 21:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Solskjær wrote:
> Got back to my 90-minute lessons yesterday...

90 Minutes? God, i thought 45 minutes was bad enough. I hated my instructor, i think he is the reason why i hate driving so much.
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Light of the world"
Hmmm...

Nice positive comments *shivers*

My third ever leson is in an hour! I'm enjoying them so far!
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:03
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Solskjær wrote:

> Add that ontop of the fact that he normally grabs the handbrake and
> interferes with my driving anyway, and I think you can see why I don't
> even want to mention my nagging mum!

My mom is just as bad. She grabbed the handbrake as I was trying to park (AFTER I had passed my test.)

She also grips onto the door and the bottom of her seat as I am going around a roundabout (as if that will help if I crash!) All it does is make ME feel nervous. Parents eh- I have to keep reminding her that she passed on her EIGTH attempt!

I AM the world's worst driver- I have no idea how I passed my test first time!
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I had 17th hour of driving yesterday

I've fallen behind so much, its terrible.

I'm pretty bored now
Thu 31/07/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Got back to my 90-minute lessons yesterday...

And, I actually had a very-good lesson, which was only let-down by a few "minor" mistakes.

All 3 of my manouveres were well-done, according to my instructor.
I haven't done a bad one in a while, so, I don't think I need any extra work there.

But, surprisingly, it's my general driving that needs work, with things like braking slightly earlier and harder, and checking my mirror before slowing-down and pulling-away, which are letting me down.

He says that those problems can be resolved quite easily, and that more outside-of-lesson practice will have it sorted.

But, right now, I hate driving with my parents...
Since they decided to get divorced, my dad's been a real miserable so-and-so, and keeps bothering me to try and spend every-last-second with me, before he has to move out, later this year.
Add that ontop of the fact that he normally grabs the handbrake and interferes with my driving anyway, and I think you can see why I don't even want to mention my nagging mum!

So, I'm stuck, really. :(
But I'll have to try and get-through it... (Perhaps I can "drown-him-out" with the radio? :) )

Anyway, my test has finally been booked for 9.37am on Wednesday the 25th September (practically the next available-date) and I eagerly await for the next 8 weeks to pass-by.

I'm confident I CAN pass it, just as long as my head is clear.

But, with such a long wait, the one-thing that's really bothered me is the simple-fact that I could've done all-this sometime last year, instead!!
Wed 23/07/03 at 17:42
Regular
"Twenty quid."
phi11ip wrote:
> You know. I might go for a drive now. Nowhere in particualar. Just
> somewhere.

You tease.

Actually, it's not a bad idea ...
Wed 23/07/03 at 17:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Lil Ginge wrote:
> And at one point my instructor said I was too short to get clutch down
> properly *sobs* thats when i stalled...

Do you need a booster seat or something?

You know. I might go for a drive now. Nowhere in particualar. Just somewhere.
Wed 23/07/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Light of the world"
I have had two thrilling lessons..

I didnt stall on the first one YAY!

But at one point in the second - I kinda managed to go from second to fifth!! - car did not like!!

And at one point my instructor said I was too short to get clutch down properly *sobs* thats when i stalled...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.