GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo: the year it fights back"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/01/02 at 00:12
Regular
Quite frankly I cant see PS2 gaining a lead throughout 2002.
Nor can I see the XBOX swelling to the front.
Nintendo will naturally bounce back with a vengence.

Sadly for Sony this is Nintendo's year and years there after.
Roll on Spring, I can't wait.
Tue 01/01/02 at 00:12
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Quite frankly I cant see PS2 gaining a lead throughout 2002.
Nor can I see the XBOX swelling to the front.
Nintendo will naturally bounce back with a vengence.

Sadly for Sony this is Nintendo's year and years there after.
Roll on Spring, I can't wait.
Tue 01/01/02 at 00:17
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
what a well balanced argument... what else does the crysital ball say?

Sonic
Tue 01/01/02 at 01:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well, Smeagol, I really don't know what you're basing you're "argument" on.

The PlayStation 2 has had a 2 Christmas lead on all the other consoles in the UK and a 1 Christmas lead in all other countries. It also, for a fact, has much more games than both the other two consoles put together and has a greater quantity of quality games also. Couple this with Sony's reputation for quality gaming hardware and software, their pervading public presence, and the inevitable "Metal Gear Solid 2".

May I also remind you of the GameCube fairly muted launch in Japan, a market where it is said that if a console fails there it will fail in all other places?

And what's more, it's not due to be launched in Europe until at least April, but Edge still have their money on September.

All in all, I think Nintendo's in for a pretty poor year, unlike Sony and Microsoft, and possibly a disappointing generation.

Oh and, in future, could you please base your arguments on more fact than faith? Cheers.
Tue 01/01/02 at 01:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well, Smeagol, I really don't know what you're basing you're "argument" on.

The PlayStation 2 has had a 2 Christmas lead on all the other consoles in the UK and a 1 Christmas lead in all other countries. It also, for a fact, has much more games than both the other two consoles put together and has a greater quantity of quality games also. Couple this with Sony's reputation for quality gaming hardware and software, their pervading public presence, and the inevitable "Metal Gear Solid 2".

May I also remind you of the GameCube fairly muted launch in Japan, a market where it is said that if a console fails there it will fail in all other places?

And what's more, it's not due to be launched in Europe until at least April, but Edge still have their money on September.

All in all, I think Nintendo's in for a pretty poor year, unlike Sony and Microsoft, and possibly a disappointing generation.

Oh and, in future, could you please base your arguments on more fact than faith? Cheers.
Tue 01/01/02 at 01:38
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Well, Smeagol, I really don't know what you're basing you're
> "argument" on.

Nintendo being the best.

The PlayStation 2 has had a 2 Christmas lead on all
> the other consoles in the UK and a 1 Christmas lead in all other countries. It
> also, for a fact, has much more games than both the other two consoles put
> together and has a greater quantity of quality games also. Couple this with
> Sony's reputation for quality gaming hardware and software, their pervading
> public presence, and the inevitable "Metal Gear Solid 2".

4th best game of last year... hmmmm. PS2 yep 2 christmas thought we let them have them before we crush the small black hunk of junk.

May I
> also remind you of the GameCube fairly muted launch in Japan, a market where it
> is said that if a console fails there it will fail in all other places?

PArt from in America where it stormed. and In japan it did ok.

And
> what's more, it's not due to be launched in Europe until at least April, but
> Edge still have their money on September.

Official: April or May official announcement this month.

All in all, I think Nintendo's in
> for a pretty poor year, unlike Sony and Microsoft, and possibly a disappointing
> generation.

Better than last same system, more Nintendo games tonnes more 3rd party including thos that made Sony huge like Tekken and lol Resident Evil.

Oh and, in future, could you please base your arguments on more
> fact than faith? Cheers.

He will be re-telling a story we have been telling for months the GC looks dong.
Tue 01/01/02 at 01:43
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
For the love of GOD!

Turbo has just resaid everything I said in my future of ninty topic, and Dringo has just re said everything he said in reply to my topic, and in his future of ninty topic!

Just scroll down the posts and look at them!

Sonic
Tue 01/01/02 at 01:54
Regular
No sonic let this continue you see i know a hell of a lot about Nintendo, you know a bit and TBN knows nothing so TBN is easier.

Just keep thinking Capcom made a N64 Mickey Mouse game and you'll be fine :D
Tue 01/01/02 at 02:07
Regular
Again, i ask myself why we do this.

Again i come up with no answer.

Must be fun :D

In 2002, could the general public percieve the PS2 to be an "old" technology? People want the latest up-to-date ting.

People in this category will be going for x-box no?

What will people be going for next christmas?

Surly if Nintendo delay the Gamecube till Autumn then they will have a huge deman close to the christmas period. Delay could be good.
Tue 01/01/02 at 03:04
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
"Turbo has just resaid everything I said in my future of ninty topic, and Dringo has just re said everything he said in reply to my topic, and in his future of ninty topic!"

Except I didn't read your topic...

This GC is SCHEDULED for April/May, but we know what Nintendo are like with "keeping" their deadlines. If it misses the May target it would almost certainly be put back to December.

Dringo, really, sometimes I wonder how you can be so blind.
Tue 01/01/02 at 13:13
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Turbonutter wrote:

The PlayStation 2 has had a 2 Christmas lead on all
> the other consoles in the UK

2 Christmas lead hmmm? If your talking about Gamecube it'll be 2 christmas indeed for PS2 but only slightly over one year.

> also, for a fact, has much more games than both the other two consoles put
> together and has a greater quantity of quality games also.
> Sony's reputation for quality gaming hardware and software,

Gaming HARDWARE??? Geez, baseless if you call just TWO Consoles to their name that was any success. Remember Nintendo Beats Sony hands down in that front with FOUR successful consoles. Nintendo therefore have a better reputation havent they?
Plus did the Mammoth lead '2 Years' by the Mega Drive have any effect for the Super Nes??? Just because the Gamecube was and will be late on arrival, dont count it out! In fact Just watch!
Remember the Super Nintendo was in a healthy position much like the PS2 then the PS came along.

their pervading
> public presence, and the inevitable "Metal Gear Solid 2".

And the brilliantly successful Resident Evils for Gamecube!!!

May I
> also remind you of the GameCube fairly muted launch in Japan, a market where it
> is said that if a console fails there it will fail in all other places?

Erm.... But the Playstation didn't get a Fantastic start either when it launched in Japan. Did it Fail????

And
> what's more, it's not due to be launched in Europe until at least April, but
> Edge still have their money on September.

Well considering EDGE stated years back that the 3DO will be groundbreaking and rule all, I'll say no more!

All in all, I think Nintendo's in
> for a pretty poor year, unlike Sony and Microsoft, and possibly a disappointing
> generation.

They will be in a better position than what they have been in before, with that and their '32 In-house and second party titles for the year'(www.planetgamecube.com)
again i'll say no more. Its the best position they've ever been in. Better than what Sony can manage on their own.

Oh and, in future, could you please base your arguments on more
> fact than faith? Cheers.

Just done. Cheers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.