GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Gaming Chat - the latest and greatest (and the rest)..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/11 at 10:42
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to Freeola's Daily Gaming Chat!
Post your Gaming gossip and comments here...

Overheard

...Super Mario Land 3D reviews have scored higher (from IGN and EuroGamer at least) than both MW3 and BF3.

*Remember...*
You can Win Free Games here on Freeola just by chatting, reviewing or adding game cheats and walkthroughs!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Page:
Sat 04/02/12 at 19:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Tried to trade in Arkham City yesterday and wasn't able to because both GAME and Gamestation have refused to order Metal Gear HD unless it's pre-ordered :@
Sat 04/02/12 at 20:43
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nin wrote:
Tried to trade in Arkham City yesterday and wasn't able to because both GAME and Gamestation have refused to order Metal Gear HD unless it's pre-ordered :@

CEX will currently give you £16 cash for PS3 BAC and Metal Gear HD is £27.91 @ Amazon if this helps mate. Surprised GAME groups high st. stores are not carrying Metal Gear HD, thought they would have had at least a couple of copies per store. I sold my 360 version of BAC (one with the limited lenticular sleeve) for £14 on another forum earlier today, £1 of that will go on postage so the CEX cash price is actually quite good (providing you have a local store of course).

Forgot to mention that Amazon are giving an extra £5 gift voucher credit if you trade in 2 qualifying items this weekend. PS3 BAC is worth £13.05 so if you had another item you wanted to trade in then that might be an option? When the voucher credit arrived you could obviously use it to buy Metal Gear HD. Postage is pre-paid by them so there is no additional outlay to trade items in this way.
Tue 14/02/12 at 09:32
Regular
This is a list of the Greatest Endings in Video Game History in the Guinness Book of World Records after a recent fan vote. Source.

Show Spoiler

10. Heavy Rain
9. Final Fantasy VII
8. Metal Gear Solid 4
7. Portal
6. Red Dead Redemption
5. God of War
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Halo: Reach
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops

I can't say I agree with #1. I finished that game and genuinely can't remember the ending whatsoever.

Absolutely agree with RDR and MGS4 being in that list though. Thoroughly enjoyed the endings of those 2 games and they'd certainly go in my top 10.

Anyone care to share their thoughts or personal top 10 endings?
Tue 14/02/12 at 10:20
Regular
I think its bad that they call it a definitive list, as if it can't be disputed, but it's not a bad list at all. FF9 is my favourite FF ending, because of how they linked the beginning to the end and that I was surprised, maybe stupidly, of the twist. I thought 7 was weak, watching grass grow is not a good ending :P
Tue 14/02/12 at 11:08
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nothing really springs to mind but I thought that Medal Of Honor had the worst ending of any game in recent memory. It was like the programmers thought, 's*** this isn't going to be ready before the new Call Of Duty, just send it out as it is'.
Tue 14/02/12 at 12:40
Regular
"How Ironic"
1.Black Ops.
4.Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
List becomes invalid.
Tue 14/02/12 at 13:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
1.Black Ops.
4.Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
List becomes invalid.

I'd partly agree with SC, #4 not a bad ending but #1 totally wrong..so memorable that I can't even remember it! Can't say anything about the rest, games I haven't played ... but I did think Bioshock was a surprising ending :¬)
Tue 14/02/12 at 13:38
Regular
"How Ironic"
Gears of War finishes above Call of Duty in terms of story. Any day of the week.
Tue 14/02/12 at 16:11
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Most of that list is an entire nonsense made by people just throwing out the names of their favourite games. Personally I loved Shadow of the Collossus and the confirmation of what you suspected all along, that you're working for the bad guy. Also Resident Evil 3 with the destruction of Racoon City, I was sad to see it go because Resident Evil hasn't been the same in other locations. Snake Eater, Red Dead Redemption and various Heavy Rain endings
Tue 14/02/12 at 17:08
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sonic Chris wrote:
Gears of War finishes above Call of Duty in terms of story. Any day of the week.

I would agree with that, but that final General boss, grrrrrrrrr........

Gears 3 had a pretty decent campaign, wasn't far off the first game IMO. The original Gears is the only single player game that I have ever played through twice, pointless fact I know but thought I would chuck it in. Thought it was one the better single player campaigns in recent memory.

COD Black Ops did have a fun campaign as I recall, loved the chopper bit near the end. Can't remember exactly what happened at the very end of it though so it couldn't have been all that great.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.