GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Gaming Chat - the latest and greatest (and the rest)..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/11 at 10:42
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to Freeola's Daily Gaming Chat!
Post your Gaming gossip and comments here...

Overheard

...Super Mario Land 3D reviews have scored higher (from IGN and EuroGamer at least) than both MW3 and BF3.

*Remember...*
You can Win Free Games here on Freeola just by chatting, reviewing or adding game cheats and walkthroughs!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Page:
Tue 23/08/16 at 23:53
Regular
"Braaains"
So how many GADs would I have to win to get a brand new Mega CD with 7 games?

EDIT: Scratch that.. there's a 14 inch Sony TV.. with remote control! Man, decisions decisions.
Tue 23/08/16 at 22:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
chasfh wrote:
Yes, it involves a lighthouse, a girl, a never-ending loop of self-sacrifice and facing your personal demons...

... in Wolfenstein:The New Order and The Old Blood ... lagging behind somewhat chas;¬)
Tue 23/08/16 at 11:08
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
dav2612 wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]However, I am horrified and dismayed that you have had Bioshock games and not played them!

There surely has to be some sort of punishment for that.[/i]

Yes, it involves a lighthouse, a girl, a never-ending loop of self-sacrifice and facing your personal demons...
Tue 23/08/16 at 10:48
"possibly impossible"
chasfh wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]Suppose I should really play through all the originals! :) Had them on PC for a while and got through most of the first game, but they're still in the to-do list.

If you want to be a "purist", you should really play System Shock and System Shock 2 first, as that's where the series has it's roots. However, I am horrified and dismayed that you have had Bioshock games and not played them![/i]

Played the System Shock games back in the day, pretty sure I had them when I had a 386!
Tue 23/08/16 at 10:27
Regular
"And in last place.."
chasfh wrote:
However, I am horrified and dismayed that you have had Bioshock games and not played them!

There surely has to be some sort of punishment for that.
Tue 23/08/16 at 10:11
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pb wrote:
Suppose I should really play through all the originals! :) Had them on PC for a while and got through most of the first game, but they're still in the to-do list.

If you want to be a "purist", you should really play System Shock and System Shock 2 first, as that's where the series has it's roots. However, I am horrified and dismayed that you have had Bioshock games and not played them!
Tue 23/08/16 at 10:04
"possibly impossible"
chasfh wrote:
dav2612 wrote:
[i]chasfh wrote:
[i]Rumours are it's back to Rapture pre-catastrophe.

Sold!

And even more interested In Burial at Sea now.[/i]

Whether the new game actually materialises or not is another matter, but some teaser posters and images were released a considerable time ago, with 2K stating categorically that they were looking to extend the Bioshock series.

Here's hoping![/i]

Suppose I should really play through all the originals! :) Had them on PC for a while and got through most of the first game, but they're still in the to-do list.
Tue 23/08/16 at 09:32
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
dav2612 wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]Rumours are it's back to Rapture pre-catastrophe.

Sold!

And even more interested In Burial at Sea now.[/i]

Whether the new game actually materialises or not is another matter, but some teaser posters and images were released a considerable time ago, with 2K stating categorically that they were looking to extend the Bioshock series.

Here's hoping!
Mon 22/08/16 at 14:47
Regular
"And in last place.."
chasfh wrote:
Rumours are it's back to Rapture pre-catastrophe.

Sold!

And even more interested In Burial at Sea now.
Mon 22/08/16 at 13:56
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
dav2612 wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]Bioshock, all three are awesome. Particularly enjoyed Infinite, and still do. Apart from the Total war games, Bioshock and Wolfenstein are the games I re-play the most, both series being exemplary in their genre.

Apparently there's a new Bioshock coming too...

Rapture is still one of my favourite settings in gaming. I played through Bioshock again this year but it has been a while since I played the 2nd. As for Infinite, I've never actually got round to revisiting it after I completed it when it was released so it will probably feel quit fresh to my aging memory and I've not played the Infinite DLC either.

A new game to the series would be interesting but what on earth do they do for a unique location this time?[/i]

Rumours are it's back to Rapture pre-catastrophe. It would be awesome, it really would. Particularly as you already have a flavour of this with the Burial at Sea DLC for Infinite (which is, without reservation, my all-time favourite DLC for ANY game ever!). Rapture looks stunning in this, re-built with proper 3D assets and fully DX11 configured, it's a real revelation and an example of how far things have come in the space of just 5 years.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.