GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Gaming Chat - the latest and greatest (and the rest)..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/11 at 10:42
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to Freeola's Daily Gaming Chat!
Post your Gaming gossip and comments here...

Overheard

...Super Mario Land 3D reviews have scored higher (from IGN and EuroGamer at least) than both MW3 and BF3.

*Remember...*
You can Win Free Games here on Freeola just by chatting, reviewing or adding game cheats and walkthroughs!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Page:
Wed 27/07/16 at 21:47
"possibly impossible"
Also got The Bureau: Xcom
Wed 27/07/16 at 21:42
"possibly impossible"
chasfh wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]So have some spare PC games if anyone wants them.

Dirt Rally, Civilization V, Battleborn.Spelunky.

Anyone?

Dirt Rally please, if nobody else wants a crack?[/i]

Most of them have gone now. One of the dirt rally codes didn't work, but you can try the other. Just give me somewhere to send it.
Wed 27/07/16 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pb wrote:
So have some spare PC games if anyone wants them.

Anyone?

Dirt Rally please, if nobody else wants a crack?
Tue 26/07/16 at 13:47
"possibly impossible"
So have some spare PC games if anyone wants them.

Anyone?
Mon 25/07/16 at 11:16
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
They probably weren't too dissimilar until recently. All the years I lived at home and he never took any interest in any of the games I had but he retired and out of the blue bought himself a PS2.

My dad retired and bought a new lawnmower. Since then, he's added a water butt, several rakes and hoes, and the "Shed of the Gods" (it's huge, I mean ridiculously so; I need a walkthrough guide to find my way around it!). No consoles. No games. Nothing new on his PC.

Although, we did change him up for a 2Gb graphics card recently, not really sure why...
Mon 25/07/16 at 09:45
Regular
"And in last place.."
chasfh wrote:
You should have a dad like mine, he thinks gaming on a PC is pointless; computers are for emails, doing your banking and turning VHS tapes into DVD's, nothing else...

Still reckon I'll catch him playing the Sims one day though!

They probably weren't too dissimilar until recently. All the years I lived at home and he never took any interest in any of the games I had but he retired and out of the blue bought himself a PS2.

Earlier this year he was moaning that the cable on the PS3 controller is too short and looked stunned when I told him he only needed to plug it in when the battery needed charged.

He won't attempt any game without a walkthrough. This man would look for a walkthrough for Tetris. But of course he has no idea how to use the PC so my mum has to get him the walkthrough and print it for him.

When he first started playing the original Tomb Raider he was really pleased when he showed me his map of the maze in the grounds of Lara's mansion. I said it was very impressive before showing him how to actually start the game.
Fri 22/07/16 at 15:20
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
dav2612 wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]Maybe he's "stealthing" it in true Corvo style... A sneaky purchase when you aren't looking, perhaps?

Surely any Dishonored fan is aware of the imminent release of No. 2, you won't get away with it that easily!

He isn't much of a gamer so he will be oblivious unless I tell him. And then he would need to invest in a new console which won't happen. I think I'm safe.[/i]

You should have a dad like mine, he thinks gaming on a PC is pointless; computers are for emails, doing your banking and turning VHS tapes into DVD's, nothing else...

Still reckon I'll catch him playing the Sims one day though!
Fri 22/07/16 at 13:21
Regular
"And in last place.."
chasfh wrote:
Maybe he's "stealthing" it in true Corvo style... A sneaky purchase when you aren't looking, perhaps?

Surely any Dishonored fan is aware of the imminent release of No. 2, you won't get away with it that easily!

He isn't much of a gamer so he will be oblivious unless I tell him. And then he would need to invest in a new console which won't happen. I think I'm safe.
Fri 22/07/16 at 12:25
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
dav2612 wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]Boy, you must be looking forward to the release of Dishonored 2 then...
A whole new story will probably follow!

Thankfully he is unaware of the sequel and strangely enough I keep forgetting to tell him.[/i]

Maybe he's "stealthing" it in true Corvo style... A sneaky purchase when you aren't looking, perhaps?

Fri 22/07/16 at 08:52
Regular
"And in last place.."
chasfh wrote:
Boy, you must be looking forward to the release of Dishonored 2 then...
A whole new story will probably follow!

Thankfully he is unaware of the sequel and strangely enough I keep forgetting to tell him.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.