GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just buy a Dreamast and a Dvd player"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/09/00 at 18:44
Regular
Dreamcast £149.99 and Dvd 164.99 which for all of you Playstation fans £314.98 all togther. Dreamcast is better and with Bleemcast you can play Pc and Dreamcast games so just get them. Whose with me?
Tue 19/09/00 at 18:07
Regular
I think I will get a Dreamcast AND Gamecube, as I am drawn to both consoles and their games. Not PS2, though, although there are some great games coming out for it, not enough to draw me to it at the mo. And I want to see general opinion of it too.
The gamecube looks great, I really hope there will be some great games coming out, and just from the "demos" I really think there will be.
Plenty of time yet though.
Mon 18/09/00 at 21:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Okay, you have some good points there. I agree, I haven't played much of the DC, of what I have, it seems pretty good. I only prefer the PS2 as I have a PSX and I love it and I think it's great, so I'm hoping the PS2 will be as good. I also want a PS2 as MGS2 is coming out on that console (I don't think it's coming out on any others) and I cannot miss out on that game. Tigerblade, about the money thing, I'm waiting a year or so after the PS2 comes out as it's is supposedly gonna go down to around £150, and then buy it. HOPEFULLY I'LL HAVE THE MONEY FOR A DC THEN ASWELL!!! I'm not sure, I would like a DC, and if I have £300-£400 after christmas then I would have enough to get both after a year or so. I just thought of that, if I save up enough, and then get a load of cash for Christmas, I'll get both!!! YAY!!!! Hopefully, that'll work. Sorry if I've gone on a bit there.

So, to sum up, I will definatly be getting a PS2 after a year and hopefully a DC at some point, or maybe a GameCube. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THE GAMECUBE?????
Mon 18/09/00 at 19:38
So ant what is your reply to this. We havent heard from you in a while.
Sun 17/09/00 at 15:46
hehehe.
Everybody should calm down.
Everybody has their right to their own opinion.
BUT Ant, how come you havent played a DC or PS2 yet you seem to prefer the PS2?? Go and play Code:Veronica, Virtua Tennis and Metropolis Street Racer and come back to me on that one, I guarantee that if you are NOT biased, youll come back thinking a lot differently...
And if what you say is true, tha u would buy all three consoles if you had the cash then you would buy a DC now and wait and spend your other £150 that ud save from buying a PS2 on a Gamecube....
Sun 17/09/00 at 08:43
Well how are you going to play other people over the internet , on games, without a modem. It wasn't so long ago that Sony were bragging about their internet comaptible computer.
Sat 16/09/00 at 17:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
Parr, you are being biased. So it's not me who is blind. I DON'T NEED A MODEM, AS I ALREADY HAVE ONE ON MY PC!!!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M BUYING THE PS2 FOR THE GAMES AND I MIGHT USE THE DVD!!!! And don't say I'm blind because I'll just ignore it.
Sat 16/09/00 at 12:08
Regular
For some reason I am affended by you calling PS2 fans blind, even though I am a Nintendo fan...
Where does the modem go? I know Dreamcasts is built in, and Gamecube has that port underneath, but how does the PS2 one attach? (Don't tell me it has to be attached as an external product, as I will laugh. A lot.)
Sat 16/09/00 at 09:31
Don't you have to buy a modem for the ps2? Cos thats just another con that you ps2 fans a gonna buy isnt it.
BLIND BLIND BLIND BLIND BLIND BLIND BLIND BLIND BLIND
Sat 16/09/00 at 00:39
Reading this lot is quite depressing, what every1 has got to realise that at the moment you have a limited number of choices :-

You want the best hardware -
buy a pc, more advanced than any console and always will be.

You want the best software -
the console choice is dreamcast by a mile.

The range and quality of pc games is unrivalled by any console but sometimes a hassle to play (crashes/patches/ compatibity etc.).

This is based on whats available NOW not 6/12/18 months in the future. I've no doubt the ps2 is a quality machine that will do well, but why wait months and months for a decent selection of software to play on it when the DC has it here now?
Fri 15/09/00 at 19:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Somehow, I don't think this is likely.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.