GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just buy a Dreamast and a Dvd player"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/09/00 at 18:44
Regular
Dreamcast £149.99 and Dvd 164.99 which for all of you Playstation fans £314.98 all togther. Dreamcast is better and with Bleemcast you can play Pc and Dreamcast games so just get them. Whose with me?
Mon 25/09/00 at 12:00
Well, they might ask them not to, and they might offer them a lucrative deal, but I'm sure they can't stop them.

I seem to recall Sony originally signed a 4 or 5 year deal with Eidos so that the Tomb Raider series wouldn't appear on another console platform. Obviously that deal has lapsed, because a TR game has appeared on Dreamcast.

Remember, though, that Square were originally very close to Nintendo, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them develop for their new machine.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Sony have a deal with Square that says they *can't* develop for another machine; I think Square chose not to because of the limitations imposed by the N64's cartridge format (i.e. a huge game requires lots of ROM space, and consequently would result in an exclusively high-priced cartridge).

While I can understand why such exclusive deals are sought, I don't necessarily agree with them; games should appear on all platforms that can handle them.
Mon 25/09/00 at 10:49
I cannot believe that Sony would let Square develop for gamecube, Sony have taken pride on getting Square to produce quality games for their system and their system alone. It took 2 years for Sony to strike a deal with Sqaure to produce games exclusively, and I dont think that Sony would give that deal up easily, would they?
Mon 25/09/00 at 09:24
>remember that the final fantisy series started on the nes then went to the snes..... but i don't see square coming "home" do I?

Again, if you read the news on the main Freeola site, you'll see that Square may well be developing for the Cube - so yes, you probably will!

And I say: why not? If a company has a good game, they should release it on as many platforms (that can support it) as possible, IMHO.

At the end of the day, ALL of these companies - Sony, Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft, and all of the software developers - are in this game to make money.
Mon 25/09/00 at 01:43
>But remember
> where the excellent Resident Evil series started out: >PlayStation.
>
> Can you really see the series not 'coming home'? I >expect to see
> a PS2 version of RE:CV on PS2 within a year.
>
> All RE fans sing together now...
>
> "Evil's coming home,
> It's coming home,
> It's coming home,
> It's cooooming..."

remember that the final fantisy series started on the nes then went to the snes.....
but i don't see square coming "home" do I?
Sun 24/09/00 at 22:46
The LCD screen you speak of is actually an optional extra.
Sun 24/09/00 at 18:56
There are alot of good games on PS2 such as Tekken Tag, and MGS 2. If any1 out there likes tekken, come to my forum. I'm just makin it now.
Sun 24/09/00 at 18:51
PS2 does look much better than a dreamcast, but there are alot of qualitie titles for the Dreamcast. Do you know they've also brought out a PS1. Its supposed to have a T.V. where you open the thing to put the disc in. I aint going to buy a PS2 until next year because its £300. Although 99% of PS1 games work on it too.
Sun 24/09/00 at 18:41
You won 2 games already. I have not won yet and i've been writing in cheats for Tony Hawks 2, Pokemon, loads of good quality reveiws and these. I've been trying to win WWF Royal Rumble and Spiderman because my dad just reserved THPS 2 for me and he wont get any others for me until xmas. And i've completd all my other games, even on the Dreamcast, N64, and Gameboy. And now its just getting boring.
Fri 22/09/00 at 19:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
I WON A GAME FOR THE SECOND TIME ON HERE WITH THAT MESSAGE!!! YAY!!! You deserve to win as well. Anyway, I agree about what you've said about all the PS2 games, and I'll hopefully get the mag tomorrow. What's TimeSplitters about then? I haven't heard of that one. I think it's annoying when people have a go at Sony for bringing out too many sequels, because the sequels are even better than the previous games!!! Daily Radar staff had a go at you, eh?? I've had that before, I GOT BANNED FROM THE ROBOT WARS DISCUSSION FOR ARGUING WITH THE BOSS OF THE FORUM! Are Daily Radar anti-PS2 then? I won't read Daily Radar again then. I've got Unreal on PC too, but it's soooo hard!!! My dad's doing well though.
Speak to ya later, Ant.
Fri 22/09/00 at 01:11
>Babylonain, what do you think of MGS2?? I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I would also like to know what you think of other games coming out on PS2

Hello, Ant - and welcome to our world! 13, eh? I remember those days. I'm 29 now. Boo hoo! I had a Commodore 64 when I was your age, and you get the likes of PS, PS2, DC. No fair!

You're right, though - there's not much point in arguing over the games, as it solves nothing. People want what they want, and no amount of argument will change it.

Anyway, what do I think of the games? MGS2 looks absolutely awesome. The screenshots in the mags don't do it any justice at all - if you don't have it already, buy the launch issue of PSM2 magazine, and make sure you get the free cover-mounted video - it's amazing.

Other games - well, I like Tekken, so I'm looking forward to Tekken Tag. GT2000 looks amazing, too - apparently pushing 20 million polygons around, and it's not even optimised yet, so the detail should go up. I have Unreal on the PC, and PS2 Unreal Tournament is looking great. Reports say it's a bit slow and jerky at the moment, but there's still time for them to sort that out. And TimeSplitters is reportedly excellent, though I'm not too sure about graphics from the screens I've seen.

One thing that I don't think many people are aware of: apparently, PS2 screenshots are not a true representation of what's actually on the screen. There was an article about this on (I think) the Daly Radar site a couple of months ago (before one of their staff hurled a torrent of abuse at me in a forum - most anti-PS2, some personal, all extremely unprofessional - and I stopped reading it).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.