GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just buy a Dreamast and a Dvd player"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/09/00 at 18:44
Regular
Dreamcast £149.99 and Dvd 164.99 which for all of you Playstation fans £314.98 all togther. Dreamcast is better and with Bleemcast you can play Pc and Dreamcast games so just get them. Whose with me?
Sat 02/09/00 at 18:44
Dreamcast £149.99 and Dvd 164.99 which for all of you Playstation fans £314.98 all togther. Dreamcast is better and with Bleemcast you can play Pc and Dreamcast games so just get them. Whose with me?
Sat 02/09/00 at 20:04
Totally agree m8. DO U want 2 earn real cash? Type your email adress below
Sat 02/09/00 at 20:06
Is this a joke
Sun 03/09/00 at 12:09
Hey, do it and Ill let u earn real cash, no joke, trust me and Ill explain, cant do it here...
Thu 07/09/00 at 21:09
Yes you could but PS2 IS a 128 bit computer unlike DC. If you are about to argue then you should know that Sega just released info that it is a 32 bit machine with a 128 bit graphics processer. So PS2 is 4 times as powerful. AND if you did buy a DC and a DVD player for £314.98 then the DVD player would be awful quality as the better the make the better the playback quality. So for 164.99 you would get a gold coloured DVD player twice the size of a good one and the quality would be no where near as good as a sony one (349.99 and upwards). And the PS2 DVD is a sony one so you know it is going to be decent quality. So to save effort, time and space just pre-order a PS2 like everyone else and drool over it the day you get it.
PS The person who wrote this, would they please write and tell me why the Dreamcast is better? PS2 is more powerful, quicker, looks better and has a built in DVD player, so please just tell me why DC is better!
Thu 07/09/00 at 21:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
You obviously know what you're talking about, and I completely agree. The only thing I know about the DC being better is that Dead Or Alive 2 looks better on DC than on PS2. (Don't know if that's true though).
Thu 07/09/00 at 21:39
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
> PS The person who wrote this, would they please write and tell me
> why the Dreamcast is better? PS2 is more powerful, quicker, looks
> better and has a built in DVD player.

Hmmm, can't say I agree with you there, the PS2 kinda reminds me of a cheap plastic radiator.

Isn't the games what matter? If that's the case, then the Dreamcast has the PS2 by the short and curlies as far as I'm concerned.

Timesplitters looks fantastic tho'! Waiting for a US machine instead though. PAL? Hah! Region 2? I think not. But the DVD doesn't concern me since I've already got a multi-region player.

Bleeders
Fri 08/09/00 at 18:36
I know people who already have Jap Playstations and they are not very happy with the DVD quality at all. If Sony built all the DVD options of their players into the one machine they would be selling themselves short on their other DVD devices. Who would buy a £299 DVD player from Sony if they could buy a PS2 with all the features for the same price.
Possibly the DVD playback and controls will be improved for the european release, but I don't know. Oh, and it's going to be cheaper in the rest of europe because of tax, Spain and Germany are always good places to buy hardware from.
Sun 10/09/00 at 14:55
Let me just explain.

The DC is fully 128bit. It has an Hitachi 128bit CPU with a NEC VR2 graphics chip. Where the hell did you read that it had a 32bit processor??? The PS2 may be more 'powerful' but where are the games that show this? Don't say MGS2 as that's not out till 2002 and by then we'll have X-box and GameCube to compare it too.

The DVD playback (from what I've read on multiformat and Sony sites) is very poor. It skips, jumps, it has a grainy picture and won't play some titles. It's major downfall is that it's using software to do the decoding - a £150 Matsui player from Dixons uses hardware to decode and so the quality is far superior. Buying a PS2 for DVD playback is a really stupid thing to do. And when you get one you'll no doubt realise this.
Sun 10/09/00 at 19:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
ACTUALLY MGS2 comes out autumn 2001, maybe earlier.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.