GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is the x-box good enough for me to sell my PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/12/01 at 11:02
Regular
what do i do? what do i do?
i need help!
Do i sell my ps2 raising the money for an X-box or not?
When i first got the PS2 i was, obviously, dead against the X-box, but now more info is coming out about the X-box i am beginning to worder whether i made the right decision when buying a PS2.
I am now trying to decide whether i should sell my PS2 which is on its 2nd wave of games, and buy an X-box which will mean i have to go through all the launch process of a console again, waiting for some good game line-ups.
What im asking for is opinions and info from pals who are also thinking of turning to the dark side or fans of the X-box/PS2. Know of any good games for the X-box? Anyone know how much better the x-box is graphically? Then please help! I dont want to make a mistake!
Let me hear from ya!

Mike
Sun 30/12/01 at 00:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
so silk, the xbox is just a games optimised pc?

That is exactly what I want! Great pc features like a hard drive, broadband and the best graphics as well as console convinience and hugely exciting line up of games. Xbox will have the best of both PC and console gameing worlds. All for only £300.

The reasons that people have come up with for not getting the xbox (like bad controllers and large size) are poor. Its the games that matter, and xbox has the best.

It's simple, you must get an xbox.
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:47
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
mickey wrote:
>Well i have decided to keep the
> pS2 and use the money raised at christmas from all me grannies to get an x-box,
> luckily i have me birfday on 28th of Jan aswell.

Yep, that's the right decision - like me.
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:46
PS - check out xbox.com
Sat 29/12/01 at 21:45
Thnks for the help and info people! I never expected this forum to attract so many people, but i think the point is that this is a question many people are asking themselves - PS2, Xbox or Gamecube?

Well i have decided to keep the pS2 and use the money raised at christmas from all me grannies to get an x-box, luckily i have me birfday on 28th of Jan aswell.

For all the other people with the killer question hanging over them, here's some extra info i have found out - you can save tracks from music cds to the harddrive and use them as the soundtrack to the games. COOL!!! It keeps getting better and better! need more reasons? OK - MGSX, GTA3, dead or alive 3, etc, etc, etc!
Mon 24/12/01 at 12:10
"High polygon count"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> However, given the context of this discussion, and
> your own stated preferences, that its posted here does imply a bias? :)

Well... no.

Given that I've recently said I'm now interested in getting an Xbox, I'd call it more 'preference' than 'bias'. There is a difference!
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well said Silk.
Mon 24/12/01 at 11:37
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> It's simply a comment - neither anti-Xbox nor pro-PS2.

lol... fair enough... the comment in, and of itself is non-biased...

However, given the context of this discussion, and your own stated preferences, that its posted here does imply a bias? :)
Mon 24/12/01 at 10:59
Regular
"DS..."
trust me if you buy an Xbox you will regret it for the rest of your life as in my opinion and many others the Xbox is a huge steaming pile of cack, and all it is really is a games optimised PC! (except it can't wordprocess etc.) and a large proportion of the games will be PC ports and will be priced at sky high prices whereas the PC versions will go from £30-£10 in a month or two! In my opinion anyone would be crazy to buy an Xbox, i could come up with many more reasons as well except i really can't be bothered to waste my time talking about a cack console which is nothing compared to the genius that is the gamecube, I rest my case.
slik ~_~
Mon 24/12/01 at 10:50
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
Never sell your PS2 unless of course you will are offered near enough the same price you paid for it, which honestly speaking is highly impossible. I would say, keep your PS2. Games are coming out every week. You have Virtua Fighter, MGS2, Tekken 4, Soul Calibre 2, and lots more, especially exclusives that will be on the shelves pretty soon. I mean…Tekken 4! You will never see this game on any other console. And let's not forget about Final Fantasy X. You certainly won't see this on any other console either. Trust me, stick with your PS2, and if you want an XBOX that badly...wait until you find some cool bargains for it. The PS2 was supposed to be the hardest console to find after the 200,000 units sold before Xmas last year. Now you can get it anywhere and at really cool prices, not to mention great bundles too. So wait for the XBOX. Don't haste into anything you might regret.
Mon 24/12/01 at 01:05
"High polygon count"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> There is one point I have to bring you back to though. Should
> Gothma be better than GT3?

It should if you believe MS and the specs of the machine. In fact, it may not be long before Xbox has a GT3-beater - but personally I think the only GT3-beater will be GT4. :-)

> Oh, and you really should get Edge

I probably will start to get it, most likely around March next year when Gamecube and Xbox are due. It'll help me decide whether to get either or both systems (assuming Nintendo don't slip again...)

I bought some PlayStation, Saturn and all-format mags before deciding to buy a PlayStation, and they guided me to a good decision... so I'll try the same again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.