GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email Problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/11 at 07:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Guys,Been experiencing a problem when trying to receive my emails (since last night).Just get the following message :

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Anyone else getting this?
Mon 04/04/11 at 13:56
"Are you sure?"
Sorry DL ;¬)

I've literally just been asked by one of my 'Freeola clients' (with half a dozen or more domains) if they should consider moving away due to the number of 'major issues' recently.

I've replied saying that Freeola do have a 'plan' to return levels of service to normal but couldn't give any details.

Warhunt said before not to ask any questions(!) but without more information on what's been happening and what's being planned I'm finding myself in an awkward situation...

I would appreciate it if Freeola could publish some type of 'service statement' ASAP.

I've replied saying that I'm sticking with Freeola but I'm not sure that will keep all of my clients happy.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 04/04/11 at 13:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Just to echo the earlier comments of the other Freeola customers...

I nearly posted earlier this morning but didn't want to [i]always
be seen as the first to comment ;¬)[/i]

So you let me 'carry the can' ha ha :¬D

EDIT: All accounts are still functioning successfully :¬)
Mon 04/04/11 at 13:19
"Are you sure?"
Just to echo the earlier comments of the other Freeola customers...

I nearly posted earlier this morning but didn't want to always be seen as the first to comment ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 04/04/11 at 13:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It appears to be an authentication issue for some users this time, not an overall failure.

We have passed the issue on to our wholesalers who are investigating why we are seeing a large volume of customers receiving this error irractically.

Regardless of whether the issue is a technical fault or otuside of Freeola's control, we are always sympathetic towards customers who are having these issues and continue to apologise frequently for the issues we have been experiencing.
Mon 04/04/11 at 12:47
Regular
Utterly sick and tired of these constant interuptions to service! I just want to run my business, sure in the knowledge that emails will arrive in my inbox!

Latest error message:

Task 'mail.freeola.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Temporary problem, please try again later'

Laura
Mon 04/04/11 at 12:39
Regular
This is absolutely ridiculous! It’s one problem after another with Freeola at the moment.

I wouldn't bother with support, last time I phoned I received no apology because it was a hardware failure, and not freeola’s fault. If a mechanical failure stopped my company from carrying out usual service, I would as a matter of courtesy apologise without hesitation.
Mon 04/04/11 at 12:31
Regular
Looks like something is up. Webmail has hung on login. Eventually on third or fourth attempt logged in to immeidately record wrong email or password authentication error.

I'll be giving it ten minutes to resolve and then raising a ticket.
Mon 04/04/11 at 12:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Are we having any email problems at the moment? All working fine earlier but on checking email just now....asked for each addresses login...which was then promptly refused! Error message contains the words 'temporary fault'

EDIT: Just checked again and fault seems to have cleared...all accounts successfully accessed.
Mon 28/03/11 at 19:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Socket Time .... we're off again.....

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: '*********', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

:¬(

EDIT: 19:37

All checked and received OK :¬) But maybe a warning of things to come :¬(
Fri 18/03/11 at 12:11
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Honestly? No, no I don't. But I am growing ever fonder :)

I knew I had mentioned it somewhere before in honesty, and I certainly have to customers on the phone (mainly when adding the / in would cause headaches if you get the drift).

But it has still never been the official or generally advised link (and has many alternatives) so we are not overly concerned with it not functioning. It will be resolved however.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.