GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"COD Black Ops, you opinions!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call of Duty: Black Ops'.
Wed 10/11/10 at 18:03
Regular
"Hells Yeah Im Back"
What do you think about the new Black Ops? Will it be a great game of will it fail?
Sun 21/11/10 at 06:15
Regular
i like it on PS3 but not pc
Mon 15/11/10 at 17:52
Regular
Thought I'd chip in briefly just to say I'm really enjoying Black Ops.

I bought the game mostly for the multiplayer, which is just as good as I expected really. It's mostly very similar from MW2, with killstreaks and perks and the likes, but the method of spending 'points' to unlock and upgrade your different classes to your liking is an improvement.

I'm just as rubbish at Black Ops online as I expected, and probably worse than I was at MW2, but it's still pretty fun. While I haven't played a great deal, I did manage to get 'Attack Dogs' in one of my care packages who wreaked havoc and got me 20 odd kills before getting maimed.

I've also just started playing the single player, which I'm suprisingly really enjoying. I didn't expect it to be terrible or anything, but I normally buy COD games for the multiplayer only. Perhaps it had something to do with the flaming shotgun or crossbow weapons I've already had a chance of using? Good storyline, good graphics and just pretty damn fun to play.

I recommend this game to those who have enjoyed previous CODs, but I highly expect to be completely bored of this game within a couple of weeks.
Sat 13/11/10 at 09:23
Regular
"I like turtles"
I really like Black Ops,think its well worth getting if your a fan of the series.It is pretty similar to the Modern Warfare games but there is a fair few new features in this game that make it worthy of consideration IMO.Personally I like the new system for upgrading your kit for online play.For those who don't know you win money for doing certain things (playing matches,completing challenges,moving up ranks etc.) and with this you buy/upgrade your kit.You can also take out contracts,here you buy a contract for say $100 and this could be to get 10 headshots within a set time (an hours gameplay,something like that).If you get them you get $300 and if not you lose your $100.You can also play in wager matches where you bet your money against your opponents,I think these add a little bit of fun TBH.I also like the maps,there seems to be less camping on this game compared to its predecessors.The radio controlled cars are really annoying but I wouldn't say they ruined the game.Haven't had chance to play any of the single player campaign yet but I believe it's pretty good.I think Black Ops is miles better than Treyarch's previous Call Of Duty games myself,for anyone unsure why not give it a rent first ?.
Sat 13/11/10 at 00:15
Regular
"How Ironic"
Will be waiting for a fall a price firstly, but I think I will be getting this. Had a few negative opinions from some people, but far more positive reviews. Still dubious, as Modern Warfare 2 got fantastic opinions at first, it was only after a few weeks/months that people realised it wasn't brilliant. Black Ops doesn't seem to have taken off aswell as the other Call of Dutys.

I still maintain that CoD 4 is by miles the best Call of Duty, that is until I try out Black Ops, going to take something different to knock CoD 4 off the top spot for me. I've heard Black Ops is very similar to previous titles with a few add-ons, but overall, not a fresh new game.

Look at World at War. It wasn't the best looking or playing game out of the series, but I hold it in higher regard than the graphically superior Modern Warfare 2, due to how different the game was, and how much thought had gone into it. They'll keep racking out Call of Dutys, adding little tweeks, and as far as I'm concerned, that doesn't make me want to buy the game urgently.
Fri 12/11/10 at 20:31
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
My favourite Call of Duty since COD 2. Brilliant, engaging story. Was pleasantly surprised by this one to be honest.
Thu 11/11/10 at 12:39
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Only really tried the Zombie mode fully. It's as awesome as it always was. Nothing new.

The gameplay on single player? I tried the first 3/4 levels, and without noticing it I found I was totally engrossed. Fully. To the point where I was late meeting my mate, and ending up staying round my other mates (McLong) far longer than was probably polite.
Wed 10/11/10 at 22:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I heard there's some bonus mode where you defend the whitehouse from incoming zombie hordes. For me, that's the most interesting thing about the game. But then I'm not a fan of these military shooters. Give me Half-Life any day.
Wed 10/11/10 at 19:47
Regular
I just found it amusing listening to the opinions of those queueing for the game as interviewed by the news team for Radio 1...
Wed 10/11/10 at 18:03
Regular
"Hells Yeah Im Back"
What do you think about the new Black Ops? Will it be a great game of will it fail?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.