GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"COD Black Ops, you opinions!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call of Duty: Black Ops'.
Wed 10/11/10 at 18:03
Regular
"Hells Yeah Im Back"
What do you think about the new Black Ops? Will it be a great game of will it fail?
Mon 22/11/10 at 15:00
Regular
"And in last place.."
Ok, I might have done a little bit better than that. I'd definitely be off some where else, even on Team Deathmatch I end up wandering off on my own.
Mon 22/11/10 at 14:34
Regular
dav2612 wrote:
McLong wrote:
[i]Trust me, you didn't miss out. Me and Warhunt got lumped with 2 randomers (split-screening) who were completely inept. They just ran all over the place aimlessly, died often, failed to revive others and were just generally rubbish, more so than me.

That was generally what I was planning to do although I would stop to revive a colleague and most probably die in the process.
[/i]

Well in the starter map, there are 4 entrances that the zombies attack, so Warhunt and I decided each of us pick an entrance and defend, right? But no, these other 2 choose to follow us wherever we go (using pistols only) and then watch as we suffer horrific deaths :(
Mon 22/11/10 at 13:30
Regular
"And in last place.."
McLong wrote:
Trust me, you didn't miss out. Me and Warhunt got lumped with 2 randomers (split-screening) who were completely inept. They just ran all over the place aimlessly, died often, failed to revive others and were just generally rubbish, more so than me.

That was generally what I was planning to do although I would stop to revive a colleague and most probably die in the process.

I joined the lobby ok, saw someone else join and just when things were about to start...
Mon 22/11/10 at 13:05
"possibly impossible"
Enjoying Black Ops when I get the chance to play it, though Need For Speed has been taking up more of my time.

It's far better than Trayarch's last COD game and mutiplayer so far has been great fun.

Thanks again to Freeola for my copy!
Mon 22/11/10 at 12:49
Regular
dav2612 wrote:
...I had a failed attempt at the Zombie mode, seemed to get punted off the server...

Trust me, you didn't miss out. Me and Warhunt got lumped with 2 randomers (split-screening) who were completely inept. They just ran all over the place aimlessly, died often, failed to revive others and were just generally rubbish, more so than me.
Mon 22/11/10 at 09:49
Regular
"And in last place.."
I made a start on this at the weekend (thanks Freeola). I started off on the multiplayer which feels as good as always but having done so much of it over the last 3 COD games I don't see myself spending quite as much time on it this time round but it will still get a lot of attention. I still suffer from '1 good performance, 3 terrible performances' syndrome.

I had a failed attempt at the Zombie mode, seemed to get punted off the server.

And I started the single player mode last night. It's all OTT and very Hollywood Blockbuster in a sense but it's good fun and after finding Bad Company 2 a little boring, I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed my spell on this last night.
Sun 21/11/10 at 21:56
Regular
"I like turtles"
Xbox 360 version of Medal Of Honor was horrible online,campaign was good fun but extremely short for a £40 game (I completed it in a couple of nights).It is more realistic than recent COD games though,if that's what your after.

I'm still really enjoying Black Ops,but talking to people it does seem to be dividing the COD fans.I think the maps are good,seems to be far less camping than in previous COD games and far less of that running about at 200 MPH,jumping off skyscrapers and knifing crap that really ruined MW2 at times (especially if you played against Chris !!!).Also haven't come across any double shotgun wielding Zebedee idiots either,they wound me up in MW2 as well.The wager match games in CODBO are good fun and Zombie Nazi's are back for those who missed them in the last game.I absolutely HATE those ffffffffff.......... remote control cars though,they are REALLY annoying.Personally I rate it as by far the best COD game Treyarch have produced.Sure reality may have been thrown out of the window but its tonnes of fun so who cares ?.For anyone unsure of which FPS to go for between MOH & CODBO,why not give them a rent first and see which one (if any) is for you ?.
Sun 21/11/10 at 21:06
Regular
"How Ironic"
Despite not playing Black Ops, the fact that I'm dubious about buying it is bad enough for me. I still rate Modern Warfare as the best Call of Duty.

Modern Warfare 2
Too many killstreak rewards destroyed the FPS gameplay. Maps weren't particularly good. Too many game modes to spread players across. Some ludicrous perks.

World at War
Second to Call of Duty 4 in my opinion. Realistic weaponry (ie. not improved just for a game). Maps were enjoyable. Although the dogs were a pain in the behind (they took more bullets to kill than players do!) and the amount of times I've been prompted to buy the extra online maps is unbelievable. Saving grace is Nazi Zombies.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
By miles the best Call of Duty to date. Only 3 killstreaks that took skill to achieve (instead of calling in a giant missle to blow up everyone every single second). Maps were diverse and fun. No shortcuts, you had to be good to do well in this game. High amount of players online at all times. Will always be known as a classic.
Sun 21/11/10 at 17:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
From a non-owner point of view, it seems to have gotten a similar reception to Modern Warfare 2. Alot of my friends are saying "Oh, you've got to get it", but they said that about MW2. It's getting it for the sake of getting it IMO, and I think alot of my friends will feel justified in getting it themselves if other people get it.

I will not be getting it anytime soon.

I have to agree with SC.....unfortunately pre-ordered it and it duly arrived. However I had already really warmed to MOH and felt compelled to continue.
Friends have 'badgered' me to play BOps MP...so today I have....tried. After reaching lv9 in about an hour, I realised that this was in Combat Training mode! There is no 'game type selection' that I can find for MP on the pc, only a list of servers as long as your arm from all over the world. Joining two, at random, I waited for five minutes in pre-match mode and then timed out. Sorry BOps, but no I don't like and I'll carry on with MOH MP.

EDIT:

Finally sorted the 'system' and played. Achieved lv6 and 7500 COD pts within an hour. Was like a kid in a candy store and spent most without really looking! Missed a few good perks, but never mind.

I'll still play MOH because I feel that here I have 'earned' my levels..lv12 at present...not 'bought' them. BOps is too 'gimmacky' compared to MW2 but the maps are excellent as is the 'player visibilty' but I suppose that this fact alone makes MOH more 'realistic' and not 'arcade' :¬)
Sun 21/11/10 at 16:50
Regular
"How Ironic"
From a non-owner point of view, it seems to have gotten a similar reception to Modern Warfare 2. Alot of my friends are saying "Oh, you've got to get it", but they said that about MW2. It's getting it for the sake of getting it IMO, and I think alot of my friends will feel justified in getting it themselves if other people get it.

I will not be getting it anytime soon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.