GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"COD Black Ops, you opinions!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call of Duty: Black Ops'.
Wed 10/11/10 at 18:03
Regular
"Hells Yeah Im Back"
What do you think about the new Black Ops? Will it be a great game of will it fail?
Wed 05/01/11 at 19:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
It is particularly pertinent at this point to mention that PC Gamer, in the January issue, reviewed Black Ops and for all the reasons mentioned within this thread gave it a score of 64%! It was amusing and at times particularly scathing regarding both SP and MP. Interestingly though MOH was given 75% :¬)
Sun 02/01/11 at 18:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Ha ha :¬D Now you know how I feel like :¬)
Sun 02/01/11 at 14:56
Regular
"I like turtles"
After yesterday I can vouch that playing Black Op's with a killer hangover is not to be recommended at all.I think most people I played with wanted to shoot me for real,and those were just the ones on my own team ! :D
Sat 01/01/11 at 13:21
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Totally agree with all you say pete about BOps especially the 'camping' but as in all recent COD games the 'Olympian bunnies' are beginning to flourish. But yes the maps are far more balanced and the 'player' attitudes do seem to be alot more focused on the 'situation' rather than 'look at me, I'm Prestige 210' :¬D The weapons are also better balanced and you don't need to purchase the later unlocks to achieve a better kill ratio, if you see what I mean....the MP5K is just as useful at lv1 as it is at lv41. It's just the 'server' problem that makes the whole affair so frustrating at times and can really spoil what might have just been a good experience :¬(
Sat 01/01/11 at 12:08
Regular
"I like turtles"
Xbox 360 version of Black Ops runs fine and I personally I rate the games multiplayer as the best in the series.Of course it's not massively different to previous games but the main thing that I really like about it are the maps.In previous COD games (particularly MW2) I just got totally fed up of people camping.In Black Ops there seems to be far less of this as the maps appear to have been designed to make this more difficult.Anyone trying to camp is usually picked off within about 30 seconds.I also like the way most of the killstreaks can be averted.Helicopters,chopper gunners can be taken down pretty easily with a lock on launcher while Ghost Pro makes you invisible to spy planes,enemy dogs etc.I also like the way that the second weapon is far less powerful than the primary.Some of the kit in MW2 allowed you to have what was effectively 2 primary weapons.The single player campaign is OK but it's nothing you have seen and played 100 times before.If you are unsure about getting it Chris why not rent it or borrow a copy off one of your mates ?.It does seem to be a game which has divided COD fans,some love it others don't.Personally though I would strongly recommend giving it a try before discounting getting it.Have to say though it does seem bizarre that the PC version seems to be so seriously flawed,no game selection feature is unforgivable IMO.While I have only experienced 1 disconnection all the time I have played it online and no lagging whatsoever (remember how bad that could be on COD 4 ?).In fact I like the game so much that I intend to be a total sucker and buy the rip off map packs for it ! :)
Fri 31/12/10 at 23:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And a very Happy New Year to you Chris .... now that you have the 'trickery' ... just don't go down the BOps route on PC, console versions have 'predictably' better options :¬(
Fri 31/12/10 at 21:16
Regular
"How Ironic"
To be honest, I'm not even going to bother getting Black Ops. Watching the many reviews online, nothing is making me want to buy it, apart from friends saying "You've got to get it, it's amazing", although they said Modern Warfare 2 was the best game ever, so I'm not listening to them.
Fri 31/12/10 at 20:43
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Until the PC version has 'major' changes to its user options and the 'ranked servers'...this is definitely an online game NOT TO BE recommended.

Game selection is non-existent, game servers are 'third-party' and are totally unreliable...imagine the scenario...'any game type and your team are winning big time and just before the end................................'server disconnection'

Options? Go ballistic :¬D

If....this was a perfect world for Treyarch....then I would have finished this game two weeks ago!

So, is it me? .... is it Freeola? .... is it Entanet? ....or is it Treyarch?

I have got to the stage where now I don't care and will happily NOT recommend this PC game to anyone for as long as I live :¬(
Fri 26/11/10 at 18:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Evenin pete,

Thoroughly agree with you about MOH SP.... very short, far too linear and restricted....very repetitive and too many cut-scenes and the quad bike issue plagued the PC version aswell. Have not had the problems you described in MP though. Server match-making is quick and respawning has never greated an instant problem....some maps are 'sniper heavens' though, but this doesn't become a problem. Maps are beginning to become 'well worn' but this happens in all online games. The available weapons are limited as are the attachments, but this does tend to level the playing field somewhat. It is an enjoyable experience after the 'Olympian Bunny Hoppers' of MW2 :¬)

As for BlackOps, I'll continue at some stage, but the fact that I can't select 'my match' does annoy me no end. To this end, I can't see the point of giving you Challenges that include Domination etc etc when you don't know whether you'll ever be lucky to join one!

EDIT: Thought I'd give it another go...ha ha. Servers full, no game choice, ranked servers not responding etc etc. Finally found somewhere in deepest Belgium...Hardcore Free-for-All (Just what you would choose!) Settled in..Hanoi, WMD, somewhere else ... good maps ... now server just died! I don't that I will personally recommend this to anyone PC wise....not until ALL the problems are sorted out :¬((
Fri 26/11/10 at 08:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sonic Chris wrote:
Seems Black Ops is having teething problems :P I've got about 3 games ahead of it on the list of games to get. Don't know wether to bother getting it or not.

360 version is fine Chris,I really like it.I would say get it if you enjoyed the previous games in the series.It's not massively different to it's predecessors but Treyarch have thrown a few new bits & bobs in to make it worthy of consideration.It's worth adding to Santa's list IMO.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.