GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"COD Black Ops, you opinions!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call of Duty: Black Ops'.
Wed 10/11/10 at 18:03
Regular
"Hells Yeah Im Back"
What do you think about the new Black Ops? Will it be a great game of will it fail?
Tue 25/01/11 at 22:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Makes interesting reading pete but on searching there appears to be no intention in any patches to improve the PC version bar glitches in the single-player game. One interesting 'fix' for MP as of last PC patch was (quote) :

"Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots."

Now doesn't that make you happy ha ha.

As for continuing..no way. Took me almost as long to gain the last 3000 pts required for Prestige as it did to secure all 50 levels!
Tue 25/01/11 at 22:09
Regular
"I like turtles"
This patch has just been released for PS3 owners but the article clearly mentions the 'unplayable PC and Playstation 3' versions of Black Ops, yet it looks as though Treyarch have only released a fix for the PS3 version?
Thu 20/01/11 at 22:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi pete, seems to me that most of the recent FPS games have been specifically developed for the 'console fat cow'....most 'map packs' and DLC have been console first and PC second. This is no different with BOPs...the trailer mentions 'console' but not PC.

The only saving grace from the PC version, as it happens, is with the inability to select a specific game type....why? ... well these 'leased servers' are 'owner-friendly', in other words if you don't like 'camping or sniping' the server 'bans' you/kicks you off. I have come across a couple in my travels that have 'no running' which isn't very easy to play and lasts for 'hours' but the concept could be extended if you could create the code to 'identify' sniping/camping! I'm sure it would be possible ie using Structured English:

if 'character static for 10 seconds'
then 'kick from server'
else 'continue game'

As for PC FPS exclusive development then I fear that it is going to drop more and more and I would suggest that the 'old chestnut' would be the reason ie the console is a static and unchangeable entity and the PC environment is so changeable! A very shallow and unbelieveable excuse to make more money via the gullible console owners - look and compare game prices...there is no reason why there is such a wide gulf between the two mediums.
Thu 20/01/11 at 20:30
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi DL,Have to say that I completely agree with all of the points that you raised.It was the ridiculous amount of camping that ruined MW2 for me.The fact that it was considerably more difficult to do in Black Op's has meant that it hasn't been anything like as much of an issue.Treyarch obviously don't agree and it looks like they to want to give us a map designed especially for it ?,vote to skip here we come ! As for the sloppy 3rd rate PC version of Black Ops,I don't know what the hell that is all about ? Do Activision want to see an end to PC gaming due to piracy issues?,if that is the case then why bother releasing it at all ?
Thu 20/01/11 at 19:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Have to agree pete the maps look ace and very playable, a nice diversion from what's on offer now....however, and I will digress, no mention of PC and it's non-existant 'game selection'.

I will say that I'm not happy with the developers acceptance of 'more sniping opportunities request from the community' though.....total waste of game play ie cowards :¬) (And I mean from developers and players)

For me, the best games in BOps and MOH are those with minimal or no snipers...to me it's a total waste of gaming time because what does it gain? OK, I can stay in one place with my 'hiding perks' and shoot a few, move, and repeat..end of game..game winner, tons of points but so what...where is the satisfaction. You know what I mean :¬; Console first as usual...what is the game developed on...go on remind me!
Thu 20/01/11 at 19:12
Regular
"I like turtles"
First look here of the forthcoming 'first strike' multiplayer maps for Black Ops.I reckon they look really good TBH,especially the one with the zip wire across it.Not so keen on the idea of the map which has been designed to promote sniping though.
Mon 17/01/11 at 21:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Always a 'sucker' but gave BOPs one last chance.....server issues are now worse!

Out of 8 games....servers across the known world...one game I left, not my idea of a game....the remaining 7, 3 had severe lag problems and I mean severe and the last 4 disconnected after the game but at the league table stage and so all game info lost...total waste of time and enjoyment....never again.

If this isn't Treyarch's problem then it's down to the people who lease or rent the servers. Geographically, I have travelled the world trying to play this game and I'm not impressed with this as a way forward. This is probably why the problem exists:

BOps Server deals

I'm going to return to MW2, even though I disagree with its Prestige system, at least I know I can start where I left off and select the type of game I prefer :¬)

Total waste of money for the PC version - which is a laugh in itself seeing as it was developed on the PC and then ported to console and then back again. Want to make loads of dosh, then follow the Activision way....you know it makes sense! Makes my blood boil!

:¬(
Sun 09/01/11 at 23:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Evenin pete...

Well, very interesting and having watched, I can agree :¬) Even Mrs DL has told me to buy a 360, true! Gone back to MOH now....
Sun 09/01/11 at 22:53
Regular
"I like turtles"
Evening DL,

Just been watching this which although it has 158 likes to 1,195 dislikes (presume from PC fanboys ?) seems to mirror what you have been saying about the multiplayer on the PC version of Black Ops.My brother who is a hardcore PC gamer and huge fan of the COD series since it's inception has recently jumped ship and got the 360 version.
Sun 09/01/11 at 15:06
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Continuing the 'BOps' PC saga, it is interesting to note that I played MW2 for 374.4 hours and finished after Prestige 1. I've played BOps for 55.9 hours and achieved Lv50 or if you like the start of Prestige 1. Enough said, I think :¬D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.