GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"COD Black Ops, you opinions!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call of Duty: Black Ops'.
Wed 10/11/10 at 18:03
Regular
"Hells Yeah Im Back"
What do you think about the new Black Ops? Will it be a great game of will it fail?
Thu 25/11/10 at 22:44
Regular
"How Ironic"
Seems Black Ops is having teething problems :P I've got about 3 games ahead of it on the list of games to get. Don't know wether to bother getting it or not.
Thu 25/11/10 at 22:31
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi DL,

That seems absolutely ridiculous,why would Treyarch leave such a vital option out of the PC version ?.Maybe they felt sorry for us poor 360 owners for having such a rubbish version of MOH so decided to give us an extra menu !.Seriously,the 360 version of MOH was abysmal online,the spawning system seemed to chuck you in the game about 2 inches from the barrel of a very unfriendly M16.Quite often you would respawn right infront of the very same person who had just killed you !.All I experienced when playing it online was spawn,die,spawn,die,spawn,die in very rapid succession.Loads of people were complaining about it and at the end of a match usually half the people had left.The single player was good fun but very short,I completed it in 2 nights and I am not very good at games.The AI was horrendous as well,if you got alongside an enemy,quite often they would seem oblivious to the fact you were there and you just simply stabbed them.Another bit of the game which was ridiculous was the quad bike section,the guy I was following kept getting stuck so I had to keep ramming into his bike to get him going again,also had to reload checkpoints a few times when the game went belly up.Not withstanding all that,I did enjoy the single player campaign but I'm so glad I rented it as I'd have been gutted if I'd have shelled out £40 to buy it.Black Ops on the other hand,plays very well indeed on the 360 and is a far superior game IMO (on that system).Perhaps the wise choice would be to get MOH on PC and Black Ops on 360 ?.
Thu 25/11/10 at 17:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Evenin pete,

Having spent most of the day at work ( not very busy at present) searching for an answer to the 'missing' game type options on the PC version, we have come to the conclusion that the 'Core' option....as on 360...is missing from the PC mutiplayer menu. It does seem strange that you could select a game type from the beginning in MW2 and can in MOH, but not in Black Ops PC version. We also can't believe that it is an option that unlocks. If so, there is no information about when :¬(

EDIT: This seems to be true...what you see is what you get! No selection of game type on PC, thrown in whatever/where ever. Seems to make a mockery of the whole 'multiplayer/online' thing. You build a game on the PC, port it to the consoles, then port it back in bits to the PC. Why? Possibly because there is more money to be made from the console players than the PC players! Definitely a wrong move on Treyarch's part....and as such the 'game' has gone down in my estimation :¬(

@McLong

Think the same could be said of PC players.....short-changed!
Thu 25/11/10 at 12:05
Regular
"I like turtles"
I've had no problems with the Xbox 360 version,only had one disconnection the entire time I have played on it and no lagging whatsoever.Match finding could be a bit quicker at times but other than that the game seems to work fine online.
Thu 25/11/10 at 10:28
Regular
dav2612 wrote:
It looks like PS3 owners aren't too happy with Black Ops

Unhappy

I've not played the 360 version but the PS3 version seems fine to me and I've only had the one disconnection type of issue online, I had more issues with Modern Warfare 1.

Likewise. I've had fewer problems with Black Ops than I expected, and fewer problems than I had with either of the MW games.
Thu 25/11/10 at 09:35
Regular
"And in last place.."
It looks like PS3 owners aren't too happy with Black Ops

Unhappy

I've not played the 360 version but the PS3 version seems fine to me and I've only had the one disconnection type of issue online, I had more issues with Modern Warfare 1.
Wed 24/11/10 at 22:37
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
Dragonlance wrote:
[i]The only options I seem to have are Server Browser, Ranked Match, Wager Match etc....no option to select a particular game type. I have achieved lv 10 in 2 hours play...do I need to level up more before the options are available?

Yes DL,you can only play in certain modes to begin with then more become available as you progress through the ranks.You can select game type (Team Deathmatch,Free For All,Capture The Flag etc.) on 360 version,presume PC version would be the same ?.I'm about level 29 and pretty much all of them are now available.Is PC version of MOH good online then ?,360 version was useless (campaign was good though).I really like Black Ops myself,think its a great game.[/i]

Hi pete, that must be the case in the PC version then...no options as yet to select a particular game type...which is very disappointing. Selecting Server Browser gives thousands of servers all over the World; Ranked Match connects you at random with any game type whether you want it or not...you are stuck! Have just been 'dumped' into two Hardcore matches, which were good but not what I wanted at random. There is also no information that these options may become available as you progress...again, pretty poor.

MOH on the PC is excellent, some of the games are extremely engrossing and can last for up to 20 mins, which may not be to everyone's taste, but at least you get to feel that you achieved something. Al lv13 now, but levels finish at 15, so no quite sure what I'll devote my time to next :¬)
Wed 24/11/10 at 22:23
Regular
"I like turtles"
Dragonlance wrote:
The only options I seem to have are Server Browser, Ranked Match, Wager Match etc....no option to select a particular game type. I have achieved lv 10 in 2 hours play...do I need to level up more before the options are available?

Yes DL,you can only play in certain modes to begin with then more become available as you progress through the ranks.You can select game type (Team Deathmatch,Free For All,Capture The Flag etc.) on 360 version,presume PC version would be the same ?.I'm about level 29 and pretty much all of them are now available.Is PC version of MOH good online then ?,360 version was useless (campaign was good though).I really like Black Ops myself,think its a great game.
Wed 24/11/10 at 21:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Having played COD:MW2 MP for nearly a year and MOH MP since it was released, the last two hours on Black Ops has been interesting, entertaining and exremely frustrating. The maps are good, combat good but the user interface (PC here) is dismal compared to the previous two mentioned. Have I missed something, but why can't I choose the game type I wish to play as in MW2 ie..Domonation, Merc Team Deathmatch etc etc. The only options I seem to have are Server Browser, Ranked Match, Wager Match etc....no option to select a particular game type. I have achieved lv 10 in 2 hours play...do I need to level up more before the options are available?

Needless to say..I don't think much to it overall :¬)
Tue 23/11/10 at 18:22
Regular
I haven't tried CODBLOPS yet but am pretty certain I'm having it for Christmas :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.