GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email Outage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/11/10 at 16:23
"Are you sure?"
Perhaps it was a mistake to start discussing email clients in the other thread!

Any update on the email outage please?
Is service likely to return before 5pm?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 12/11/10 at 08:38
"Are you sure?"
Morning DL,
I updated my Rolex post before I read this.

I had the Rolex spam overnight to 4 different domains (different Freeola hosted domains not just email addresses) so as I mentioned when I posted the Rolex thread they do seem to be finding many Freeola customers.

Must be quite an overhead...

The good news is that my automated response from Freeola abuse@ came in immediately :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 11/11/10 at 21:11
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi Hmmm,

Have had two successful 'retrieves' this evening....shame that they still included the Rolex watches ha ha
Thu 11/11/10 at 17:38
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
The server seems to "pop" in and out of being accessible. All out tests through today have shown that the server is only inaccessible for periods of 5 minutes if at all.

The email should not be delayed at all, but you may find at some times you can not connect to receive it. This is what we are seeing at the moment.

Hi Warhunt,
I'm seeing a bit of a delay this afternoon - between 20-45 mins at times. This is for email I know about! If you saw one of yesterday's posts I received a couple of emails after quite a few hours delay.

FWIW - People only reading your Service Status page won't be aware of your last comments. The latest update there only says some users have been blocked...

Perhaps it's worth updating to say there are still issues?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 11/11/10 at 17:00
Regular
Thank you!

Just received one of the the emails I was waiting on. Huge smile and relief.

Laura
Thu 11/11/10 at 16:53
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The server seems to "pop" in and out of being accessible. All out tests through today have shown that the server is only inaccessible for periods of 5 minutes if at all.

The email should not be delayed at all, but you may find at some times you can not connect to receive it. This is what we are seeing at the moment.
Thu 11/11/10 at 16:38
Regular
Has the email server has been pulled again? Before realising that things were grinding to a halt again, I'd been communicating with an important new lead for my business. I'm now expecting an email from them and, from a professional point of view, I would really like to be able to make an immediate response. If this were my personal email I'd been much more relaxed but regretably it isn't.

Does anyone have an idea of when things will be guaranteed of working normally and consistently? Thanks.
Thu 11/11/10 at 16:15
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Warhunt.
I thought there must be a bit more to it!

Email is limping along today but not up to the normal Freeola standards yet.

Please let us know when you are happy normal service has been returned.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 11/11/10 at 16:09
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The issue is a bit deeper than the points I've made on here bare in mind. I am not going/have not gone into too many details, but have given you an overview/insight in to the situation.

Your point is valid to be honest Hmmm....... but all I can say for the moment (as the issue seems to have magnified now) is we are doing what we can.
Thu 11/11/10 at 13:08
"Are you sure?"
Hi Warhunt.
"Same thing over and over it seems" - yes that's what I'm seeing. Email works for a bit and then fails etc. etc. very frustrating. Seems to be down at the moment...

Strange how this became such a big problem all within a week.
Sounds like a technical issue to me?!

How do other providers manage?
If you've all of a sudden got some users that are stressing things too much can't they be throttled (not literally! but in a technical sense)?

I'm always reselling Freeola for a dedicated domain name and email solution as you know. But I'm been embarrassed by some client's via cheapo free email at the moment...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 11/11/10 at 12:37
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Same thing over and over it seems. Not really at an investigation state as we know whats happening. It's just a case of getting that stopped, which naturally is more difficult than if it was a base "technical issue".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.