GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email Outage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/11/10 at 16:23
"Are you sure?"
Perhaps it was a mistake to start discussing email clients in the other thread!

Any update on the email outage please?
Is service likely to return before 5pm?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 28/01/11 at 13:59
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Yes it is independant from the other issues.

Email may still be coming through slowly for a small minority of users, and as such the message is still relevant. We generally like to keep minor or advisory messages up for as long as it takes to be 100%.
Fri 28/01/11 at 13:44
Regular
Thanks. I must have been accessing a cached copy. I still can't see the resolved message either.

Glad it is all resolved. Is tjis independent of the previous problems this year?

Thanks for your response.
Fri 28/01/11 at 13:33
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
ptb wrote:
I'm getting that it cannot connect to the POP server through the webmail, and there is now a message on the service status page, although it doesn't say much. Perhaps it is not affecting all users.

The network message was up before your original post, so it hasn't been put up for a new or evolved issue.

The server running slowly seems to cause different issues for users, and in some cases no issues for others. It will vary depending on your chosen client and settings.

The issue has since been resolved so that you should no longer get failed logins however.
Fri 28/01/11 at 13:28
Regular
I'm getting that it cannot connect to the POP server through the webmail, and there is now a message on the service status page, although it doesn't say much. Perhaps it is not affecting all users.
Fri 28/01/11 at 13:19
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just checked my mails via webmail on MyFreeola and they seem to be coming through OK on that?
Fri 28/01/11 at 12:01
Regular
Down again! Is this the same issue or a new one? The last year has been very embarassing.
Wed 15/12/10 at 10:40
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update bob, it all sounds good :¬)

Things certainly seem to be running well at the moment.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 15/12/10 at 10:16
Regular
The problems with e-mail where related to a couple of problems. The first was that when the MX queueing servers where upgraded they caused a higher rate of e-mail to go through to the mail server. This was just a case of needing to adjust the configs so that everything flowed smoothly.

This issue did highlight to us that the mail system seemed to be under a rather high load and so we ran some checks against the logs. We found some customers where checking for new mail more then once a minute for 24 hours a day on multiple accounts. As I'm sure you can imagine this aside from being unnecessary also caused a high demand on the servers (especially as most of these users where leaving mail on the server so it had to do a full check on what mail was new).

We have contacted these users and have reduced their connections down and have also put in a system to continue to monitor the logs on a regular basis. We are also working on a new e-mail hosting service which will be handling a chunk of the mail currently going through the current mail server and so reducing the load further.
Wed 08/12/10 at 18:05
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
I'll try and bounce around and keep you updated if need be.

Hi Warhunt and Freeola.

I see today that you have closed off the outstanding email item on your Service Status page.

I'm happy with my current email service :¬)

Are you able to update your customers with some details of the problem/resolution of the recent issues? It would give everyone a 'warm feeling' if the root problem was identified.

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 29/11/10 at 13:27
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sean_NE wrote:
block the emails from facebook servers to your mail servers that lighting the load l seen the mass mails on friends pc

To be honest I'm not sure what this sentence means. Block all mail from Facebook? I don't believe that is viable, and will not really be considered.

The servers seem to be stable, and no customers complaining at this point. I'll try and bounce around and keep you updated if need be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.