GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email Outage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/11/10 at 16:23
"Are you sure?"
Perhaps it was a mistake to start discussing email clients in the other thread!

Any update on the email outage please?
Is service likely to return before 5pm?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 20/11/10 at 18:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
All ok here!

What errors are you seeing?

EDIT: Just tested both a Freeola > Freeola email and other provider > Freeola and they arrived immediately!

Hi Hmmm,

All accounts are now receiving and sending ok :¬)
Sat 20/11/10 at 18:11
"Are you sure?"
All ok here!

What errors are you seeing?

EDIT: Just tested both a Freeola > Freeola email and other provider > Freeola and they arrived immediately!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 20/11/10 at 18:06
Regular
I'm getting error messages at the moment! : (
Sat 20/11/10 at 17:07
"Are you sure?"
Email service appears back to normal today :¬)

EDIT @Numnut thanks for update.
ADSL: Things seem better. I'm waiting to see what happens next time it rains...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/11/10 at 20:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Still very intermittent at 20:09 :¬(
Fri 19/11/10 at 19:15
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Warhunt wrote:
I gather you know that we feel exactly the same Hmmm...

Hi Warhunt - no I didn't know that!

Have I missed a forum post or is it in an email/ticket reply which may still be on it's way...?

Just to clarify - Hopefully it's clear to all our customers that we are doing as much as is possible to resolve the recent problems with Email.

We know how much of a problem it's causing for everyone (including us - we rely a lot on email too), but once the current queue of messages are cleared normal service should resume.

Do EntaNet also look after Freeola's email and hosting service?

Yes they do.

Slighty off topic - @Hmmm... You've got a support ticket reply heading your way, but in case you don't see it for a while...Interleaving is 'On' and the downstream errors have disappeared too. There's a bit more in the ticket, but that's the main part of it.
Fri 19/11/10 at 18:05
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:

Hi Warhunt - no I didn't know that!

Have I missed a forum post or is it in an email/ticket reply which may still be on it's way...?

Do EntaNet also look after Freeola's email and hosting service?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/11/10 at 18:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"

The issue is progressing though, and our systems team are again confident that the issue will be fixed permanently once the backlog has cleared out.
Fri 19/11/10 at 17:41
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update.

FYI - I've just received an email sent on Tuesday and also just received an email from my Support Ticket sent yesterday regarding my broadband troubles.

Warhunt keeps telling me to use the Ticket System NOT the forum for service issues but I'm finding that doesn't always work well!
;¬) < a wink as I know Warhunt likes them

EDIT!
ARHHHHH
I've just received another old email from yesterday lunchtime asking me to do something :¬(
This is getting a little bit embarrassing...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/11/10 at 12:57
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Warhunt wrote:
[i]Not really to be honest. At this point it's as suggested, just general maintenance.

I'll let you know the changes in hindsight after we have confirmed exactly what has been done (not just what we intend etc).

Are today's email issues related to this previous problem or something different?
It had been working so well...

[s]Hmmm...[/s][/i]

Something a little different - basically, one of the MX servers was not distributing mail properly yesterday which meant that any mail handled by this server was simply held, and not distributed via the mail server.

That issue is now resolved, and the messages that the mx server was not distributing have now been released, which have, for want of a better word, flooded the mail server, which in turn has caused it to not respond for periods this morning.

The mail server is at the moment distributing the back-log of messages which it should work through during the course of this afternoon, and then normal service should be resumed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.