GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email Outage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/11/10 at 16:23
"Are you sure?"
Perhaps it was a mistake to start discussing email clients in the other thread!

Any update on the email outage please?
Is service likely to return before 5pm?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 19/11/10 at 12:29
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
Not really to be honest. At this point it's as suggested, just general maintenance.

I'll let you know the changes in hindsight after we have confirmed exactly what has been done (not just what we intend etc).

Are today's email issues related to this previous problem or something different?
It had been working so well...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 14/11/10 at 11:37
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
That's obviously a given.

It wasn't too obvious to me by your earlier reply :¬P

Also when submitting spam samples to your abuse@ address the reply says:

"Thank you for your submission to the Freeola Email abuse system, we will use this information to contact the ISP's of the companies in question about the spam being sent."

Perhaps you should also add "and update our spam filters as required" etc. if this is what happens?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 14/11/10 at 11:31
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
That's obviously a given. It doesn't mean we don't pass the issue on to the relevant parties however. Let's just hope once in a while they do something to cure the issue, rather than prevent it.
Sun 14/11/10 at 09:48
"Are you sure?"
No Rolex for me this morning :¬)
[EDIT] spoke too soon - more Rolex offers have now arrived!

...and more importantly Freeola email seems nice and lively still.

I thought in the past Freeola used to maintain their own spam filters? I've noticed a couple of your recent comments just say you pass this on the the originating provider.

Your email page mentions "FREE Anti-spam" I always assumed that means you have some control over what gets through? So when numerous customers are seeing the same stuff you can stop it.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 14/11/10 at 09:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Good to hear. I'll let you know the changes when i can.

DL - Forward the messages on as always. Hopefully their ISP's will do something about them sometime.
Sat 13/11/10 at 17:25
"Are you sure?"
Just to say Freeola email all seems to be running well for me today! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 12/11/10 at 18:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
FYI - email running pretty good today!!! :¬)

Evenin Hmmm,

All's running well here-except Rolex has now been joined by the return of Capt Ferguson and his lads in Iraq, ferretting away funds and a winning prize in the Dutch National Lottery ha ha :¬)
Fri 12/11/10 at 17:27
"Are you sure?"
Ok thanks.

FYI - email running pretty good today!!! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 12/11/10 at 16:34
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Not really to be honest. At this point it's as suggested, just general maintenance.

I'll let you know the changes in hindsight after we have confirmed exactly what has been done (not just what we intend etc).
Fri 12/11/10 at 15:17
"Are you sure?"
Nice to read you are doing some maintenance on the mail server tonight :¬)

Does this mean you've found a problem?

Can you give any more details (upgrade h/w, change s/w) or is it on a need-to-know-basis?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.