GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email Outage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/11/10 at 16:23
"Are you sure?"
Perhaps it was a mistake to start discussing email clients in the other thread!

Any update on the email outage please?
Is service likely to return before 5pm?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 29/11/10 at 02:50
Regular
block the emails from facebook servers to your mail servers that lighting the load l seen the mass mails on friends pc

l seen a lot more spam mail round the time this problem started and still getting way more then l use to
Thu 25/11/10 at 13:46
"Are you sure?"
Hi Warhunt,
Are the recent email problems close to being resolved now?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 25/11/10 at 13:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Tricky for some yes, but you would be suprised when you see the amount of tickets that come in regarding the issue still.

Still customers that know the system either:

- Give us a contact number
- Give us an alternate email to reply to
- Don't want a reply

And mostly they use the alternate methods (ie. the support line, or shouting really loud in the direction of Freeola Towers).
Thu 25/11/10 at 12:59
"Are you sure?"
Hi AlisdairGB and welcome to the forums!

Many Freeola customers will already have Freeola Webmail which is part of their Broadband (& Anytime Dialup) package! :¬P

I had a client phone up during yesterday's email problems asking about the Service Status message re. IP Addresses.
He was only being temporarily affected so I assured him he hadn't been blocked.

FWIW
The Status Page says you can raise a Support Ticket if you can't connect to the mail server. As the Ticket system is run by email this could be tricky for some! ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 24/11/10 at 20:21
Regular
These regular outages of the ISP severs are getting frustrating.

Perhaps Freeola could give a months introductory access to WebMail as recompense?

Who knows, people might even continue to use it.....
Wed 24/11/10 at 19:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi DL.
Quoting 'MB Lease' and addressing me???

The Service Status page was updated very quickly today which is why I've been keeping my head down! :¬)

Right that's enough IT for me today - I'm Shutting Down.

Mois aussi ha ha but the quote was just to quote .... :¬)
Wed 24/11/10 at 18:54
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL.
Quoting 'MB Lease' and addressing me???

The Service Status page was updated very quickly today which is why I've been keeping my head down! :¬)

Right that's enough IT for me today - I'm Shutting Down.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 24/11/10 at 18:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
MB Lease wrote:
Stating the obvious, but this constant email problem has been awful.

When trying to run a business and having to explain "sorry we've got email problems again" is a nightmare.

I understand `a few` issues from time to time but this seems never ending !?

Hi Hmmm....how's things with you? I've got to have sympathy with this user, but can also add that an 'inordinate' amount of emails at 18.30 this evening alerted me to the fact that there are problems again....I don't check every half hour as I'm at work from 8 till 5 but the increase of spam as been considerable....to all accounts. The present 'error' doesn't seem to have made the main page either.
Wed 24/11/10 at 16:57
Regular
Stating the obvious, but this constant email problem has been awful.

When trying to run a business and having to explain "sorry we've got email problems again" is a nightmare.

I understand `a few` issues from time to time but this seems never ending !?
Wed 24/11/10 at 15:53
Regular
Email problems yet again. Can't help thinking there's an underlying issue here, so many breakdowns in a couple of weeks seem unlikely to be coincidental. Does anyone care to comment?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.