GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I bought Metroid Prime the other day..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Wed 02/04/03 at 23:45
Regular
Hmm...

As a first-time Nintendo owner, maybe someone can explain the history of this title to me; why is it seen as such a major title, and why are people dashing out to buy Gamecube's to play it?

Don't get me wrong! It *is* a very good game, and I am enjoying playing it, but while it's fun, for me there's certainly nothing particularly outstanding about it.

By that I mean it is definitely a game worth owning, but - and remember, this is just my opinion - it's not a game worth specifically buying a 'cube to play.

For me, there are already better games on Gamecube that people *didn't* rush out and buy the machine to play.
Tue 22/04/03 at 23:56
Regular
It IS the best game around...

I think MP takes a little while to get into, around 20-25% done until i began to really appreciate it.... and then the first encounter with Space Pirates who actually come after YOU! - thats when it gets really interesting (before this most of the 'enemies' on the game couldnt care less what Samus was up to unless you disturbed them).

This game needs to be advertised more!!
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:44
Regular
Aha gravity suit
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hmm. So if I've completed the game once do I have hard mode...? I may give that a go. Be 'hardcore'... ;-)
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:27
Regular
I've completed it twice on normal and once on hard with the Fusion Suit. Now I'm on my fourth game and I'm going for 100% scans and items.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:25
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hmm. I won it Friday night I think... Not sure how many missiles and that I had (think it was about 185) but I'm probably going to start the game all over again within the next week and this time try to get all items and scan everything... should keep me going a fair while!
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:19
Regular
There are 250 missiles.

You've got some work to do.
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Wha!

Finished it yesterday.

Cool boss fights.

210 missiles, all Energy Cells (well, the bar was covered totaly)

Whats the problem with bactracking? if you explore, you find missile thingys everywhere, as you go back with new powers.

Great game.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:41
Regular
psssshtt

It is the title of the decade.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Festivus!"
It is a very good title but is very overated. Endless corridors and frustrating backtracking ruin what could have been the title of the decade.
Sun 06/04/03 at 12:38
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Of course, once you get the Plasma Beam, it's a whole different
> matter! :-)

One minor inconsistency I found was that the Plasma beam can kill a Sheegoth just by blasting the Sheegoth anywhere... but when you fight Baby Sheegoths you still have to get round the back of them to kill them even with the Plasma beam... just seemed strange to me :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.