GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I bought Metroid Prime the other day..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Wed 02/04/03 at 23:45
Regular
Hmm...

As a first-time Nintendo owner, maybe someone can explain the history of this title to me; why is it seen as such a major title, and why are people dashing out to buy Gamecube's to play it?

Don't get me wrong! It *is* a very good game, and I am enjoying playing it, but while it's fun, for me there's certainly nothing particularly outstanding about it.

By that I mean it is definitely a game worth owning, but - and remember, this is just my opinion - it's not a game worth specifically buying a 'cube to play.

For me, there are already better games on Gamecube that people *didn't* rush out and buy the machine to play.
Thu 03/04/03 at 15:53
Regular
"Festivus!"
I am gerrid

Hear me roar.
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:25
Regular
"DS..."
Actually I reckon that the in game clock is pretty accurate cos when you think about it, think how many times you may have died after saving at a save point as it records your time up untill that save point.

Example:- say youve been playing the game for lets say 6 hours and your about to go and face the boss of phendrana drifts, it takes you 15 mins to get to the boss and you fight it for about 15 mins and you die, so all in all thats an extra half an hours playtime, BUT it then says Do you want to continue from last save? so basically your starting from before you faced the boss and so that half an hour of play does'nt count, so now think hard and can you truthfully say that youve never died whilst playing it?... did'nt think so, so as you see the clock it would seem is accurate. :)

slik ~_~
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:28
Regular
Oh and another thing, most of the people who don't seem to think it's a masterpiece suck at it (no offense).

I completed it first go, without using hints, in twelve and a half hours. And some of you are are up to 18 hours and only 50% of the way through?
Thu 03/04/03 at 17:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Oh and another thing, most of the people who don't seem to think it's
> a masterpiece suck at it (no offense).
>
> I completed it first go, without using hints, in twelve and a half
> hours. And some of you are are up to 18 hours and only 50% of the way
> through?

Looks like I am going to beat you then.

Ner ner.
Thu 03/04/03 at 20:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Fantastic.

Really.
Thu 03/04/03 at 23:10
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Whitestripes wrote:
>
> I completed it first go, without using hints, in twelve and a half
> hours. And some of you are are up to 18 hours and only 50% of the way
> through?

Dont forget that 50% is the number of items collected and not how far you are in the game, isnt it something like 10% is actually needed to complete the game.
Thu 03/04/03 at 23:22
Regular
I know it's percentage of items, but he said he was half way through...
Fri 04/04/03 at 00:11
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:

Yes. But that's largely because there simply isn't the incentive to play much and get to a reasonable level of not sucking, because there's nothing to hold your interest (if you don't like the game).
Though I did switch off hints too.
Fri 04/04/03 at 13:12
Regular
Leave hints on...unless you want to get stupidly lost most the time.

I tried playing without hints on and got fed up with the wandering around wondering what to do next. It's not like it tells you exactly where to go, there's still a hell of a lot of exploring to do, it just prevents boredom creeping in from having to retread the same ground all the time.
Fri 04/04/03 at 15:08
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The only problems I have with the game is the often long back traking and spawning enemies, but they don't really infringe on my enjoyment of the game.

As Adventure games go, it's one of the best I've played. The puzzles, while taxing are easy enough to grasp and complete. The initial worry I had with the game since I've played too many adventure games which have impossiblly puzzles which always hinder my enjoyment of the game, Not so with Metroid however.

The action is exciting and tense, and though I did struggle with the controls at first I easly adapted to them, the graphics are perhaps some of the best I've seen, only matched by the amazxing level design. Perhaps most important of all though is, I'm totally adicted to the game, it's one of the few titles where when I decide to stop playing, I just convince myself to play on a bit futhur and explore some more.

Great game, though there will be a void to fill once I finish the game, which hopefully Zelda will fill.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.