GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Ghosts""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/08/10 at 12:56
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe in ghosts but I'm not convinced that 'ghosts' are neccessarily the spirits of the dead.

Consider the possibility of alternate dimensions/parallel universes, or whatever you want to call them and that time is the fourth dimension, then isn't it possible for time to sometimes 'cross over' into other dimensions and that people are in fact seeing echoes in time whenever we hear about these 'ghost stories'?

Since we're on the subject, does anyone have any ghost stories of their own?
Tue 24/08/10 at 19:52
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
I already have TS3 on xbox, but checked your review to make sure that the Wii also had Toy Box mode. Very good review pb.
Tue 24/08/10 at 15:51
"possibly impossible"
I'd recommend Toy Story 3 (see my review in the review forum).
Tue 24/08/10 at 15:49
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
pb wrote:
> I got the dance mat game the other day from the store (it had
> just gone down to £19.99 and my kids wanted it.) Not
> brilliant but ok. You'd be better off with Just Dance, which
> only needs 1 remote per person and is quite frankly brilliant.

Yea she's already got Just Dance. She's tring to decide between some other dance game with a mat and Mario Galaxy 2, I know what I'd pick but it's her thats to play it so......
Tue 24/08/10 at 15:23
"possibly impossible"
TattooedGamer wrote:
> Wow, really wasn't expecting to win with this :)
>
> But a huge thanks from me and my daughter who will be picking
> out a Wii game soon, cheers.
>
> Was just wondering though, is it okay to choose a game that
> comes with a peripheral;: ie, a dance mat? From what I remember
> from SR it wasn't allowed but just thought I'd check.
>
> Cheers again.

I got the dance mat game the other day from the store (it had just gone down to £19.99 and my kids wanted it.) Not brilliant but ok. You'd be better off with Just Dance, which only needs 1 remote per person and is quite frankly brilliant.
Tue 24/08/10 at 15:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
As long as the value is under £45, I believe you are allowed to get a game that is bundled with an item. Don't get excited though, I would await confirmation from a staff member, but I've never heard of any problem with it. Congrats again TG :)
Tue 24/08/10 at 14:54
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Wow, really wasn't expecting to win with this :)

But a huge thanks from me and my daughter who will be picking out a Wii game soon, cheers.

Was just wondering though, is it okay to choose a game that comes with a peripheral;: ie, a dance mat? From what I remember from SR it wasn't allowed but just thought I'd check.

Cheers again.
Sat 21/08/10 at 01:54
Regular
good discussion. lookin forward to readig more.

www.pottyaboutpets
Fri 20/08/10 at 23:01
Regular
"How Ironic"
The only time I had anything remotely ghostly was when I was on holiday. I'm a really bad sleep talker, usually when I'm in a location I'm not familiar with, it can be a drag. This one holiday, I managed to get extremely burnt for some reason, and the first night, I'd dreamt of a ghost-like figure in the room I was sleeping in, when I woke up, I found myself in the corner of the room screaming out loud. One of the most terrifying experiences I've ever had. Of course, it was put down to sun stroke in the end. I don't recommend getting burnt.
Fri 20/08/10 at 22:50
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
HM wrote:
> Although the appearence of things when sleeping can be down to
> the sleep paralysis explanations, there is a state of mind called
> the "hypnagogic state", which is the period between
> wake and sleep.

Before I made this topic I had never heard of this, but have since been reading up on it and looking through some websites. It's really freaky, and in many ways a bit scarier than 'ghosts'.

This sounds similar to what happened to me when I was younger; as described in one of my earlier posts. It sounds odd, but to think it wasn't a 'ghostly' encounter, and that there's a good chance that this could happen again, it's a kinda uncomfortable feeling.
Fri 20/08/10 at 13:50
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pb wrote:
> I would argue that anything which 'exists' whether in our world,
> a parallel plain or something non-corporal or whatever spirits
> actually are CAN be measured. It's just that we do not have the
> instruments to measure it properly or the understanding of what
> the 'spirits' are to measure then accurately at the moment.

That is true, but at the same time I still think that any proof of the paranormal will still be rejected by mainstream society and science. It probably won't be anything tangible that exists. But I stiill think anything and everything caught as "evidence" will be hotly disputed.

> If they DON'T exist then, yes, then you could say you would
> never have conclusive proof because they just don't exist and
> it's harder to prove the non-existence of something than the
> existence of it unless you know for sure what the object you're
> focusing on actually is.

Can't argue with that! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.