GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Ghosts""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/08/10 at 12:56
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe in ghosts but I'm not convinced that 'ghosts' are neccessarily the spirits of the dead.

Consider the possibility of alternate dimensions/parallel universes, or whatever you want to call them and that time is the fourth dimension, then isn't it possible for time to sometimes 'cross over' into other dimensions and that people are in fact seeing echoes in time whenever we hear about these 'ghost stories'?

Since we're on the subject, does anyone have any ghost stories of their own?
Wed 25/08/10 at 04:27
Regular
"How Ironic"
The TV really is a puzzling event. Was there any other electrical equipment in the house on at the time that experienced a minor flicker or anything? And try taking the batteries out of the remote, and see if it happens again. What channel came on? :P

*EDIT* The reason I say remove the batteries is that low batteries can cause the remote to send odd signals out, like if you try to change the volume with low batteries the signals can be delayed or do the complete opposite of what you input into the remote, and could well turn the TV on (even without being touched). Presumably the TV would've had to have been on stand-by.
Wed 25/08/10 at 03:57
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
If it keeps doing it, why not unplug it and see if you get any kind of response?
Wed 25/08/10 at 03:43
Regular
"@optometrytweet"

As for the picture of Dan, that is a photo with a 1/4 second exposure. The flash sealed most of the detail in the photo, but the light behind came through in the time he moved his head. Thus giving the illusion that some of his head has disappeared. Interesting picture!

The TV incident is still puzzling us. Could be a power surge? Or perhaps the "singing" glass may have caused parts in the TV to resonate and somehow cause itself to turn on? Sarah is a bit shaken by it though as it's her own home!

EDIT: TG, sometimes you do some daft things to get their attention/activity to happen.

As for followings home...believe it's happened to me before. Strange things have happened after investigations. Don't know if it is spirits (if they exist) or just weird events happening and me blaming it on something paranormal...

I don't think I will ever get an answer. But the nights are good fun though!
Wed 25/08/10 at 03:20
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Been keeping up to date with your reports tonight, some pretty freaky stuff happening by the sounds of it. Is your mate nuts trying to shake the hand of a 'spirit'?

Don't you ever worry that a spirit may take a like/dislike to you and follow you home? ;)
Wed 25/08/10 at 03:06
Regular
"How Ironic"
Having had a proper look at your website Jason, would just like to congratulate you, it's fantastic. I loved the story on Robert the doll, that face is terrifying. And that painting... that little boy really creeps me out, I found myself staring at him for abit.

Anyone who hasn't yet visited Jason's site, I strongly advise you to give it a go! Even a skeptical person like me enjoyed it!

*EDIT* Quick question Jason

Why is part of this guy's head missing?(bottom left picture)
Tue 24/08/10 at 21:46
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Tue 24/08/10 at 21:20
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Just added your site onto my Facebook page too.
Tue 24/08/10 at 21:11
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Cool stuff!

I'll get to work creating the page!
Tue 24/08/10 at 21:06
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
It'll be really interesting to find out what happens HM, and I'm off work tomorrow so will check the site during the night inbetween gaming breaks.

:)
Tue 24/08/10 at 20:29
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Congrats! And what a great topic to win it on as well!

And if you are interested, we are on an investigation tonight, so hopefully something to report back. Hoping to be reporting as it happens on the website - will post the page link when I've created it!

It'll be on www.ghostsandmore.info when something is sorted!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.