GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Ghosts""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/08/10 at 12:56
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe in ghosts but I'm not convinced that 'ghosts' are neccessarily the spirits of the dead.

Consider the possibility of alternate dimensions/parallel universes, or whatever you want to call them and that time is the fourth dimension, then isn't it possible for time to sometimes 'cross over' into other dimensions and that people are in fact seeing echoes in time whenever we hear about these 'ghost stories'?

Since we're on the subject, does anyone have any ghost stories of their own?
Wed 25/08/10 at 15:39
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
HM wrote:
> pb wrote:
> If you go to a 'haunting' with one set vision you will often
> find things that match your own belief/understanding of events.
> It is important, therefore, to have no pre-conception and be
> open
> to any possibilities.
>
> It's always tricky to try and hold your back your own beliefs
> during an investigation. The best thing is to remain objective,
> keep open to all ideas and look at the event at all angles.
>
> That is one reason I dislike the way Derryn Brown works. He
> makes his money recreating paranormal phenomena by using science
> (his ways may create the effect, but his way isn't the only way -
> there are many ways to crack a nut!). He therefore, although
> claiming to want to believe, is so closed when ever questioned on
> the subject.

How exactly is a refusal to seriously entertain an idea in absence of any convincing evidence for it 'closed [minded]'? Is it closed minded to not believe in Thor, Ra, the tooth fairy, or the cosmic teapot? Unless Derren (or anyone) has ever been presented with anything resembling convincing evidence (which seems unlikely given its apparent sparsity) then it's just a lazy ad hominem to call them closed to these things.
Wed 25/08/10 at 13:21
"possibly impossible"
Derren in the new James Randi basically.
Wed 25/08/10 at 12:53
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pb wrote:
> If you go to a 'haunting' with one set vision you will often
> find things that match your own belief/understanding of events.
> It is important, therefore, to have no pre-conception and be open
> to any possibilities.

It's always tricky to try and hold your back your own beliefs during an investigation. The best thing is to remain objective, keep open to all ideas and look at the event at all angles.

That is one reason I dislike the way Derryn Brown works. He makes his money recreating paranormal phenomena by using science (his ways may create the effect, but his way isn't the only way - there are many ways to crack a nut!). He therefore, although claiming to want to believe, is so closed when ever questioned on the subject. If he did ever come out and say paranormal phenomena happened without some person recreating an effect, he'd end up doing himself out of a job.
Wed 25/08/10 at 11:41
"possibly impossible"
I like to think there are certainly multiple reasons for phenomena, and within this, the possibility of multiple fortean phenomena rather than assuming any event is down to a set belief in some sort of spirit.

It could be a lifeform we currently don't understand, some echo of a parallel universe, a demon (from whatever religion you'd like to pick) who is having fun deluding people into believing it is something else, an echo of the past held in a sort of recording, the projection of a subject in the room (whether consciously or unconsciously) or many other things.

If you go to a 'haunting' with one set vision you will often find things that match your own belief/understanding of events. It is important, therefore, to have no pre-conception and be open to any possibilities.
Wed 25/08/10 at 04:51
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'll be writing a report on the report soon. Making sure we cover all possible events. Of course, there will be some photographs going up as well (although nothing spooky).

Hopefully, we may get an internet dongle for the Ram Inn investigation on September 11th, so we may even do another live report then!
Wed 25/08/10 at 04:47
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
HM wrote:
> Congrats again TG on your GAD win for this thread (and sorry it
> got hijacked into being a talking point for tonight's
> investigation!)

Thanks, and I don't mind, it's all related.

:)
Wed 25/08/10 at 04:42
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
No worries! It's been great chatting to the outside world during the investigation as well!

Just finishing the night with a beer. And I believe we have a beer breakfast lined up as well (and a centurion...).

Congrats again TG on your GAD win for this thread (and sorry it got hijacked into being a talking point for tonight's investigation!)
Wed 25/08/10 at 04:42
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
It was a really interesting night, certainly something new for me.

Don't know how you guys can just go to sleep after experiencing stuff like that...suppose you'll be used to it by now though eh?
Wed 25/08/10 at 04:36
Regular
"How Ironic"
Thanks for keeping us updated. Did you get any cool spooky pics? :D
Wed 25/08/10 at 04:32
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
It only did it the once, so could have been a minor fault. Still, it was a well timed event to not be considered strange.

It flicked on and then went off again, so not sure what channel came on.

We've decided the place has now lost its energy (or rather the team are shattered) so the investigation is now over. Interesting night though and thanks for following it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.