GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Ghosts""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/08/10 at 12:56
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe in ghosts but I'm not convinced that 'ghosts' are neccessarily the spirits of the dead.

Consider the possibility of alternate dimensions/parallel universes, or whatever you want to call them and that time is the fourth dimension, then isn't it possible for time to sometimes 'cross over' into other dimensions and that people are in fact seeing echoes in time whenever we hear about these 'ghost stories'?

Since we're on the subject, does anyone have any ghost stories of their own?
Wed 18/08/10 at 09:26
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I tend to believe we are more in limbo than Heaven or Hell.
Wed 18/08/10 at 09:16
"possibly impossible"
Vee wrote:
. For me i believe we live in hell
> and that things cant get any worse then the things that go on in
> this world.

That's an interesting view point, I see it as almost the opposite. Everywhere you look there is the wonder of the world, whether you believe in anything else beyond this or not. It's just that people are too pre-occupied to take it in.

The beauty of a rainbow, a flower, animals being born. It's all there. I guess it's more difficult in big cities with less nature around but that's another aspect of man's overpopulation and control of the world.

Personally, I'm a firm believer in God and everything that goes with it, most of the western religions and a fair few other religions all have strong connections to each other which strengthens my view that there is something in it.

But I don't automatically attribute 'spirits' to dead people who are coming back for a reason, as a Fortean I keep an open mind on the subject and have various theories about what they could be, including emotions and images stored like a movie or photograph in the atmosphere and triggered at certain times, or something inter-dimensional.
Wed 18/08/10 at 09:04
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
pete_21 wrote:
>.I reckon once your gone,your gone.

I use to always think this when i was younger. I use to sit there and think when i die, that's it nothing once your gone your gone, nothing exists. Then i sat for ages trying to imagine nothing at all. It was impossible for me.

I know i dont believe in some people will go to heaven and some will go to hell. I believe we ALL go to a better place no matter who we are or what we have done. For me i believe we live in hell and that things cant get any worse then the things that go on in this world.
Wed 18/08/10 at 08:59
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
HM wrote:

> And Vee, I am always intrigued by what you experience. You have
> lots of activity (I am slightly jealous!).

Lot's of activity but it does still frighten me slightly. I am getting better the more i understand etc... I think at the minute its because people were forever saying to me, spirits wont hurt you. Then i had the one that wanted me out of the house and was trying their best to get me out. So when i would be in the house the one room i couldnt stand to ever be in was my bathroom. The longest time i was to spend in there would be when i had my baths. I hated it, always felt i was been watched. Apparantly the spirit that through the glass, and was responsible for the key in my bath would also sit and watch me and make me feel uncomfortable. She would also be around in my bedroom too. It wasnt till my mate Ben saw this female spirit in my room that i actually believed it more. I never saw the female. I just felt her about. He was stood in my garden having a fag and looked up at my bedroom to see this person move past my window to go out of my bedroom door. He came in thinking i had been up there. I never left the sofa while he was out there. So after that we both went up there to figure out things. My mate Ben is in to all this stuff and he can actually do reading etc too. So he knew what he was on about.

I know i have it in me to pick up on spirits more. I just need to learn how to have more control over it.
Wed 18/08/10 at 08:25
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Kaepora Gaebora wrote:
> And I agree with HM, all of the "ghosts near/on the
> bed" are incidences of Sleep Paralysis
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I wouldn't say "all" but some can be attributed to sleep paralysis.

During time of dropping to sleep (and sometime in the process of waking up) you fall into a hypnagogic state. Lots of research has been carried out on what happens during this state and plenty more research is going to be carried out.

During this hypnagogic state, the human mind is more "psychic" than usual and many telepathic and astral experiments have proven positive. I can't remember the exact details off hand, but will look through some of the psychology non-fiction books that state it when I get back home.

But if this is the case, even though sleep paralysis has some normal logical reasoning, there are many cases where the person is not frozen in position and can still see the shadowy entities for a long while after waking.

And Vee, I am always intrigued by what you experience. You have lots of activity (I am slightly jealous!).

I personally have had too many encounters with the paranormal to say it doesn't exist and due to the intelligence of some of the activity, I have to say there has to be something on the other side, ghosts/interdimensional beings/aliens/astral beings/demons/divine enities. What ones though... well that's what I want to find out!
Wed 18/08/10 at 08:10
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I believe, in Spirits. Call them what you like, spirits, ghosts whatever. Why do i believe? Ive always believed you have to see it to believe it. I have seen, felt heard things. I have experienced quite a few things that have gone on. At first i thought i was going crackers. I thought because it was something i wanted to experiance then i was just thinking it was happening. Then i called in a woman who is experienced in it all. SHe does readings for people and other things too. So without telling her anything about whats going on here i invited her to my home. I was surprised that everything she mentioned was spot on. There is no way she could have known anything that went on here that anyone could have told her. SHe knew all about the following things that happend over time in my house....

Voices - Someone would always call out my eldest boys name. My boy always thought it was me that was calling him. Someone would also call me by my nickname, that i very rarely get called by anyone now. There is only about 3 people that would call me it and none of them was ever around my house at the time. Also would hear sighs too.

Glass - A glass that i had stood on the top of my toilet, literally went wron there to the otherside of my bathroom and shatterd in my bath. There is no way a glass would just shoot across the room. If it was going anywhere it would have just fell off the toilet and again from that height wouldnt have even smashed.

A Key - i went in to my bathroom looked in to my bath and saw a key. This key on the exact key ring i lost 3 years previous at my old property. I looked at it for a while, then turned round walked out the bathroom went to my kids and asked who had founf the key. They was asking what key. I told them to go to the bathroom and go see. Got to the bathroom. THere was no key. and i have never seen the key again since. (I saw that key very clearly i know i could have picked that key up) why didnt i?

Being Touched - Im always getting touched on my arms and my back. Mainly when i am feeling down and going through a bad time. I feel getting stroked on my arm and my back too, like been comforted my someone. (Freaked me out the first few times)

Walking up and down stairs - Always i would hear someone going up and down my stairs, i would always go and check to see if it was my kids, but it was when they were all asleep. I know the difference from the greeks to actual footsteps going up and down.

My list can go on. I could go in to alot more detail too. I can say that i can pick up on spirits around my house, i can hear them, see them and feel them. If people think im messing around or just insane, then well thats just there problem. There are always going to be sceptics about etc...
Tue 17/08/10 at 13:01
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Kaepora Gaebora wrote:
> And I agree with HM, all of the "ghosts near/on the
> bed" are incidences of Sleep Paralysis

I'd like to believe ghosts are the spirits of the dead, for example your deceased grandmother looking over you to protect you, but I don't think they exist.

There is a theory that buildings can "remember" past events and reply them though some stored energy, but it's only a theory and doesn't explain say why people on say an ancient battlefield have seen the battle taking place again hundreds of years later.

I have had a few instances of weird apparitions but as HM and KG wrote these have all been when either falling asleep or waking up so can be attributed to sleep paralysis, although I have to say on one occasion when staying in a hotel some 300 years old on my own I vividly remember upon waking in the night seeing a lady dressed in Victorian clothing appear through the left hand wall, walk across the room and through the window which did frighten the hell out of me!
Fri 13/08/10 at 21:41
Regular
And I agree with HM, all of the "ghosts near/on the bed" are incidences of Sleep Paralysis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Fri 13/08/10 at 21:29
Regular
gr13ve wrote:

> In my current house things seem to relocate themselves, I used
> to put this down to the wifey moving things without telling me
> but while she was on holiday and I was the only one in things got
> moved. In particular the washed glasses on the draining board in
> the kitchen. Once washed I put them upside down so the water
> would drain but one day when I returned from work they were the
> right way up.

Maybe you have a very organised ghost who can't bear the thought of objects facing the wrong way, upside down... they're into their feng shui and are just helping out. Beats having a ghost scaring you!
Fri 13/08/10 at 19:24
Regular
TattooedGamer wrote:
> Do you believe in ghosts?

No.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.