GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exams"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/07 at 14:20
Regular
"Mooching around"
It's around the end of May time that most educations require a test or exam to show proof of your new skills or understanding. I know Shepps had some form of an A level exam not too long ago, and now I too have all my AS level exams coming up too.

Alfonse, do you have your GCSEs now?

I personally don't seem to find it gives me much stress, more that I fail because I can't, or rather won't, revise.

This time however, I've actually decided to put some effort in. I'm going to revise. (*gasps*)

Just thought I'd put a topic up for people to discuss A levels and GCSEs, whether it be the usual thing of older generations complaining of the exams becoming a joke in terms of ease. Or maybe a place to share how you felt the exam went.

Anyways, Good luck to anyone else in exams soon. :)
Sun 20/05/07 at 18:00
Regular
For 3 posts in a row:

I have some vocational exams in 3 1/2 weeks time.

Every step up the academic ladder, I worked harder and was more committed. On my MSc I worked my nads off relentlessly for months.

Now I can't seem to get motivated. I sit down, work for a few minutes, and suddenly find myself wondering around the living room or making toast.
It's like lost time after an alien abduction. I have no memory of how I got there.

I should be working now. It's sitting at the kitchen table wating for me.

It concerns me. I think this might be because these exams were forced upon me, and because I have no downtime outside of my 9 to 6 at work, revising in the evenings. In theory at least.

I thought I left these problems behind me when I turned my attitude around in uni.

I'm frustrated by my apathy.
Thanks Alanis
Sun 20/05/07 at 17:54
Regular
Vampyr wrote:
> Hell no Geff, degree is harder. Oh what id give to have a pure 3
> exam at 2pm rather than Jurisprudence. And Economics on monday
> instead of land law on monday.

I think law is much tougher than your average degree though.

In my first year I did a little bit more work than my non-law friends, and really struggled.

In my second and third years, I had to do much more, to score the same kinds of grades.
(And no, it wasn't because I'm a d*****s!)

I'm not sure how normal degrees compare to a-levels. In a-levels you're probably timetabled more time in lessons, so you're forced to do more work. So I guess it's up to the individual to decide which they put more effort into outside classes.

That said, a first is much tougher than an A, and a 2.1 probably tougher than a B. In terms of effort in.
Sun 20/05/07 at 17:49
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> To live up to my GCSE expectations, I have to get an A in every
> subject. And fail art :(

I know someone who actually did that.

His major art project was a print-off from some F1 game where you could design the graphics on your car.

I don't know, but I feel employers would admire him for it :^)
Sun 20/05/07 at 16:11
Regular
"Mooching around"
I've got my Core 2 maths exam tomorrow which I'm not too worried about, but I've got my 3 hour psychology exam on tuesday. It's so hard, there's far too much to remember.
Fri 18/05/07 at 08:58
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Hell no Geff, degree is harder. Oh what id give to have a pure 3 exam at 2pm rather than Jurisprudence. And Economics on monday instead of land law on monday.

Now, im gonna go and read some more coz this stuff makes me sad =(

wish me luck kids.
Thu 17/05/07 at 19:34
Regular
"lets go back"
A levels are definitely the hardest. Obviously degree level Chemistry is harder than A level, but the jump in difficulty level from GCSE to A level is bigger than that from A level to Degree, and my degree was supposed to be more intense than your average degree so some degrees must seem like a walk in the park.
Thu 17/05/07 at 19:11
Regular
Finished my last exam of eight yesterday.

Now I've got a room in London for two weeks and nothing to do until October. Now that, is a good feeling.

A Levels are probably the hardest work you'll do, really. Once you get to Uni it's less hours and you finish earlier. Maybe two or three weeks of intense cramming before exams, but not much else.
Thu 17/05/07 at 19:05
Regular
"lets go back"
I've recently been sitting my final year exams for my degree. My last one is tomorrow morning and I cant wait to finish them.
Thu 17/05/07 at 18:52
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Doing my AS levels at the moment. English Language exam on Tuesday, then two weeks 'til my next bunch of social science (hehe), history, politics and RS.

Just going over essay plans over and over again. In a way I wish all my exams were next week so I don't have two weeks to be panicking that I'm not doing enough work.
Thu 17/05/07 at 18:03
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Im doing the end of the 1st year tests at Uni...been revising most of today but im not getting far, although i can say i know the Porter and Lawler expectancy diagram inside out now!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.