GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You thoughts on 'Game Of The Year 2010?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/10 at 13:00
"Life's a conspiracy"
Which game do you think will get it, heres my choices:

Mafia 2
Bad company 2
Alan Wake
Red Dead Redemption
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Black Ops

Anyone got any Idea's?
Wed 28/07/10 at 15:34
Regular
"And in last place.."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Well to be fair, there have been no games this year that have
> been eagerly awaited by the majority, or that have been
> completely different/outstanding. It would be interesting if they
> declared there wasn't a game of the year, but it's handing out an
> award for the sake of handing out an award.

I would imagine Mario Galaxy 2 was eagerly awaited by those who played the first. And there are few games that score so highly across the board as Galaxy 2 did.
Wed 28/07/10 at 13:15
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well to be fair, there have been no games this year that have been eagerly awaited by the majority, or that have been completely different/outstanding. It would be interesting if they declared there wasn't a game of the year, but it's handing out an award for the sake of handing out an award.
Wed 28/07/10 at 12:57
"Life's a conspiracy"
Well, I have to say for me it's 'Starcraft 2' but I don't think they are put against the 360, ps3 and wii in the battle for 'GOTY'.
Wed 28/07/10 at 12:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The first Super Mario Galaxy won game of the year at a number of places in 2007 and also won the game of the year BAFTA ahead of Modern Warfare and GTA4.
Wed 28/07/10 at 08:36
Regular
"How Ironic"
What I'm trying to say, I reiterate again, is that some games are more crafted towards an older/younger audience. Don't see how that's not true, what the hell is a target market if it's not true?

To wrap this epic debate up, I would bet against a Wii title winning game of the year. I haven't been able to say that I don't think there's any games on any platform that have been brilliant.
If a Wii title does win, I stand by what I say, I still think the Wii is an aweful console.
Wed 28/07/10 at 08:22
"Life's a conspiracy"
I agree with CheekyLee, I think something that has had a lot of time and effort put into it would beat a game that was gory and/or had a high body count. For instance Mass Effect (1 or 2) is very well made, and the story is great, I would chose that over Mad world almost instantaneously...
Tue 27/07/10 at 23:58
Regular
"Short Attention Sp"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> But I didn't say appeal, I was simply saying some games are more
> crafted and aimed towards older gamers.

I am 39 years old. I am far from the 'kiddy' image most people have of Nintendo fans. But, I say with no hint of irony that I truly, TRULY, would much rather play a quality game that just happens to be colourful and cartoony than a poor game that is littered with bad language and violence. If you sit on the other side of this fence, then I pity you.

House of the Dead Overkill has an immense bodycount, and also coincidentally has more instances of swear words than any other game. Does this mean that it is the most mature game ever made, and is therefore the best game ever? Because it really does seem like this is what you are trying to say.
Tue 27/07/10 at 23:54
Regular
"How Ironic"
I trust they're not as young as six though? CoD's main market is teens/young men. Most teens, such as myself, can't stand the Wii (from my personal experience- ie. One person in my whole year in college plays the Wii, I'd say well over half have a PS3/Xbox 360).
Tue 27/07/10 at 23:13
Regular
The majority of people I know that play COD are under age.
Tue 27/07/10 at 20:23
Regular
"How Ironic"
But I didn't say appeal, I was simply saying some games are more crafted and aimed towards older gamers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.