GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You thoughts on 'Game Of The Year 2010?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/10 at 13:00
"Life's a conspiracy"
Which game do you think will get it, heres my choices:

Mafia 2
Bad company 2
Alan Wake
Red Dead Redemption
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Black Ops

Anyone got any Idea's?
Tue 10/08/10 at 08:39
Regular
"I like turtles"
Game Of The Year 2010 discussion and no votes for Blazblue ? :S
Mon 09/08/10 at 15:13
Regular
no actualy i think its impossibble
Mon 09/08/10 at 11:10
"possibly impossible"
CheekyLee wrote:
> The beauty of the Wii is that there are always absolute bargains
> to be had. This year I have managed to pick up Punch Out!!, a boy
> and his blob, Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, and Blast
> Works for £5 each. Of the 4, only Blast Works was
> pre-owned, the rest were all still shrink-wrapped from my local
> Sainsburys.

Reminds me I need to play A Boy and his Blob, heard good things about it and loved the Gameboy/NES game. Never get to the big Sainsburys here though and the small one doesn't do many games.

Also need No more heroes and the sequel at some point but never see them cheap when I have any money.
Sun 08/08/10 at 21:02
Regular
"And in last place.."
The Wii was purchased on Saturday morning and I got New Super Mario Bros. It's too early for me to declare Supwer Mario Galaxy 2 as GOTY the year but it's pretty special, as is Mario Bros.
Sat 07/08/10 at 09:45
Regular
"Short Attention Sp"
The beauty of the Wii is that there are always absolute bargains to be had. This year I have managed to pick up Punch Out!!, a boy and his blob, Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, and Blast Works for £5 each. Of the 4, only Blast Works was pre-owned, the rest were all still shrink-wrapped from my local Sainsburys. I have also frequently seen MadWorld, Nights, and No More Heroes at sub-£10 prices. Whilst none of them are GOTY material, each is very good.

What IS GOTY material is Monster Hunter Tri, but you won't find that one cheap anywhere in a hurry. This leads to the downside of the Wii. You rarely find the big name games for cheap pre-owned, because people tend to keep hold of them!
Fri 06/08/10 at 11:25
"possibly impossible"
Madworld is pretty cheap if you can find it. Just Dance is only £20-£25 (cheaper online at £16.99) and only needs the Wii Remote, or one for each player).
Fri 06/08/10 at 10:52
Regular
"And in last place.."
I imagine Holly would love Just Dance. She has been using her Auntie's Wii Fit balance board thing this week (they are back down your neck of the woods, pb) so I imagine she will want one of them too... I'll be bankrupt.

I've not looked into games for me too much, I reckon Galaxy 2 will keep me going for a while. And then there is Metroid Prime, trilogy and Galaxy 1 and Super Mario Bros and Madworld... I'll be bankrupt.
Fri 06/08/10 at 09:32
"possibly impossible"
Oh, and Game has Red Steel 2 with MotionPlus controller for £19.99 or 2 for £30 at the moment.
Fri 06/08/10 at 09:31
"possibly impossible"
Hah, I know the feeling.

However. If you do go and get a Wii today/tomorrow go and get Just Dance as well. It may not seem like a core title but it's outsold Modern Warfare 2 for a reason. It is very, very fun, even when it doesn't always pick up your moves correctly and the whole family can play it too.

I've got a good mix of Wii games now, some just for the kids (Diva Ballerina, Disney Princess), some just for me (HOTD Overkill, Madworld, Shaun White's Snowboarding) and some for all of us (Lego Star Wars, De Blob, the brilliant Boom Blox Smash Party, Raving Rabbids TV Party), there's a load more but I can't type all my games out!
Fri 06/08/10 at 09:15
Regular
"And in last place.."
pb wrote:
> Always a good idea to get a Wii if you want to play SMG2! ;)

Very true.

I perhaps should have explained I was going to wait until I had finished a couple of other games and added to the credit on my store card. I had a chat with Mario about this last night and he said I need to buy one tomorrow. At least I'll get a shot before my wife and daughter return and I never see it again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.