GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You thoughts on 'Game Of The Year 2010?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/10 at 13:00
"Life's a conspiracy"
Which game do you think will get it, heres my choices:

Mafia 2
Bad company 2
Alan Wake
Red Dead Redemption
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Black Ops

Anyone got any Idea's?
Wed 18/08/10 at 22:16
Regular
"8==="
Alpha Protocol.

Stealth wasn't implemented too well but the rest of it trounced Mass Effect 2 in all other areas besides blind fan loyalty. Mixing the better parts of Mass Effect 1 and Deus Ex with a nice array of gadgets, double-dealing and fun shooting elements.

Really good fun.

Odd that it got such mixed reviews one can only assume that EA's bribing chequebook had been busy.
Thu 12/08/10 at 15:20
Regular
what do you mean?
Wed 11/08/10 at 13:10
Regular
"How Ironic"
I have to say I think it'll probably be Red Dead, but as GK said, it really is GTA 4 on horses. The similarities are ridiculous. Even the storyline, you can tell it's Rockstar.
Wed 11/08/10 at 12:52
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pete_21 wrote:
> Jason,yeah it's great.I did post a
> review
> for it a few months ago if your interested.I noticed its only
> £15.99
> new
,it's well worth picking up at that price IMO if you
> like beat em ups.

Cheers Pete. May need something to fill my time between that month gap between work and university! Think I saw a cheaper preowned version in GAME the other day (although I was just browsing my old store... so could have been looking at something else!).

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: New suggestion from me...Split/Second. Awesome game in the racing genre. Kind of reminds me of Burnout, but a lot less tricky and a thousand times more enjoyable. If only it were a TV series...
Tue 10/08/10 at 21:14
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
So far I'd have to say Red Dead, but I'm really looking forward to Mafia 2, so if it makes my expectations it'll be a close call.
Tue 10/08/10 at 18:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
pete_21 wrote:
> Grandprix wrote:
> Blazblue is always going to fall behind Super Street Fighter 4
> so
> if it can't win in its own genre then it can't really be
> considered game of the year.
>
> Yeah it may well fall behind SS IV in popularity stakes but
> BlazBlue is the better game IMO.Would anyone (other than perhaps
> me) vote for a 2D fighter for game of the year though ?,probably
> not.

I have no problem putting Super Street Fighter 4 in the mix for Game of the Year. It's probably in my top 10 at the very least.

Our good friend (the term friend used very loosely) Metacritic has Blazblue 4 points less than Super Street Fighter and it wasn't considered for Game of the Year last year, which is when it was released to most of the world.

For the PC strategists out there, Starcraft 2 is reviewing well and will probably be considered for Game of the Year at most places.
Tue 10/08/10 at 17:33
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
My vote will go for Super Mario Galaxy 2. Granted there is the second half of the year left, but looking at it, I simply cannot see a game that will top the quality of Galaxy.

Metroid Other M looks great but flawed, Epic Mickey could go either way, Gran Turismo 5 looks decent but to be honest I've never found the idea of drving realistically in a game that appealing, Halo Reach is basically more Halo and to be honest I was done with the series at Halo 3, Black Ops looks a right mess with remote controlled cars and yet more of the same.

The start of the year has seens some great games, just not Galaxy 2 great. Red Dead looks like GTA but in the West and while I've never played Mass Effect 2 looking at reviews some were disappointed.

Furthermore look at the reviews. There's so many tens out there. For a game to do this well critic wise and not win game of the year would be an absoulte joke. Never have I played a game this generation (well except maybe Galaxy and Brawl) where I am so happy and enjoying it so much I have to keep playing it. Most games start great and tend to lose polish toward the end. Galaxy 2 is beautiful and amazing from start to finish. Anyone who disagrees clearly hasn't played the game.

So there we go. My view. That isn't to say I ain't looking forward to other games. Bring on Epic Mickey and the rest. I can't wait. But I know Mario Galaxy 2 is my winner.
Tue 10/08/10 at 16:37
Regular
"I like turtles"
Grandprix wrote:
> Blazblue is always going to fall behind Super Street Fighter 4 so
> if it can't win in its own genre then it can't really be
> considered game of the year.

Yeah it may well fall behind SS IV in popularity stakes but BlazBlue is the better game IMO.Would anyone (other than perhaps me) vote for a 2D fighter for game of the year though ?,probably not.

Jason,yeah it's great.I did post a review for it a few months ago if your interested.I noticed its only £15.99 new ,it's well worth picking up at that price IMO if you like beat em ups.
Tue 10/08/10 at 13:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Blazblue is always going to fall behind Super Street Fighter 4 so if it can't win in its own genre then it can't really be considered game of the year.
Tue 10/08/10 at 13:31
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pete_21 wrote:
> Game Of The Year 2010 discussion and no votes for Blazblue ? :S

Is it any good? Heard a few people talk about it and saw it on the shelf at game but haven't been bothered to check it out (although freeola does always spring to mind when I hear about it)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.