GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A half-arsed E3 and Mario Kart's too slow......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 11:58
Regular
What's up with that?

Anyone who's paid any attention to the Ninty side of E3 this year would have to be a fanboy to not agree that it's been a total non-event. An extreme lack of any really big announcements other than some complete cashin Pokemon games and some terrible GBA link-up things.

What's going on with Nintendo?

They say they've adopted a more aggressive approach an then they attend the biggest gaming show in the world and there wasn't a single thing on show that was really good that we hadn't seen before. Sony announce the Playstation portable, new Gran Turismo game, new MGS game, they announce a massive deal with EA for exclusive rights to the online sports line-up. Microsoft unveil Halo 2, Doom 3 amongst other things.

Where's all the amazing 1st party support from Nintendo?

Oh and to rub salt in the wounds, every single person at IGN says that Mario Kart is too slow.
Sun 18/05/03 at 16:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I concur, Geist wont be as lavish as MP.

But hopefully the change in directon will persuade more people to go for a cube.
Sun 18/05/03 at 15:48
Regular
I don't think Geist is going to reach Metroid proportions.

But then again, it will appeal to a wider audience as it's more mainstream.
Sun 18/05/03 at 15:17
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> Geist will hopefully be a stunner in Perfect Dark proportions...

It's highly unlikely.

The demo they had on show at E3 was obviously in a very early stage of development, but from the footage i've seen all it is, is a 2nd rate shooter with a few nice ideas.

I can't properly judge the product so early on in production, but it's got a hell of a long way to go if they wanna even attempt to compete with the top games in the genre.
Sun 18/05/03 at 14:30
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

>
> But Nintendo really aren't doing much to help their image and get much
> notice outside of the already knowing fans.

What E3 were you watching? Yep we got the Zelda's and Mario's but we also got games that will get Nintendo noticed outside of their demographic:

Geist will hopefully be a stunner in Perfect Dark proportions... but MGS and The Sims exclusive titles will widen the Cube's popularity for sure.
Sun 18/05/03 at 13:59
Regular
Yeah Tiltawhirl, how comes you 'fell' that way?
Sun 18/05/03 at 13:58
Regular
Errrrrrr shutup Untitled.

If you can't bring anything sensible to the conversation then just don't bother.
Sun 18/05/03 at 13:41
Regular
"aliens exist"
tiltawhirl,
the only reason you fell that way is because we already knew what nintendo would have at e3, mario kart, metal gear, f-zero, advance wars 2 , metroid 2 where as sony and microsoft didnt have that much to shout about and so kept it quiet until the event, and considering, nintendo have just launched the gameboy player and the GBA sp, then what would be the point in showing them again at e3??

are you saying you dont want any big games or new technology to be released mid year and that they should only be shown first at e3???

well then your propbably one the fools moaning about 'drouts' in the summer, you cant have it both ways, and there is a choice of 3 consoles out so stop bitching and moaning
Sun 18/05/03 at 13:27
Regular
Casual gamer at E3? My friends at school hadn't even heard of E3 apart from 1 of them who is quite a big fan of games.
Sun 18/05/03 at 13:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Since when has the casual gamer been into E3?
Sun 18/05/03 at 01:38
Regular
I think this show was for the casual gamer...

The Sims, metal gear solid and a host of cash-ins.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.