GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A half-arsed E3 and Mario Kart's too slow......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 11:58
Regular
What's up with that?

Anyone who's paid any attention to the Ninty side of E3 this year would have to be a fanboy to not agree that it's been a total non-event. An extreme lack of any really big announcements other than some complete cashin Pokemon games and some terrible GBA link-up things.

What's going on with Nintendo?

They say they've adopted a more aggressive approach an then they attend the biggest gaming show in the world and there wasn't a single thing on show that was really good that we hadn't seen before. Sony announce the Playstation portable, new Gran Turismo game, new MGS game, they announce a massive deal with EA for exclusive rights to the online sports line-up. Microsoft unveil Halo 2, Doom 3 amongst other things.

Where's all the amazing 1st party support from Nintendo?

Oh and to rub salt in the wounds, every single person at IGN says that Mario Kart is too slow.
Sat 17/05/03 at 15:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
>?
>
> Of course I can but in the buying publics eyes

E3?

Eh?

Muh?

Lest buy PS2 now. Yes. With Vice City cos of the reputation its got.

In most cases I should imagine.
Sat 17/05/03 at 15:46
Regular
I've just been given a nice..err..legitimate version of Vice City for the PC.

No need for a PS2 now.
Sat 17/05/03 at 15:48
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You'll be bored after two hours anyway.
Sat 17/05/03 at 15:51
Regular
I know.

But once I've played it properly I have more credability to insult it.
Sat 17/05/03 at 15:52
Regular
To be honest, no I don't. If people consider Nintendo's games to be childish then that's their problem.

But at the end of the day, bad sales means bad third party support, bad third party support means lack of intrest in Cube and results in Nintendo being in serious financial trouble.

I wish we could go back to the days of SNES and N64 when Nintendo didn't feel it was necessary to rush games unfinished games out (Zelda would have had an extra 2 dungeons if it wasn't for release dates) but the fact is there's 2 other big consoles on the market to compete with and Nintendo need to have a constant flow of top quality games if they're ever gonna stand a chance.

I couldn't give a crap about Nintendo having a 'cool' image, I play games becuase I enjoy them not because I want to help my 'street' image. The thing is that's how kids think these days, they buy Playstations because they think they're. It's annoying but Nintendo really do need to work harder than they are at the moment if they think their gonna survive much longer in an industry that is based so much on being 'mature' and being 'cool'.

I tell's ya, if Sony had never entered the industry then we wouldn't have these problems. It would still be Sega VS Nintendo and the industry would be about game play and innovation not about how many people you can kill in slow motion whilst smoking a fag and listening to Nu metal.
Sat 17/05/03 at 15:55
Regular
I concur.

But I know Nintendo won't dissapear anytime soon. Not until the PSP is released anyway.
Sat 17/05/03 at 15:55
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Sony are the 'townies/radgies' of the gaming industry.
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:02
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The gaming industry is now headed exactly the same way as the music industry, and to some extent the film industry. Everything nowadays is about image - you're an outcast if you don't love general pop/dance/chart music, or something slightly different, and the same is happening with Sony, Sony are the 'next big thing' - you have to be an owner of their console to fit in. Owning a GC means you play 'kiddy games', and the Xbox is seen as a giant piece of crap basically.

That's how I see it anyway.
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:07
Regular
Was Metroid 2 actually shown?

Anyway, as I said, it's not GameCubes's lineup that's disappointing, games like LK2, Skies, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, F-Zero and other games, it's the games that were unveiled, none seem to be really good.
Sat 17/05/03 at 16:09
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Was Metroid 2 actually shown?

There was a 20 second teaser trailer type thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.