GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo due to disappoint us all.....AGAIN!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 22:39
Regular
After reading the latest NGC magazine, I was relieved to hear that a spokeswoman from Nintendo of Europe said that the GameCube's release date has not been announced, but has been stated as Spring so that European customers aren't disappointed by any delays.

How wrong could I be?

Not only is what she said a load of rubbish, but it looks like Nintendo are delaying the release of the GameCube to September next year!

According to Codejunkies, who develop game enhancers for nearly every console said that a games publisher has revealed that "Europe is not a priority for Nintendo".

Tell us something we didn't already know!

I'm sure most of you already know how Nintendo treat us like dirt. The only exception being the release of the Game Boy Advance being released just after America had them. Ever since Nintendo have made videogames, they have been delaying European and sometimes American release dates. It happened with the N64, and with top games like 'Zelda: Ocarina of Time'.

So why delay the console this time?

Well it's not been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that they are going to delay it's release, but part of Grant Hughes article on Codejunkies says this:

"A spokesperson for Nintendo told MCV that no Euro launch date will be given "until after we have seen how the launches have gone in Japan and the US"."

Well the launch in Japan was a success (considering what had just happened) and I can't see Nintendo failing to reach audiences in the United States. However Nintendo will use anything to put off their launches in Europe.

The trouble with Nintendo, especialy Yamauchi (think that's how you spell his name), is that they are too confident. Nintendo keep having arguments with top developers like Squaresoft, and they keep delaying and rising the prices of their software, and yet they expect us all to be buying their consoles and games with no complaints. I will still be getting my GameCube, but if there is a massive delay as predicted, I wont be too happy with Nintendo about it.

So if you are excited about getting your GameCubes and seing all the new games and innovations, all I can suggest is: Don't hold your breath.
Sun 28/10/01 at 16:48
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Dringo wrote:
"Nice to see you again Sonic but hey why not disagree anyway."

Fair enough! That's what the boards are for after all! Tis better to dispute a problem and leave it unresolved than to resolve a problem without disputing it!

"Nintendo are making on hell of an effort to get things done when they said they will if delays occur it'll be by a few weeks at the most Nintendo WILL reaach the spring date they said that they have never guarenteed a date before so i beleive them."

Well, I personally admire Nintendo as one of the only games companies to delay a product by as long is needed to make it good, but getting back to what you are saying...

Nintendo have, indeed, never guaranteed a date before. Nor have they with the GC. Like the N64, Zelda OTT and the 64DD, they have simply pencilled in a tentative general date that is very unspecific. This makes me wonder... and worry.

If Nintendo were really serious about the European market, then they would surely have given us a date... even if it's just a month that the console would come out in. In fact, if the console is to come out in Spring, then they will start to advertise in Europe soon to makee people wait for the GC rather than buy a PS2 over Xmas. The fact is that the majority of the population doesn't know whata Gamecube is, and sees the PS2 as the only option.

"As for Gamecube knowledge well it is already spreading people i don't know (those i do know about the gamecube) are now talking about it, the console is getting slowley hyped up with game network increasing in popularity the GBA's box being used as a piece of propaganda!"

Indeed, within the gaming network there is lots of hype and excitement over the Gamecube. Amoung the general public there is not. The fact is that everyone in the country knows what a PS2 is. If you're gonna buy little Johny a console it'll be a PS2... after all, so many people have Playstations that this comes as no suprise.

As for the Gamecube, there is no hype outside the gaming comunity. At all. You make a good point about the GBA advertising the GC, but is this enough? Do you think that the population that has embraced the PS2 will suddenly drop all this because they saw a picture of a Gamecube? I certainly don't. If anything they'll see the stupidly coloured console (let's face it... it looks kiddy) and say it's just another kid's machine.

"Now as for advertisement the American one is very very intense with Dr Pepper and "cube clubs" clubs that tour the country if this happens over here particularty with the popularity of the worlds greatest soft drink which will help shive Nintendo where they belong at the top of the console market."

Well that's because Nintendo values the US market... they have even put adverts up there... but what about Europe? It's all good and well have a new Nintendo UK headquarters, but when there isn't a single piece of media about the console, you do wonder!

Sonic
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Cooky wrote:
> I know what you mean. It REALLY annoys me seeing Sony's LAME attempt at a
> console doing sooo well only due to the fact that it has NO competition! Why
> can't Nintendo release their console earlier and steal some of the thunder from
> Sony! I'm pretty sure that if Nintendo had released the Gamecube a lot earlier
> the Playstation 2 wouldn't be doing half aswell as it is at the moment!

That's not what Edge are saying.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:40
Regular
You want to know why they havent announced a date yet? Go to Chat and i have explained all.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:45
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:

That's not what Edge are saying.

Nope thats what Cookys saying!

But Edge said that the Japan Release was shockingly bad!?!?! How so if Nintendo reached their target? Thats good surly?

Edge are biased i contacted future publishing about a job at NGC but they said it would be nice but they are looking for Nintendo nuts on Edge as even the writers for that section support Sony.

Oh and the PS2 still improving graphics why can't they do a Nintendo and say thats it no need to improve graphics any further time to sit back and make fun games??????

I tell you Sony's Playstation is on a mission to mimick real life as realistically as possible whilst Nintendo are doing what the gaming industry was made to do what it started off being, Fun the idea of a toy rather than a entertainment system i want to play games for fun!
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Cyclone wrote:
> The thing that gets me is that yes PS has done better than Nintendo. But
> why?

Because the PS had much more games, statistically better games, and loads and loads of third parties. Also, there was Sony's marketing genius and the fact that the N64 was aimed at kids while the PS was aimed at 20-somethings with much much more disposable income.

A chimp with half a brain could see that N64 has better graphics and
> sound, as it is TWICE as powerful! It can do better graphics because it is
> faster. It is logical - twice the power, twice the graphics. What looks better
> Turok 1 (a launch game on the 64) or Medal OF Honour, a later game on
> PS????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Graphics don't mean anything. Oh, and the PS had far superior sound due to the N64 using carts and therefore the music and SFX had very high compression on them.

eg Driver 2 on PS. Ohhh, another amazing game! Yes, the
> buildings that magicaly appear before your eyes, or the buildings that wobble,
> or even the amazing cars, with real blocks of polygons!!!! Fantastic, lets all
> go and buy it!

Graphics count for nothing. Driver and Driver 2 had amazing gameplay. By your reckoning, Mario was one of the worst games ever with it's low detail sprite and mighty 2556 colours. Ooooh.

FOOLS! The '64 has got less games, but thse games look, play
> and sound better. The only two games i would buy a PS for are FF7 and MGS, and I
> have completed both of those!

Biased gimp. See above.

What looks better Jet Force Gemini, or C12 - As
> a matter of fact, what plays better, is longer and fun? Err C12? That seems to
> be the mentality around!

You're picking bad examples purposefully. Stop it and look with your eyes.

The N64 has not sold as well, but logicly, it should
> of been reversed. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. Logic has no
> place here. Just look at the computer shops.

Sigh..

(now Ninty, show your
> stuff, and destroy Sony. We need it, andpeople don't deserve been supplied sub
> standard graphics, sounds and games. Come on.)

Please, never return here again if you can't discuss thing sensibly without being blinded by bias. God, I've been called biased before but you are insane.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Cooky wrote:
> OrÜega have you not heard the music in Zelda OOT? Abosolutely brilliant!

It might be good but it's exceedingly poor quality. Can you not tell this?
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dringo wrote:
> I tell you Sony's Playstation is on a
> mission to mimick real life as realistically as possible whilst Nintendo are
> doing what the gaming industry was made to do what it started off being, Fun the
> idea of a toy rather than a entertainment system i want to play games for fun!

What about GTA3? Not only is it incredibly realistic (up to a point, obviously) but it's immensley fun. Also, you Nintys have very little chance of seeing it on the GameCube, as if Nintendo would allow it anyway.
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Thanks for the information Edgy. As I said in another post, Nintendo continue to treat us gamers like old shoes, just slinging them out after a some cheap cash. It's very unprofessional of Ninty. We have given Ninty all of our (in most cases) hard earned cash to them and in return, we are given titles at a rediculous price and in some cases, shoddy titles at rediculous prices. Then, just to rub our face in the soil, spit in our face and pour salt on the wound all at once, they delay the Gamecube to Spring 2002. That release date is just nonsense. In America or Japan (or both, I can't remember), they are happily playing away at their Gamecube now and we have to wait an entire 6 months or more until we can get our hands on it. Really, the games industry but really Ninty as a whole, have no escuse for it. I'm surprised that there hasn't been boycotting of Ninty. If there was, I would definatley join in.
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:05
Regular
OrÜega wrote:

"THe N64 has crap sound. You aint serouisly saying that the N64 has better sound than the CD based Playstation?"

Conker's Bad Fur Day just won an award at that show thingy for best sound in a console game.
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:08
Regular
Ps2 is gonna kick GCs a** because at least they show us european gamers more respect. No wonder they appeal more to kids I mean what do kids care about launch days slipping.

Who has a N64 and is gonna wait until the UK gc is released? Very few many will go for a substitute maybe the PS2 or the xbox. Already the xbox launch day has been confirmed though it may slip at least now they will try to reach this date and meaning if it changes there wont be a huge difference.

But when it comes to the GC they havent confirmed anything so they wont put an effort to reach a certain date so the GC might even launch at autumn next year or worse 2003 and what about the day that resi4 will be played on a uk GC, that looks very far off.

Oh and once again on the issue of respect, we pay the highest price than any other market yet get the worst back from them, Nitendo should have just released an Ntsc console for the european market as they seem lazy to give PAL consoles the same if not better stuff than the japanese and american version of the same console.

Yeah I've seen GC games and there are quite good but when are we going to play them on a GC console so this could be its downfall plus its not doing well in Japan even now you can get an import from japan unlike the launch of PS2 when it sold out on the launch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.