GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo due to disappoint us all.....AGAIN!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 22:39
Regular
After reading the latest NGC magazine, I was relieved to hear that a spokeswoman from Nintendo of Europe said that the GameCube's release date has not been announced, but has been stated as Spring so that European customers aren't disappointed by any delays.

How wrong could I be?

Not only is what she said a load of rubbish, but it looks like Nintendo are delaying the release of the GameCube to September next year!

According to Codejunkies, who develop game enhancers for nearly every console said that a games publisher has revealed that "Europe is not a priority for Nintendo".

Tell us something we didn't already know!

I'm sure most of you already know how Nintendo treat us like dirt. The only exception being the release of the Game Boy Advance being released just after America had them. Ever since Nintendo have made videogames, they have been delaying European and sometimes American release dates. It happened with the N64, and with top games like 'Zelda: Ocarina of Time'.

So why delay the console this time?

Well it's not been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that they are going to delay it's release, but part of Grant Hughes article on Codejunkies says this:

"A spokesperson for Nintendo told MCV that no Euro launch date will be given "until after we have seen how the launches have gone in Japan and the US"."

Well the launch in Japan was a success (considering what had just happened) and I can't see Nintendo failing to reach audiences in the United States. However Nintendo will use anything to put off their launches in Europe.

The trouble with Nintendo, especialy Yamauchi (think that's how you spell his name), is that they are too confident. Nintendo keep having arguments with top developers like Squaresoft, and they keep delaying and rising the prices of their software, and yet they expect us all to be buying their consoles and games with no complaints. I will still be getting my GameCube, but if there is a massive delay as predicted, I wont be too happy with Nintendo about it.

So if you are excited about getting your GameCubes and seing all the new games and innovations, all I can suggest is: Don't hold your breath.
Sat 27/10/01 at 02:33
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well I don't know about that!

My Dreamcast's still pretty good! Play that more than my Playstation!

:)
Sat 27/10/01 at 11:42
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, I like the DC.

The thing about Nintendo is, they're leaving their customers hanging. Most people's N64s died last summer with Paper Mario. Now, Nintys seem to only have their old classics to keep themselves amused. The problem is, many of them are getting bored and just buying PS2 because they've got nothing else to play on. This is a big problem for Ninty because, ehat with Christmas coming and all, the more they wait, the more people buy PS2s and don't buy GameCubes.
Sat 27/10/01 at 12:25
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I know what you mean. It REALLY annoys me seeing Sony's LAME attempt at a console doing sooo well only due to the fact that it has NO competition! Why can't Nintendo release their console earlier and steal some of the thunder from Sony! I'm pretty sure that if Nintendo had released the Gamecube a lot earlier the Playstation 2 wouldn't be doing half aswell as it is at the moment!

:)
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
Cooky wrote:
> I know what you mean. It REALLY annoys me seeing Sony's LAME attempt at a
> console doing sooo well only due to the fact that it has NO competition! Why
> can't Nintendo release their console earlier and steal some of the thunder from
> Sony! I'm pretty sure that if Nintendo had released the Gamecube a lot earlier
> the Playstation 2 wouldn't be doing half aswell as it is at the moment!

Erm...try looking at the list of PS2 releases for the next few months.

I don't think 'lame' is the appropriate word.
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:32
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Ant wrote:

Erm...try looking at the list of PS2
> releases for the next few months.

I don't think 'lame' is the appropriate
> word.

Well, It isn't good enough. There should be more great titles, considering the amount of game's for it.
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:41
Regular
Gamecube is still to be released in spring.

The other real news is the fact that Sony have gone into the red, after recording a loss of $325 million pounds. That's quite worrying, and I'm surprised it hasn't been reported on here yet.

Also, another little something that seems to have gone over everyones heads, is that Cel Damage, originally exclusive for X-Box, is now coming to Gamecube as well.

What else...

CHiPS, the seventies cop show, is being made into a game for the Gamecube.

And apparently Doom is out in America, so should be over here soon. Multiplayer first person madness, could be fun.
Sat 27/10/01 at 14:25
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I'm sticking by my April 5th release date... I really think it'll be then...

Still... time will tell....

I think Galleon could be good... there is quite a good storyline to it, apparantly.

I can't wait to see what the Mario Kart game will be like... I'd imagine, seeing as the GC is so easy to develop for, there'll be about 12 racers, and no less than 24 tracks... of course I could be wrong... but I think we'll start seeing a lot more concentration on the gameplay.

I wonder if there'll be much competition between DKR and Mario Kart...
Sat 27/10/01 at 14:47
Regular
I don't think this christmas will be a desperately great time for ps2 console sales. Of course, i'm sure there'll be a substantial increase, but i'd say it's priced out of the christmas present market, despite the recent price drop. Don't see too many parents paying out 200 pounds to get little timmy one of those. I still think most of it's sales are as an entertainment centre, and bigger purchases than christmas presents.

Game sales on the other hand, i can see sony erasing a lot of the aforementioned debt there...

As for gamecube, if it's later than next spring i'm going to sell my dvd and get a ps2.
I'm out of loyalty.
Sat 27/10/01 at 14:50
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
The thing about Nintendo is, they're leaving their
> customers hanging. Most people's N64s died last summer with Paper Mario.

Paper Mario only came out 3 weeks ago! I have already clocked up 20 hours on it, but i reckon there is still 10 hours worth left in it.
Sat 27/10/01 at 14:51
Regular
The Game wrote:
I can't wait to see what the
> Mario Kart game will be like...

I just hope they bring back koopa troopa as a racer. He was always my fave on the SNES.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.