GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo due to disappoint us all.....AGAIN!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 22:39
Regular
After reading the latest NGC magazine, I was relieved to hear that a spokeswoman from Nintendo of Europe said that the GameCube's release date has not been announced, but has been stated as Spring so that European customers aren't disappointed by any delays.

How wrong could I be?

Not only is what she said a load of rubbish, but it looks like Nintendo are delaying the release of the GameCube to September next year!

According to Codejunkies, who develop game enhancers for nearly every console said that a games publisher has revealed that "Europe is not a priority for Nintendo".

Tell us something we didn't already know!

I'm sure most of you already know how Nintendo treat us like dirt. The only exception being the release of the Game Boy Advance being released just after America had them. Ever since Nintendo have made videogames, they have been delaying European and sometimes American release dates. It happened with the N64, and with top games like 'Zelda: Ocarina of Time'.

So why delay the console this time?

Well it's not been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that they are going to delay it's release, but part of Grant Hughes article on Codejunkies says this:

"A spokesperson for Nintendo told MCV that no Euro launch date will be given "until after we have seen how the launches have gone in Japan and the US"."

Well the launch in Japan was a success (considering what had just happened) and I can't see Nintendo failing to reach audiences in the United States. However Nintendo will use anything to put off their launches in Europe.

The trouble with Nintendo, especialy Yamauchi (think that's how you spell his name), is that they are too confident. Nintendo keep having arguments with top developers like Squaresoft, and they keep delaying and rising the prices of their software, and yet they expect us all to be buying their consoles and games with no complaints. I will still be getting my GameCube, but if there is a massive delay as predicted, I wont be too happy with Nintendo about it.

So if you are excited about getting your GameCubes and seing all the new games and innovations, all I can suggest is: Don't hold your breath.
Sat 27/10/01 at 15:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The thing that gets me is that yes PS has done better than Nintendo. But why?

A chimp with half a brain could see that N64 has better graphics and sound, as it is TWICE as powerful! It can do better graphics because it is faster. It is logical - twice the power, twice the graphics. What looks better Turok 1 (a launch game on the 64) or Medal OF Honour, a later game on PS????????!!!!!!!!!!!

eg Driver 2 on PS. Ohhh, another amazing game! Yes, the buildings that magicaly appear before your eyes, or the buildings that wobble, or even the amazing cars, with real blocks of polygons!!!! Fantastic, lets all go and buy it!

FOOLS! The '64 has got less games, but thse games look, play and sound better. The only two games i would buy a PS for are FF7 and MGS, and I have completed both of those!

What looks better Jet Force Gemini, or C12 - As a matter of fact, what plays better, is longer and fun? Err C12? That seems to be the mentality around!

The N64 has not sold as well, but logicly, it should of been reversed. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. Logic has no place here. Just look at the computer shops.

(now Ninty, show your stuff, and destroy Sony. We need it, andpeople don't deserve been supplied sub standard graphics, sounds and games. Come on.)
Sat 27/10/01 at 17:26
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
How easily people will forget of Nintendo's failed promises!

The N64 itself was delayed to no end. And then many of the console's games, Zelda being the most notable, were also delayed. Following that, the 64DD was dealyed, by about 2 years(!), and then disappeared into the backstreets of Tokyo. And now there is the chance that the same thing could happen with the GC.... and no one believes it!

Well, based on past experience of Nintendo's time keeping, it would not suprise me. After all, you might expect some word on advertising for the console if it were to launch in spring... thus making some people give up getting a PS2 at Christmas, and waiting a few months.

Indeed, outside forums such as this, almost no one knows what a Gamecube is! That should be worrying Nintendo into doing something... but clearly not!

Sonic
Sat 27/10/01 at 19:06
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> The thing that gets me is that yes PS has done better than Nintendo. But
> why?

A chimp with half a brain could see that N64 has better graphics and
> sound, as it is TWICE as powerful!

THe N64 has crap sound. You aint serouisly saying that the N64 has better sound than the CD based Playstation?

Have You never played any of the WWF games on the PS and N64? the Entrance music for the wrestlers on the N64 is pathetic as the carts have limited space, while the music on the Playstation is the real thing.
Sat 27/10/01 at 19:41
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
OrÜega have you not heard the music in Zelda OOT? Abosolutely brilliant!

And take for example Mario 64, first water level, {the one with the sunkenship}. In that level the music starts normally {one of my all time fav. computer game music tracks}, and when you go towards to water more samples come into the music, and when you enter into the water, the sound slightly changes even more. This is PURE QUALITY! It's an effect that wasn't possible on the PS but was used to GREAT effect on the N64! The only games I think had really good music on the PS were the Final Fantasy games, Chrono Cross, and Wipeout!

:)
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:41
Regular
That's down to the cleverness of Nintendo staff.

They made the music sound wonderful, even though it wasn't quite CD quality.

CD quality takes up loads of space.
A cartrige can only hold about 3 minutes of CD quality music, and there'd be no room for anything else!
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:42
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
What Cyclone fails to remember is that power does not sell consoles.. the games do! And look at the N64's launch in Japan...

ONE GAME! Mario 64. And guess what... 3 months after launch there were only 4 games on sale.

And yet you expect people to buy the console because of the power... sure.

In actual fact, the N64 was not twice the power of a PSX due to the architecture, but I really can't be bothered to go into that, seeing as it is totally irrelavant.

Sonic
Sun 28/10/01 at 01:47
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> OrÜega have you not heard the music in Zelda OOT? Abosolutely brilliant!

I'm not saying the Music is bad, i'm just saying the N64 didnt have high quality sound like the playstation. Becasue it wasnt possible on the carts.

I do agree that the music in games like Zelda and Mario is good though, just not high quality.
Sun 28/10/01 at 08:23
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
It all depends what you class as high quality. If you mean that high quality is only CD music at 196bits then yes I guess the PS had higher quality. But the power of midi is very good when used well. I mean have you played Turok 2 on the N64 and heard some of the orcestral type music in that? Pure CLASS!

:)
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:41
Regular
SonicRav wrote:
> How easily people will forget of Nintendo's failed promises!

The N64 itself
> was delayed to no end. And then many of the console's games, Zelda being the
> most notable, were also delayed. Following that, the 64DD was dealyed, by about
> 2 years(!), and then disappeared into the backstreets of Tokyo. And now there is
> the chance that the same thing could happen with the GC.... and no one believes
> it!

Well, based on past experience of Nintendo's time keeping, it would not
> suprise me. After all, you might expect some word on advertising for the console
> if it were to launch in spring... thus making some people give up getting a PS2
> at Christmas, and waiting a few months.

Indeed, outside forums such as this,
> almost no one knows what a Gamecube is! That should be worrying Nintendo into
> doing something... but clearly not!

Nice to see you again Sonic but hey why not disagree anyway.

Nintendo are making on hell of an effort to get things done when they said they will if delays occur it'll be by a few weeks at the most Nintendo WILL reaach the spring date they said that they have never guarenteed a date before so i beleive them.

As for Gamecube knowledge well it is already spreading people i don't know (those i do know about the gamecube) are now talking about it, the console is getting slowley hyped up with game network increasing in popularity the GBA's box being used as a piece of propaganda! Now as for advertisement the American one is very very intense with Dr Pepper and "cube clubs" clubs that tour the country if this happens over here particularty with the popularity of the worlds greatest soft drink which will help shive Nintendo where they belong at the top of the console market.
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:45
Regular
SonicRav wrote:
> What Cyclone fails to remember is that power does not sell consoles.. the games
> do! And look at the N64's launch in Japan...

ONE GAME! Mario 64. And guess
> what... 3 months after launch there were only 4 games on sale.

And yet you
> expect people to buy the console because of the power... sure.

In actual
> fact, the N64 was not twice the power of a PSX due to the architecture, but I
> really can't be bothered to go into that, seeing as it is totally
> irrelavant.

Thats thanks to Nintnedo desgining it really, as for Marion 64 i belive all the N64 needed was Mario 64 to survive 7 years, ok a large exageration but you know what i mean.
Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.