GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo due to disappoint us all.....AGAIN!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 22:39
Regular
After reading the latest NGC magazine, I was relieved to hear that a spokeswoman from Nintendo of Europe said that the GameCube's release date has not been announced, but has been stated as Spring so that European customers aren't disappointed by any delays.

How wrong could I be?

Not only is what she said a load of rubbish, but it looks like Nintendo are delaying the release of the GameCube to September next year!

According to Codejunkies, who develop game enhancers for nearly every console said that a games publisher has revealed that "Europe is not a priority for Nintendo".

Tell us something we didn't already know!

I'm sure most of you already know how Nintendo treat us like dirt. The only exception being the release of the Game Boy Advance being released just after America had them. Ever since Nintendo have made videogames, they have been delaying European and sometimes American release dates. It happened with the N64, and with top games like 'Zelda: Ocarina of Time'.

So why delay the console this time?

Well it's not been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that they are going to delay it's release, but part of Grant Hughes article on Codejunkies says this:

"A spokesperson for Nintendo told MCV that no Euro launch date will be given "until after we have seen how the launches have gone in Japan and the US"."

Well the launch in Japan was a success (considering what had just happened) and I can't see Nintendo failing to reach audiences in the United States. However Nintendo will use anything to put off their launches in Europe.

The trouble with Nintendo, especialy Yamauchi (think that's how you spell his name), is that they are too confident. Nintendo keep having arguments with top developers like Squaresoft, and they keep delaying and rising the prices of their software, and yet they expect us all to be buying their consoles and games with no complaints. I will still be getting my GameCube, but if there is a massive delay as predicted, I wont be too happy with Nintendo about it.

So if you are excited about getting your GameCubes and seing all the new games and innovations, all I can suggest is: Don't hold your breath.
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:39
Regular
After reading the latest NGC magazine, I was relieved to hear that a spokeswoman from Nintendo of Europe said that the GameCube's release date has not been announced, but has been stated as Spring so that European customers aren't disappointed by any delays.

How wrong could I be?

Not only is what she said a load of rubbish, but it looks like Nintendo are delaying the release of the GameCube to September next year!

According to Codejunkies, who develop game enhancers for nearly every console said that a games publisher has revealed that "Europe is not a priority for Nintendo".

Tell us something we didn't already know!

I'm sure most of you already know how Nintendo treat us like dirt. The only exception being the release of the Game Boy Advance being released just after America had them. Ever since Nintendo have made videogames, they have been delaying European and sometimes American release dates. It happened with the N64, and with top games like 'Zelda: Ocarina of Time'.

So why delay the console this time?

Well it's not been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that they are going to delay it's release, but part of Grant Hughes article on Codejunkies says this:

"A spokesperson for Nintendo told MCV that no Euro launch date will be given "until after we have seen how the launches have gone in Japan and the US"."

Well the launch in Japan was a success (considering what had just happened) and I can't see Nintendo failing to reach audiences in the United States. However Nintendo will use anything to put off their launches in Europe.

The trouble with Nintendo, especialy Yamauchi (think that's how you spell his name), is that they are too confident. Nintendo keep having arguments with top developers like Squaresoft, and they keep delaying and rising the prices of their software, and yet they expect us all to be buying their consoles and games with no complaints. I will still be getting my GameCube, but if there is a massive delay as predicted, I wont be too happy with Nintendo about it.

So if you are excited about getting your GameCubes and seing all the new games and innovations, all I can suggest is: Don't hold your breath.
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:41
Regular
"Back For Good"
If that happens then I'll get a Japanese one chipped for pal games with that mod chip thing so its in colour, If they make em then that is ;-)
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:46
Regular
"always swirling"
Resvilfan wrote:
> If that happens then I'll get a Japanese one chipped for pal games with that mod
> chip thing so its in colour, If they make em then that is ;-)

i'd do that but i'm poor
Fri 26/10/01 at 23:01
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Poor? Fitting username then... :D

Anyway... Nintendo WILL release in early spring... remember... february isn't spring... March is and April, well early April could still be classed as Early Spring...

The Gamecube will ge here... I bet it's here by April 5th at least!
Fri 26/10/01 at 23:16
Good old mindless optimism!

Never fails :-)
Fri 26/10/01 at 23:19
Regular
If it really is delayed like that, then i'm definetly going to be getting a PS2, i've had enough of Nintendo extracting the urine with launch dates.
Fri 26/10/01 at 23:19
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Great. Thats just great.

Nintendo. If you want to win the console war ya gotta whip your console out early :D

Sony did and and look what happened to them. Loads of buyers, loads of money.
Fri 26/10/01 at 23:22
Regular
All you Nintys getting PS2s?...... Tsk.....

Wheres the loyalty in that?!
Fri 26/10/01 at 23:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Anyone got Nintys e-mail - we should organise a petition

Its just a shame that we have to do his kind of thing. Europe is a massive market, but America is an ever bigger one I suppose (sold out in 4 mins online)

That e-mail address anyone?
Sat 27/10/01 at 00:02
Regular
"accidental superher"
petitions on the whole do absolutely **** all
and even though i don't want a gamecube...i do sympathise cos i;ve been messed about a lot by sega of europe (with all their cancellations)....
i hope you get your gamecubes as quick as possible....:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.